It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking a Friend for the End of The World???? Really? do we need this movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
focusfeatures.com...

Either we're getting primed up for something and making us numb to it when it comes, or Hollywood is doing a lot of poking fun of the situation. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yup! Weird movie indeed. But like you said we might be getting fed these kind of movies so in the end they can say "But we warned you. Didnt you watch our films on the subject? "

edit on 4-6-2012 by Taino because: ???!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hollywood is obviously just taking advantage of all the "end of the world" hype.
Why not? it's making them millions of $$$$.
Besides that, Steve Carell is pretty funny. Atleast in the office.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A lot of End of the World movies, along with Alien movies. They are definitely getting humans ready for something.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, it is hardly something new. The only reason movies like these are extra "in" right now, is because of the 2012-hype, that is fed by a bunch of doomtalk, which in turn, is inspiring moviemakers, which in their turn, further inspires the doomers back in an ever-evolving loop.

As for the content of the movie, that is probably how a lot of people would do, trying to fix things while there is time and most likely also wanting to find someone to share the end with.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Yeah.. It's called "summer blockbuster season".

PROMETHEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is it people...
The end is near and they have been telling us all along.
Remember independance day?
Armageddon?
2012?

They've been telling us since a while now, and we just throw it out as being JUST movies.
All the riches will be taking off earth, to either go to the moon or mars.

I'm sorry people but the end is near, we all should find a friend/loved one to share this ultimate moment with.

Peace and not worry, we all shall ascend together united as one

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Not to mention the old goodies such as Omega Man, Fume, On The Beach, Miracle Mile, Survivors, Planet of the Apes, The Bodysnatchers and many other End-movies decades ago.
Seems "someone" have been "warning" people for several decades now.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
A lot of End of the World movies, along with Alien movies. They are definitely getting humans ready for something.

Yup, they're definitely getting people ready to spend some more cash...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

They're trying to push the idea the world is going to end and so it will (if we allow it.) I really can't believe some of you guys are falling for it. It's meant you make wait idly by while the last bits of the plan is placed and then there goes humanity because some wishful people thought life was a bag of goodies. Is it hard to understand? Do you actually think what you know is the truth or near it? All I can say is good luck, it takes balls to sit and do absolutely nothing waiting for something you think is going to change life for the better to happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyFever
focusfeatures.com...

Either we're getting primed up for something and making us numb to it when it comes, or Hollywood is doing a lot of poking fun of the situation. What do you think?

Research has shown there is a growing market for doom&gloom.....gotta catch that train!!

War, sex, doom and anything with an apple-logo sells!!

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

Actually, that was a joke, you know... Sarcasm
But, like someone said, the hype makes a lot of cash, as is the reason for,well, anything that is done by man. To make a lot of cash!!

Sorry for the one who agreed with me, I was messing around...
Someone who believes in the end of the world cannot find a single thing corroborating the claim, and that's a fact

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories make good stories, even if a lot of them are implausible. In fact, I bet these Hollywood writers often end up looking around sites like ATS for inspiration. It's just a shame they're all such god-awful films.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless

They're trying to push the idea the world is going to end and so it will (if we allow it.) I really can't believe some of you guys are falling for it.
Nonsense. Regardless of whether or not you think it will, the 'World' is not going to end.

It's meant you make wait idly by while the last bits of the plan is placed and then there goes humanity because some wishful people thought life was a bag of goodies.
There is no such plan.

Is it hard to understand? Do you actually think what you know is the truth or near it?
Apparently you have been led to believe that you know. So do you think that you are the only one whom knows the ultimate truths?

[color=FFCB3B]It is for entertainment. That is all. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just entertainment.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Exactly. Capitalism at its finest.
As an amateur writer, I often daydreamed of the end of the world and the weeks leading up to it, and how society would handle this kind of news. This movie is a culmination of what I'd often imagined.

Its not TPTB giving us warnings. It's just a clever writer who had his/her story turned into a movie. We are probably going to see at least 15 more movies,/ TV shows with the same basic plot over the next five years.

P.S.
Queensryche is awesome.
edit on 4-6-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Idk.. it looks like it is going to be a funny movie~~ I personally don't care about the topic if it makes me laugh.. Hollywood is so hit-and-miss it kinda needs to keep pumping them out just to score every now and then.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If this is all to get us ready for the end of the world or some alien invasion then what was Hollywood trying to get us ready for in the past? Was the 90s about getting us ready to date Meg Ryan?

Hollywood is reactionary to public desires in cinema. Movies about aliens have been a big draw since the 1950s, and there were a lot more movies about them back then too. Disaster films had their time in the sun in the 1970s. "Earthquake," "Towering Inferno," "Airport," any of these ringing any bells?

There was not a massive volcanic eruption on the American West Coast after "Volcano" and "Dante's Inferno" came out in the same summer.

Relax, this is all just about the movie companies trying to fill seats at the local cinema.

top topics

join