It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million Dollar 'Doomsday-proof' Apartments!! Already Sold out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Want to sit out the Apocalypse in style? Bad luck - all the $1 million luxury apartments in Kansas's 'Doomsday-proof' block have sold

Source

It has been billed as the most luxurious way to sit out the apocalypse - and now all the $1 million apartments in an abandoned missile silo in Kansas have sold out.

Perhaps the buyers on the waiting list know something we don't.

The luxurious condos come with all the mod-cons, as well as a pool, a movie theater and a library - oh, and a guarantee that it will survive Doomsday if and when that fateful day comes

- From the article

A Million buckaroos for a 'doomsday-proof- apartment eh?! Seems reasonable i guess?! lol

It does have some cool features though! A pool, movie theatre and a library. Also, there is a farm inside that they say can provide fish and veggies for up to 70 people indefinitely! AND, a guarantee that it will survive doomsday if/when it comes!

Of course thats seems like an easy statement to make.. Either it'll work and protect you from doomsday, or it won;t and then it won;t matter about the guarantee cause everyone will be toast anyways!

For these luxury flats, deep below the Kansas prairie in the shaft of an abandoned missile silo, are meant to withstand everything from economic collapse and solar flares to terrorist attacks and pandemics.

Thoughts?!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ahh so this is what they are

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics),

but these ones from the pic are probably Billion Dollars apartments
the elites can certainly afford them at anytime

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Awesome! But I don't think it could withstand certain events. Radiation fallout yes, but what about an earthquake or volcanic event that changes the geological structure of the ground it's embedded in?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Haha! Thanks op that's a great story to bring to the forum. I would love for someone to hack in to the estate agent who sold those properties database and give us some names.

I do also look at these 'disaster proof' accommodation and instantly wonder. Ok it has space for fish and cattle etc, but if shtf tomorrow and you need to rush there quickly, whose bringing these cows n sheep n fishies to the party. Same with the cinema, did they equip it with the latest releases, Classic movies? I hope they didnt let someone with an evil sense of humor choose the films, cos it could be a pretty grim wait watching a selection of the worst disaster movies around.

Also when I hear that people are rushing to buy doomsday safety, I do wonder to myself, is doomsday coming? Or is it just that TPTB succeeded in creating mass fear and paranoia?

Rice n peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My biggest concern would be that some general in Russia or China will say "those Americans aren't fooling me, I saw them working on that silo, nuke it too, just to be sure"

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

My biggest concern would be that some general in Russia or China will say "those Americans aren't fooling me, I saw them working on that silo, nuke it too, just to be sure"
reply to post by rbnhd76

I couldn't agree more. I'm sure the Rothschild bunker is a well kept secret, which leads me to conclude that the property owners are rich paranoid no-bodies that are buying on a whim.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
1 million!!!!!!!

In real estate terms thats bugger all, this is a gimmick and it aint gonna keep anything safe.
Better off finding an out of the way cave if you ask me

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If there's going to be a huge disaster one of the biggest threats will be humans. How are they prepared for that? Of course they wouldn't tell about it thought... just a thought.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
After airing on the show, and the price, he'll be selling out on those faster than he can build them.

When people spend $50,000 on their kids 13th birthday party like many of the Jewish, or others spend even more on their kids 'sweet 16', $1M on a bunker insurance policy is nothing.

I've set up equipment at some of these events as an old job. We even set up at one where they rented the Raymond James football stadium, home of the "Buc's", including the field and the 'pirate ship' (for some horse racing jumping event on the field they also hired), for a 13 year olds birthday party. The kids literally destroyed half the equipment they rented from us, and were pegging the hired security guards with food from 100's of feet across huge indoor area where the actual festivities were held. Not suprisingly, the kids ran 'buc' wild and the parents let them. Renting the Tampa Bay football stadium for your birthday isn't going to overblow a punkarse kids ego no way.

Anyways, on Doomsday Preppers I was surprised he hadn't already been sold out he's been working on that project for years now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder how the "Doomsday proof" apartments will deal with virus's, microbes, bacteria, and other biologicals that will accompany any shtf event. An inclosed space will be a prime breeding ground for nasty bugs and will turn those apartments into a very expensive grave.

But I have to admit it's a perfect scam for a developer that wants to cash in on the fear and paranoia that has so taken over Americans. I'll bet the Developer has a condo in Cabo and just laughs and laughs at the gullible people he fleeced for the mil.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Doomsday "PROOF".
Let's discuss the word "PROOF", apparently it does not mean the same thing in my world as it does in the world of the fools buying into this mass grave.
Bunkerbuster, virus, earthquake.
These are off the top of my head and not all are from the same threat arena.
I suggest the maker of this mass grave will need to rethink.

edit on 5-6-2012 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
guess pyramids are passe as the grave of choice for the money crowd ... nice fancy grave ...

new topics

top topics

join