It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America Was A Person What Would They Be Like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Both of us posted on 4-6-2012 @ 12:56 PM

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have rare footage of either Neo or Slayer.

Dunno which. When he was a cop in San Fransisco.

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

America, as a person, is flawed. Just like any person. Just like every person.

I agree.

We have a communist ranga from Wales running Australia.

We know she wasnt born here
And we are doing things far from perfect lately.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
reply to post by Perhaps

www.youtube.com...

Krusty?
edit on 4-6-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: I missed the insult to israel part. BTW, God bless Israel, and all her allies. This is purely intended for humor, not to insult any people. It's more of "America's take" so to speak from the Simpsons, one of our institutions.

Ha! I was thinking of Krusty when I wrote that.

America needs a Comeback Special.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
IF America was a person it would be Eastwood saying "Get off my lawn".

Second.

Ha!

America is a bit like Clint hey. Grand Torino style.

Or Unforgiven. The end of that movie is the best.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Deserves got nothin to do with it.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I'll see your Eastwood and raise.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hey Germanicus...

If America was a Person and China started talking smack...

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ha!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If America were a person, she'd be the most popular girl who is always invited to the party, but whom everyone secretly hates.

She'd be elected Homecoming Queen, but the majority of the audience hopes she trips on her way up the stage.

America would look like an average soccer mom; few extra pounds but no time for the gym.

America would know where everyone's keys, shoes, homework papers, and projects could be found at any given moment.

America's house needs a good scrubbing, but most everything is in its place.

America didn't comb her hair today, and some of her clothes are starting to look threadbare. But she's to busy using her telescope to spy on the neighbors to notice.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Perhaps

www.youtube.com...

Krusty?
edit on 4-6-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: I missed the insult to israel part. BTW, God bless Israel, and all her allies. This is purely intended for humor, not to insult any people. It's more of "America's take" so to speak from the Simpsons, one of our institutions.

Ha

Hey, good choice dude

Just has to brush up on his hebrew and he'll do fine.

....and oi, have a skippy stamp for your edit

edit on 4-6-2012 by Perhaps because: possibly

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

1 come back special coming up. Would you like aid with that? ^.~

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

1 come back special coming up. Would you like aid with that? ^.~

Ha! No thanks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.marxists.org...
www.la.org.au...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Bravo!! One of the best entertaining threads I have read in a long time. Very cool thread. Just posting a flag and star was not enough so had to post this little message.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Gregarious, class conscious, friendly but afraid, eye-contact staring, siddle up to you to sell you a watch and invite you out for a beer while insisting you come to church on Sunday with them then watch the game and talk about how much they hate going to church on Sunday.

Americans stare. I don't know if you guys know that you stare, but you do.

Do Russians next. It just about kills me to stand still when Russians (or other ex-soviet states) stand 2 inches from my face and excitedly talk to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

I stare sometimes.

I'm an avid people watcher.
Where I live there are people from all over the world [Literally] just recently I was visiting a friend in the hospital she had a room on the 5th floor, I wanted some coffee so I took the elevator to the third floor where the hospital provides coffee in the waiting room, but it was temporarily taken over by a Filipino prayer group. I stopped and "Watched" for a few seconds, it was very interesting then continuing with my search for caffeine I hopped back on the elevator and rode it down to the 2nd floor waiting room.

As I exited I saw a family of Greek Orthodox receiving condolence from a Priest. I respectfully walked passed them to the waiting room where I met a chap from London who had just lost his wife. Had I not taken a few seconds and noticed him in the corner he would have been all alone.

I'm a people watcher. Some call it staring

edit on 5-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: Spelling, Note: Still needs coffee..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm a people watcher too, but that's not exactly what I mean. Mind I've become very good at not being obvous about it because people will approach me and try to keep me there at the slightest opportunity, and sustained eye contact is an invitation for them to cross the street and come tell me about their life.
Though it does give you the opportunity to give someone who needs it a moment of knowing they aren't alone like that poor guy.

This is one of those small cultural differences between Canadians and Americans that Canadians tend to notice after a couple of days of being obscurely disturbed by some difference they can't quite put their finger on. Its an unexpected accumulating culture shock.

Americans just continue to look at people and make eye contact all the time and keep it. Canadians (in urban centers at least) seem to have picked up a small amount of the Asian eye-contact thing as part of the personal space / politeness thing. Eye sliding. People watching only making momentary eye contact.

It became really obvious for me when I was taking the bus in Washington. Just over the border, and yet the people (particularly guys) would just grab eye contact and keep it or try to keep it. A subtle subtle difference in eye contact rules, but in some way profound about basic cultural character.

(sorry to hear your friend is in the hospital.)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Americans just continue to look at people and make eye contact all the time and keep it. Canadians (in urban centers at least) seem to have picked up a small amount of the Asian eye-contact thing as part of the personal space / politeness thing. Eye sliding. People watching only making momentary eye contact.

To most Americans the "Eye sliding" gives the impression of deceit or not liking somebody or as if they are more comfortable living in their introverted shells. Most Americans of Asian descent seem to no longer hold to those old ways.

Which brings up the possibility of a small percentage in this situation that since there are so many Americans of descents from all over the world that no longer carry those old country cultural habits that when some Americans do come in contact with somebody recently arrived they make the assumption they are just like the rest of us?

edit on 5-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join