It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skin pain, sunburned feeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
3 days ago I got this feeling of my skin being sunburned,, but I did not lie in the sun and my skin looks completely normal, not red or anything. It's on the right side of my abdomen and back, and on my right arm and hand. It especially hurts when I wear clothing.
Does anyone know what this could be?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ask your doctor (if you can) about Shingles

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It almost sounds like shingles.

The first symptom of shingles is often extreme sensitivity or pain in a broad band on one side of the body (see Figure 1 for an example of dermatomes (areas were individual nerves from the spine function). The sensation can be itching, tingling, burning, constant aching, or a deep, shooting, or "lightning bolt" pain.

www.emedicinehealth.com...

Have you ever had chickenpox?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ditto, shingles was my very first thought.

No matter how bad it gets, be very grateful for its location. My husband got shingles all over his backside and scrotum. Lasted for months; it was horrible! Not to mention there was NO sex life for a while. Ugh.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Nope, never had chickenpox.
And I've red about shingles, but I my skin is not red and I don't have any blisters.. my skin looks just normal, but it really feels sunburned

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

The rash takes a while to come on (a week or two). Hopefully that is NOT what it is. Note that chickenpox vaccines have actually created an epidemic of shingles:

Nature has devised an elegant plan for protecting you from the shingles virus.

After contracting and recovering from chickenpox (usually as a child), as you age, your natural immunity gets asymptomatically "boosted" by coming into contact with infected children, who are recovering from chickenpox. This natural "boosting" of natural immunity to the varicella (chickenpox) virus helps protect you from getting shingles later in life.

This is true whether you are a child, adolescent, young adult, or elderly—every time you come into contact with someone infected with chickenpox, you get a natural "booster shot" that protects you from a painful—and expensive—bout with shingles.

In other words, shingles can be prevented by ordinary contact, such as receiving a hug from a grandchild who is getting or recovering from the chickenpox. But with the advent of the chickenpox vaccine, there is less chickenpox around to provide that natural immune boost for children AND adults.

So as chickenpox rates have declined, shingles rates have begun to rise, and there is mounting evidence that an epidemic of shingles is developing in America from the mass, mandatory use of the chickenpox vaccine by all children.

As hard as scientists try to come up with ways to "improve" human biology, they just can't outsmart Mother Nature.. In trying to tinker with the natural order of things, we tend to destroy processes that nature has masterfully orchestrated to keep us healthy.

This dance between chickenpox and shingles is a perfect example.

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just getting over a bout of Shingles right now. been about 5 weeks. Started out with same pain, same place. From my spine around my right rib cage. Didn't get much rash, only light redness for a few days. only 3-4 blisters the whole time. The one thing i did get was the pain. Ask anyone who has had it before, your in for a terrible ride.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KeylessChuck

Ah that does not sound good, the pain has gotten worser now and it's has dropped to my right upper butt cheek and to my right thigh, and it's also on my right arm & shoulder, but I have still no sign of any rash.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yup, sounds like shingles.

You don't have to get a rash. I'm positive I had shingles last winter, no rash but all the other symptoms were there. It should go in a few days. I think mine came back after a couple of weeks too, then died down again. I didn't visit the docs but am convinced it's what I had. It was like having neuralgia in the body instead of the face.

Take care.
edit on 6-6-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join