It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Machine - CIA Information Gathering Tool!? (Facebook Conspiracy) (ATS FAILED)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Facebook Machine - CIA Information Gathering Tool!? (Facebook Conspiracy)

It is not the first time somebody was talking about the Facebook being a tool of the elite to gather information and spy on its citizens.
But I think we should talk more about it.
Facebook is gaining popularity and millions of people are using it.

While ATS is full of topics discussing coming "end of the world" (hoax) there is no real talk about what's really happening.
Actually, the website and forum which claims to have many bright and AWAKE members is buying into a BS story about the end of the world along some other MM propaganda stories to avert the attention of the general population.

when I open ATS I see people talking about what NEWS told them.
YES, you are trying to see things from a different angle but you're still looking into things THEY told you to look.

disappointing.

(if this turned into rant please move to appropriate section, thank you)

Facebook - the CIA conspiracy

Facebook Machine - CIA Information Gathering Tool!?

Do you think the growing popularity of Facebook Machine is merely a coincidence? Facebook - The Machine as I like to call it is an information gathering tool and it is a very simple device.

Don't believe in conspiracy theories? Read this about Facebook Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Nope, the idea has not slipped past ATS members...
The idea is quite old actually...
Facebook a CIA front? (2007)
Facebook monitored by CIA
CIA admits monitoring Facebook

and on the funnier side:
Facebook CIA Project

And many more similiar threads, ideas and topics. Very few conspiracies go unnoticed by ATSers, so I wouldn't say "ATS FAILED".

edit on 5-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: WW

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

We'll it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out facebook was used for gathering data and marketing from the get go. I mean they know our demographics, our gender, what movies we like, what music we listen to, our political interests...etc. I just think the word Elite is inappropriate in this thread, replace it with governments, multi-national companies and the C.I.A.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i thought this was a general consensus and why no one really bothered talking about it i mean why eles would there be so much money involved, government agencies paying off zuckerman by completely hyping his "product" to boost ipo and stocks and shares so he can make bank because there's a long line of "social networks" who have come and gone and FB isn't any better so why all the hype and Un-Godly amounts of money involved? cia.. fbi... etc..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't know, I still feel there is too much talk about 2012, Nibiru, Iran, Syria and Flu Pandemics while ATS members focus lees on Monsanto, Facebook, Google, Pharmaceutical Companies...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

know this for years and ats wasn't the reason why but many many post have talked about this

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
As Gemwolf pointed out, it hasn't slipped passed our members. We just don't see a reason to make another Facebook thread until there is significant new information that hasn't been gleaned, or that will change our perspective.

Like me, you're still young on ATS. I have spent hours going through OLD threads. Very little gets overlooked by the members of this site. The moment you think you have something no one has ever considered, you usually find someone has. And usually years ago.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I said in another thread, the only reason I have facebook is I take the juiciest news links and plaster my wall with all the good info they don't want you to know, My way of giving them virtual middle fingers lol

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The only people that are truly 'awake' are those that don't watch t.v. I'm not sure why people...that think they know something about something...also believe television has no effect on their brain. You may know 9-11 was an "inside job", but you're still under hypnosis. How do i know? You sound just like everyone else. Heck, some of you still vote; knowing the game is rigged. You actually believe Ron Paul has a chance. (Slaps forehead)

There is no such thing as: Casual Television. It's a programming device.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seiva7
I don't know, I still feel there is too much talk about 2012, Nibiru, Iran, Syria and Flu Pandemics while ATS members focus lees on Monsanto, Facebook, Google, Pharmaceutical Companies...

OP, I think we can multitask just fine, thanks.
Everyone, let's drop everything and focus all our attention to FB.

This is OLD news.

PS: If you really want to do something about, well...? What should we do?
Maybe we should put false information all over our FB profiles if we have one. Just load it with a bunch of disinfo for them to sift through. And every week or so change it. change where you live, your job. LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

it wasn't only facebook that I mentioned.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

when I open ATS I see people talking about what NEWS told them.

Man, you read through all the threads and posts pretty fast in a day.

From the ATS stats page as of this post...

Content Information:

So you mean to say that all of those members whom posted in all of those posts were just regurgitating what is already being reported in the MSM?

I guess it's time for me to find a new alternative news website or even better, just start watching TV again

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

not everyone but a significant number.
sadly.

top topics

join