It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Bible Code"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

check out this - gnosticteachings.org... gs-of-gnosis/resources-and-references/565-the-hebrew-alphabet.html

listen to the introduction to the alphabet of kabballah ... it goes into entire (entertaining) hour long lectures on each individual letter of the hebrew alphabet.. and their hidden meaning.
goes heavily into the story of what man needs to do in order to transcend this current form and ascend into the divine body. (secrets of life you mention)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I only care to contribute two (2) words to this discussion:

Ivan Panin

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
HI ,

THE question schould be when somebody knows the code ,should he make it public ready for debate?
Because all the ancient talk about keeping it secret from jesus to thoth/merlin etc. Otherwise it wouldnt be coded in the first place. It is the jouney what matters.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
( Please do not Bash ) Every one is welcome to post there ideas, prospective, and beliefs.

I was flipping through the channels the other day when I came across "the christian channel" and saw "The Bible Code". That was enough to get my attention for quite some time..

For those who do not know what "The Bible Code" is. (and this is just as I understand it, not to be quoted)
Only refers to the Hebrew Bible, The Torah. Its said that the secrets of life are within those texts written in Hebrew. I have heard Scholars say that "it seems as if the Hebrew language/alphabet was designed specifically for master coding".

The Idea is, (for example) if you took the first letter of every word, or every paragraph or whatever, at the end of the book you will have a hidden message. i guess? i dunno..

I believe its called equidistant letter sequencing. Its possible to find almost anything there as long as you have an idea of how far you want the letters spaced (3 letters, 5 letters whatever)

There was a show on the history channel back when it was actually interesting. The point of that program was to show how the torah was able to give a few details on 2012 or in the jewish calendar somewhere between 5773-5780. It might be on youtube. Check it out if you can

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

hi Edgar

You wrote: QUOTE

"I believe its called equidistant letter sequencing. Its possible to find almost anything there as long as you have an idea of how far you want the letters spaced (3 letters, 5 letters whatever)..."

UNQUOTE

The issue is that even if you only take the Torah portions (not the rest of the so-called 'Hebrew scriptures' whose canon was not 'closed' until some 60 years after the Destruction of Palestine/Jerusalem c. 70 CE by the Roman Army and certainly not before the council of Javneh c. 90 CE) you are not dealing with a single consonantal text set in stone (the Dead Sea Scroll material found in Caves 1-11 and sealed up in June of 68CE prove that beyond ANY doubt) but several pluriform versions of the consonantal text of the Torah (e.g. the Samaritan Pentateuch, the Hebrew consonantal underlays to the LXX (A) and LXX (B), the consonantal version of the protoMasoretic text (still fluid as late as 250 CE), and the consonantal Hebrew underlays (vorlagen) to the Greek translations of Symmachus, Aquila and Theodotion - no two of these versions are alike letter for letter / consonant for consonant...

So...you cannot create a SINGLE CODE from any text ancient or modern unless FIRST you have in front of you a SINGLE NON-ALTERING solid 'set in stone' text from which to work -

That is, if only ONE SINGLE CONSONANT is different from one version of say the Torah to ther other, ANY purported CODE immediately falls apart (i.e. you're off by one consonant the whole time); whereas in the five or six versions of the Torah that were in circulation prior to 90 CE in the Levant and elsewhere (e.g. in Alexandria) the consonants arranged in the scribal text columns differ from each other by as much as 1 consonant in 10 in some places and 1 consonant in 7 in others and in some others the difference is 1 consonant in 6.

Quite a textual nightmare actually if you want a coherent text from which to build any kind of 'code'.

Ergo.. when one does not possess a single coherent text, one cannot have a coherent 'Bible' Code - it's just not possible - and the brutal fact is that there are many contradictory Hebrew Vorlagen consonantal undertlaying texts out there in the wild which cannot be reconciled with each other - they are simply DIFFERENT written versions of the traditions handed down and copied in different scribal centers...

In the Torah alone, there are thousands of scribal emendations/changes/additions/deletions/transpositions to the consonantal text families that were copied out by hand in variously spaced columns over time (see the Dead Sea Scrolls and all their pluriform variations of even simple texts) so that what you end up with is a hotch potch of non-matching MSS (at least prior to 250 CE); after that period, the texts start to gel into a more or less 'official' Masoretic text wherein the scribes began to 'count the middle letter of a column' to keep accuracy - but this was not in practice before that time from what the documents reveal.

Clear as mud?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join