It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Bible Code"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
( Please do not Bash ) Every one is welcome to post there ideas, prospective, and beliefs.

I was flipping through the channels the other day when I came across "the christian channel" and saw "The Bible Code". That was enough to get my attention for quite some time..

For those who do not know what "The Bible Code" is. (and this is just as I understand it, not to be quoted)
Only refers to the Hebrew Bible, The Torah. Its said that the secrets of life are within those texts written in Hebrew. I have heard Scholars say that "it seems as if the Hebrew language/alphabet was designed specifically for master coding".

The Idea is, (for example) if you took the first letter of every word, or every paragraph or whatever, at the end of the book you will have a hidden message. i guess? i dunno..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
interesting . Also i can recall , seeing somewhere , a story about a research team , figuring out that , each letter of the Hebrew language , was really a whole word , they applied this to the bible and it told a whole different story . something like that , it's been so long i wish i could recall what i had read

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

I have not studied that at all. I can't even comment except to say I will be observing to see what others know about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have the Bible Code program. It has the KJV OT, KJV NT, Greek NT, Hebrew OT, Moby Dick, and War and Peace. Those last two are so you compare your finds with the classics. I haven't tried the other language versions. I just play around in the KJB. I am still confused by the math involved it in. It seems to have many layers that compound in ways that are over my head. I think it's very interesting. I have found my name and other facts perinenant to my family and my life in one small section. There is not way for me to calculate the odds of finding it in my favorite book in the chapter that represent my b'd and birth month. I also found Obama in the center of Revelation 13. Just a bit of info you can take or leave.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Bible Code:

The Numerical Structure of DNA: How Gen 1.1, Deut 6.4 & John 1.1 Are Encoded in DNA,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The simple structure of the Hebrew language lends itself perfectly to the brazen scam known as the 'Bible Code'; where one may re-enact Genesis & create something out of nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have the Bible Code program and a couple of books about it. The idea is that a lot of prophecy is coded into the Torah and that words can be derived from it in sideways, backwards, and other ways much like a puzzle in a magazine where you try to find words in a block of letters. There are examples in the books.

Here's one of the books right here with hundreds of reviews.

I can't get the program to work myself. Not only can I not find anything original in it, I can't make the program produce the examples in the books. My conclusion is that the concept is not valid. I can't replicate it at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The subject of whether or not there really is a code hidden in the bible has always been interesting to me as well. Some groups use the entire bible to search for codes, but Jews only use the first five books of the bible - the Torah. Michael Drosnin, one researcher in bible code phenomena, has written some books on his bible code research if you are interested. Drosnin believes that just because the code is there, we (as individuals) still have free will and choice, but that the code is merely pointing out possible outcomes. Also, there are many websites containing software which can be purchased so people can attempt to find code in the bible about themselves. From what I have experienced, the programs are complicated to get started with and require substantial time to invest into the search.

Skeptics state that any "word patterns" found in the bible are not really a "hidden code" but are rather just words which appear to make sense inadvertantly. Another point they make is that since there are so many words in the bible to begin with, probability is that word sequences could appear. However, there have been some (supposed) word groupings found about world events that have came true. So personally, I think it's very interesting and possible that there could be a hidden code in the bible.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

That's interesting knowing you found some things about your family! How did you know where to start looking - did the software lead you in the right direction? It's been a few years ago when I really wanted to try and find something, but as you stated in your post - it's very mathmatical getting started so it seemed too complicated to me. I may look into again sometime though just to see if it is any easier now that I'm older and a little more patient

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I'm pretty sure that you are referring to these guys:

www.thechronicleproject.org...

Their research is interesting to say the least

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SickeningTruths
( Please do not Bash ) Every one is welcome to post there ideas, prospective, and beliefs.

I was flipping through the channels the other day when I came across "the christian channel" and saw "The Bible Code". That was enough to get my attention for quite some time..

For those who do not know what "The Bible Code" is. (and this is just as I understand it, not to be quoted)
Only refers to the Hebrew Bible, The Torah. Its said that the secrets of life are within those texts written in Hebrew. I have heard Scholars say that "it seems as if the Hebrew language/alphabet was designed specifically for master coding".

The Idea is, (for example) if you took the first letter of every word, or every paragraph or whatever, at the end of the book you will have a hidden message. i guess? i dunno..

Have been studying els skips and bible code for some time now..nearly a decade and there are many researchers out there who've been going at it for 20+ years..not a new phenomenon....what is..is people taking it 'literally' and reinterpreting data to suit themselves.

Ironically Ron Paul appears in the codes " Ron Paul - a reservoir of cleanness". " Is good".

exodus-codes.com...

Its interesting..and given the often predictive nature of the codes revealed to date, its surprising too..however given they've found similar 'hidden codes' in everything from Tom Sawyer to Jungle Book..you do need to keep it in perspective.

cheers

Rosha

edit on 5-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthJava

I looked for my last name. I am an only child, so when I found it showing up three times in one block, it caught my attention. That little block says "father (plain text), mother, me, my married name, two sons, two old loves with void, and attaches mild to my mother, which is quite appropriate for her. It also says 'time, soon." I hope the Lord does return soon, but will have to wait and see. And those are only the things that are consecutive letters. I can't even begin to look for other skip counting words.
I thought it was quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Isaac Newton believed in bible codes, this has been discussed on ATS before.

Newtons analytic skills were among the best in the world at the time so I'm sure there are a lot of things that are beyond our limited recognition.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
The Bible Code:

The Numerical Structure of DNA: How Gen 1.1, Deut 6.4 & John 1.1 Are Encoded in DNA,

One of my favorite threads of all time.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

the source i looked at was based out of Israel, and they had all the text in pdf that you could view , where they applied their new translations , this site does not look like the one i recall ,but i will indeed , have a look , and thanks for the link

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I own and have read multiple times a couple books about this subject. It is proven that the authors of later books of the Bible did use the Atbash Cipher to encrypt and encode information in the Bible. Fascinating subject matter in my opinion.

I believe in the Bible Code(s) very much. Some very trusted Rabbi once said many many years ago: "Everything that has happened, is happening, or ever will happen is encoded and encrypted into the Torah."

I think everything is encrypted and encoded myself.

Not only in Hebrew.... and even from the beginning...

I mean they were reportedly NUDE in the Garden of EDUN.

And ... MAN was created for the purpose of NAMing things in that garden.

Sometimes I wonder what the Bible book thingy would say if we applied all the verses we could apply to the verses of the Bible book thingy then what would that Bible book thingy say?
edit on 5-6-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Careful, there is a GREAT disinfo structure about today to discredit the codes from the same folks who discovered them to begin with. The Jews. They found the Name "Yeshua" plastered from one page to the other from the front to the back and now they spend an absurd amount of money to discredit the codes.

A great series to listen to is "Cosmic Codes" on YouTube, I read the book amd suggest that instead, but most people can just click the video.

edit on 5-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I prefer

www.biblecodedigest.com...

is the most reliable; most scholarly; best statistically; most robust site on the topic.

I don't think much of Drosnin or his books.

ONE NEEDS TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE LENGTH of a code.

The last I checked, the current state of the art and science is that a code must be at least 30 characters long to be well beyond chance statistically--to have occurred by some other cause than chance.

Most popularized code nonsense deals in rather short codes which are likely enough by chance alone.

When a code gets up beyond 30 characters, then the statistic probabilities that such occurred by chance alone are tooooo astronomical to make the least sense.

There's several articles at the above site documenting that by very robust mathematical scholars.

There were a couple of mathemeticians who went to great length to trash the Bible codes. It turned out, they actually lied. They falsefied their own research, cooked the books . . . lied, brazenly lied. And when caught in it, they didn't confess and take the high road, they just got nastier, IIRC.

Most of the codes read like some of the prophecies in the surface text of the Bible--cryptic, mystifying etc. UNTIL AFTER the prophecy is fulfilled--when the predictive Scripture is suddenly abundantly clear.

It's as though someone said in a sober-faced prophecy in August before 9/11:

Within a month, the two large chopsticks
Will crumble to massive clouds of dust
Poisoning thousands to death
To the glee of the perpetrators.

No one would connect that to the twin towers until after the fact.

Many Bible codes are even more cryptic and mystifying than that--until after the fact.

I know a Bible code predicted that Netanyahu would be Prime minister twice. And, he was told about the code. The same code also predicted an assassination attempt during his 2nd term, IIRC. He was told about that, too. I don't recall if it was a long code well beyond statistical chance, or not.

There are some code arrangements that are made up of 1-3 dozen very short codes. The short codes in and of themselves are not statistically significant.

However, when one sees their arrangement--such as in a Cross or other beautiful geometric arrangement . . . clearly something else is going on. When the central, overriding code is about the same topic that the main surface Scripture it crosses, that adds to the significance. Then, when the 8-12 or so additional short codes around the main central ones also add bits to the main theme . . . it gets more interesting, still--statistically and otherwise.

I encourage folks seriously interested in the topic to read several of the articles at the above link.

There's plenty of scientific documentation on the validity of the long codes. And there's some VERY LONG codes.

Also, it turns out, that a statistical analysis of Genesis reveals that the character distribution and language of Genesis is unlike ANY other text in significant ways. There's clearly several layers of mystery involved in Genesis.

The Pentetuch may also have some extra umph on such scores, compared to the rest of the Old Testament.

Interestingly, there's also plenty of Messianic codes WHICH PERSISTENTLY cross the Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. That's statistically quite significant.

Anyway--I think it's worth some prayerful consideration. However, the art and science are in their infancy. Most scholars don't think they are at all useful in terms of prediction. But primarily are useful as a kind of supernatural authentication of the text as God's Word.

And, to note after the fact, that it was found first in the codes.

Some prissy Christians rant against the codes saying it's occultish etc. That's UTTER NONSENSE. The codes are INHERENT IN THE TEXT OF THE WORD OF GOD. The codes are inseparable from the Holy Writ. One cannot have one without the other. There's NO WAY Holy Spirit or The Son or The Father would have allowed satan anywhere near influencing the Scriptures--the Word of God. IT's just an irrational claim.

Some also get prissy saying it's numerology. More utter nonsense. Numerology is ascribing magical powers and influences to certain numbers or number sequences. There's nothing at all like that involving the codes.

And, of course, the naysayers can't tolerate anything which smacks of the supernatural--particularly if it is anything to do with the Judeo/Christian perspective on the cosmos and reality.

Sigh.

Anyway--please study it out on you own before assuming too much. I think it's worth some time before forming a strong opinion.

Blessings to all who earnestly seek God and HIS TRUTH.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I still think Drosnin's books are dreadful in terms of their scholarship etc. They did popularize the topic but most of his codes are too short to be very reliable.

It is true that shorter codes MAY be real codes but there's no statistical confirmation of that. Short codes can readily occur by chance and so cannot be taken very seriously without other aspects causing them to stand out.

It is interesting and a bit more robust statistically when a short code on a topic crosses the surface text verse about that very topic--such as about the AntiChrist or 2nd Coming etc.

And, a cluster of short codes with one or several crossing surface text on the same topic or a related aspect of the same topic, in a rather confined 'space' can be demonstrated to be statistically significant and well beyond chance.

Also, the prophetic aspect is greatly downplayed by most of the best scholars.

The codes are usually too cryptic to make much sense until after the fact in terms of prophetic value.

Sometimes the code seem to be from the stand point of A PERSPECTIVE of one side or the other in a situation--even from satan's side. Or they can be about a deception but not overtly clearly so. It can be very tricky to discern when a code is voicing a deceptive perspective from satan's camp about a future event vs a warning from God about a future event.

Usually God is quite starkly GOD-SOUNDING--HE SOUNDS LIKE GOD--EVEN IN A CRYPTIC CODE.

Nevertheless, some of the "voices" or "perspectives" a given code seems to be speaking from can be very hard to interpret until after the fact.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The solution to the Bible code is this....

Replace the following phrases for 'VOLCANO'...

Fiery mountain

Holy mountain

Mountain of Fire

Most High

My Rock

and the riddle will be solved.

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join