It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last of Us...I can't...no words can explain...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
AMAZING!! FRKN AMAZING!! No health regen, low ammo. The gameplay is fluid and smooth. This game is absolutely amazing.
Check out the gameplay below!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

It certainly looks like some nice Post-SHTF themed mindless violence. A little escapism?

Disclosure: I did play Postal, where you had to sneak up behind people and then pull plastic bags over their heads and suffocate them. Thief also, but thats an oldie and I wasn't any good at it anyway. Fun for a while, but it gets samey. Hopefully this one is a little more refined.
edit on 4/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Disclosure

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I never played the first, but I don't believe you could do that in Postal. I think you're referring to Manhunt, where you had to sneak around, performing all sorts of brutal stealth kills, in order to please some sick rich person. If you succeed, you get to live. Was amusing at first, but halfway through, I just couldn't play it anymore. I love stealth games, but that game was a bit much.

The game above looks to be pretty amusing, I really can't wait for it to come out. The gameplay looks like it'll be great, but I want to see more of it in action because I make a purchase. I'm loving an actual health bar again, so sick of the "Rest and heal" games that have been out lately.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Necrobile

Ah, I think you are indeed correct about Manhunt. I've played quite a few games over the years and I get the names a bit muddled.
I probably played Postal too, if it was a PC game. The Last of Us does indeed look good but I need a new PC first. Could be a while...

*mumbles something about 2001*

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think I may have to buy a PS3 just for this game. Looks pretty awesome.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Is it on PC?
I'll buy a gaming system when they can make one that doesn't break after a few months of using it.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The fluid cutscenes and awesome graphics reminds me of Uncharted 3.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Is it on PC?
I'll buy a gaming system when they can make one that doesn't break after a few months of using it.

Ps3 exclusive.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

The fluid cutscenes and awesome graphics reminds me of Uncharted 3.

The creators of Uncharted 3 is producing this game.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Anything from Naughty Dog kicks Arse. This definitely has Uncharted written all over it but everything seems better. Doesn't seem like as much platforming from object to object like Uncharted which is okay by me. This is a must in my gaming library.

Just found this:
Warning has Explicit wording.

I also can't help but think the girl in the game who is named "Ellie" is modeled after actress Ellen Page.

Ellie

Ellen Page

edit on 4-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ultimate bummer, I remember seeing this ages ago when it was still just a sort of trailer that ended with a BBC clip about those ants that get infected with that zombie virus (where it makes them climb up high into a tree and stay there until they are dead)...

playstation exclusive.... bloomin console kids..

new topics

top topics

join