It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Liverpool UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Google keeps directing me here and I end up spending hours reading random threads so today I thought I'd join and say hello.

I'm a keen amateur Astronomer/Photographer, Fine Art graduate and fascinated by military technology. I don't know about: Santa / 2012 / UFO's / New World Order / Moon Landings etc. I do know however that I want the truth. As a middle aged, male, white, Anglo Saxon, "protestant" I probably meet the stereotype but I'm a friendly chap who just stumbled in. The diversity of topics here is great and although I have my own belief systems I respect the right for others to have theirs.

I hope I can contribute constructively and share some of the knowledge I've gleaned over the years (Grey/Gray is the most expensive paint). So... That's me, Hello.

p.s. No, I'm not getting up at 4:30am to watch the transit of Venus. From here the transit will end when the Sun is only a few degrees above the horizon. For the 2004 transit I did a "Sidewalk Astronomy" stunt. At times there was a queue.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cassegrain140

Welcome to the wildest ride on the web.....buckle up...and enjoy....

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Welcome to the Terror Dome. Please watch out for zombies, serial killers and other undesirables but please do enjoy your stay.

You have piqued my curiosity. Why is gray paint the most expensive?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassegrain140
I do know however that I want the truth

Welll you've come to the right place. Everyone here tells the truth. Just some are more believable than others .

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Welcome, as you already know the night sky is a popular topic on these here boards so you should have plenty to do.

Just one question, when did they get the internet in Scouseland?

Just kidding, welcome again!
edit on 5/6/2012 by ThorsBrother because: ETA

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. If you dont want to wait to see it. it is going on right now in the US and you can watch a live stream of it.

Live Stream of Transit

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Welcome cassegrain...

Usually I would make a comment belittling the Reds, but a few of your locals gave Joey Barton a rough time the other night...

Great intro and look forward to your posts. Cya on the boards...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Cheers guys!

Why is gray paint the most expensive?

The inside of fighter jet cockpits are painted with totally neutral grey paint so "simultaneous contrast" doesn't effect the pilots colour perception/recognition. It's why surgical stuff is green (the opposite of red/blood), otherwise the surgeon will get a migraine

As for Mr Barton, well... I'd get beaten up there if I waited around long enough.
Football? "C'mon Marine!" .

p.s. I type slowly.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Me too.......Liverpool .

Me too....... Looking for the truth.

Great site with some clever people and great researchers !
I think most people get hooked after they've visited ATS a few times, there's so many topics.

Reds supporter myself but I think even Marine would give them a tough game nowadays.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Haha, yes google kept bringing me here to. Crazy place. Welcome & enjoy

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
Reds supporter myself but I think even Marine would give them a tough game nowadays.

Not really a football fan, I just say Marine to people to keep out of the Red/Blue debate. Usually works quite well: I say Marine, get told to stand in the corner and the debate continues. Win.

I've been researching some local stuff and there's usually a grain of truth in schoolboy urban myths. The top secret underground nuclear bunkers near our school were most probably nearby ROC posts. The Williamson Tunnels do exist although no ones still sure why they were built.

Anyway, again cheers.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Welcome Scouser.
BTW who's laptop did you steal ???

Only kidding .

A Manc

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Welcome cassegrain140

Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Just thought I'd pop into the thread to say hello to you, I've only just joined myself, a friend recommended it - although I can't find her on here

I was born in Liverpool Cassie! So hello fellow scouser

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by cassegrain140
I do know however that I want the truth

Welll you've come to the right place. Everyone here tells the truth. Just some are more believable than others .

Welcome to ATS.

On the contrary.. Hearing everyones opinion, made me more unsure than ever.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hooray for people who are named after food. (how many posts is that now?)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeric
Hooray for people who are named after food.

Yes, Hooray! If you are referring to my username it's a type of telescope.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyree

Apparently I'm not a proper scouser as I'm not into footie and didn't steal my laptop.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Welcome mate,I cant stand football myself,
I'm in the same city as you and have always been a sky watcher.
You never know we may meet up one day?

jml

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Welcome, a fellow Mersey-sider

Have fun here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join