It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we may be nearing a critical junction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Pops, it sounds like your having a CVA with expressive aphasia

explanation.. No stroke.
I don't even remember except it was
to be a code to someonething

I was sleep typing on the keyboard
edit on 3-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So basically, women are keeping us stupid.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Nor followup with up bto was wha i read is that setime
sould love and the jews will notbe/
plan iran is thead thrsat wot inderynoe
it id goo lsade. Like a a courthose
like a cigaartue
edit on 3-6-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Gooby pls (meme reference)

On topic.

Technological singularity may totally be reached through integration of machines and the human brain to form an augmented entity. That which the entity can "evolve" and learn, it self to recreate others of its own kind or give rise to new development along the same lines. They say that the brain's power relative to a computer is extremely high, imagine our own super computer and its specific efforts in designing buildings to weapons. It'd be like CAD but better!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Greetings The Professional, ATS Readers, Writers,

Ha! You got some odd responses in this thread...

But, you got a darn good point.. and you are right about the pelvic capacity thing... but, over the years we have always heard we only utilize roughly 10% of this glob of nuerons and cholesterol... some call it a "brain", but so many FAIL to use it..he he..

They swallow the bull manure on the nightly news as if it is fact... or they are forever LOCKED into the left-right paradigm... sigh... lets have another, aspertame laced drink... dont forget to flouride your teeth...and the rest of your body.. and lets give MORE MONEY to the school systems, so they make the kids MORE STUPID!

I suppose the chemical additions to our food/environment is what is keeping that other 90% of grey matter coming into good use. and the lame arse big brother education system is doing the rest for "them". Lets not forget the 3 DOZEN plus, vaccines your kid MUST HAVE before entering kindergarten...and make sure yer kids dont go outside and play, and get sunshine so they can get rickets, and no Vit D... so the rest of their bodies wont work right.. immune sys. etc.

IF they ever get the blue on blue casualty thing handled... mankind better watch out.. a war in that type of scenario would be who has the most robots wins, but he needs lots and lots of robots, just in the case the enemy has a REALLY good robot that can break YOUR robots..

Case in point... UNLESS the Russians had gazillions of their T-38 tanks... to overwhelm the vastly superior German tanks....and pound their weak points with tank rounds.. the Russkies mighta got their butt handed to them in a sling.. but they didnt, they had enough reserves piled up to come on like a tidal wave.. let the winter, and their extended supply lines do the initial damage, and let the tidal wave wash them away..

IF the Artificial Intelligence achieves tactical deployment stages... Teminator city....

It would take a while; but I think the victims of the robots would sooner or later figure a way to defeat the robots..by finally finding the robots "Achilles heel"; be it the infrared sensor to be shot/taken out, and robot efficiency drops by X%, for example..

DARPA is sure trying to deploy them already.. for many uses.. I am thinking of BIG DOG robot, 4 legged thing that can pack a lot of weight.. even handle itself on icy surfaces! It is a pack mule robot. supplies, or, haul wounded to an aid station..

The killer robots, even if done in droves; "still" dont have a really reliable POWER sysytem to keep them going for long..Battery technology, is their most daunting weakness in my opinion.. they work good but only for a little while, the more powerful and destructive robots, and those with ARMOR, (heavy), will have a severe power drain.

I think we will see them used to maybe help clear a building, or some such action.. But then you have a severe risk of one of the machines being captured, as with the not too long ago, RQ stealth drone being hijacked by Iran and flown in under its own power..all those billions in R&D, out the window..

So you better NOT use them IF capture or technology loss to the enemy is highly likely...

OF COURSE, you COULD outsource all the fancy electronic parts, then find that your "future" enemy, who got a few of your government outsource contracts, and then made the new electronics with hackable and back door technology ADDED to the components so they can take em over, and have Your own robots bite you back..

Like the old movie... RUNAWAY..lol.. now lets see... WHO in the world would do something stupid like oursourcing electronics to a future enemy.. and back doors have reportedly been found.. hmmmmm

TEN SECONDS..........

Five....

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.... you failed to mention the old red white and blue..USA!!! So SMART, so MONETARILY efficient, so down right stupid that it must be done on purpose cuz no one in a job like THAT would be THAT STUPID... right???

Military Intelligence... two words that DONT go together very well....and seem contradictory, eh??

And one responder to this thread mentioned kids who cant tell time on a an analog clock! Boy that was a deja vu moment for me..lol.

4 kids, 4 months out of high school... having a last slumber party before they all go their seperate ways to college...

A daughter of a DOCTOR... a daughter of a DENTIST... a daughter of ANOTHER DOCTOR... ALL honor roll students... and one, my step-daughter.. a poor..lol middle class immigrant girl from a foreign country..but still on honor roll...

NONE of them could tell what time it was on an analog clock, when I asked when they were all returning home from a afternoon milkshake run out in the car...... It was embarassing for all of those girls... it WAS 1:25 pm..

The closest guess I got was "IS IT ONE-OH-FIVE???"

Sad eh??

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by LDragonFire

Not from the general information I know. For instance I know that eating meat allowed our ancestors to develop bigger brains

And your trying to tell me that our brains didn't developed to its current level until 2000 years ago when we started eating meat?

Homo Saipian please excuse the wikipedia link:

Humans (known taxonomically as Homo sapiens, Latin for "wise man" or "knowing man") are the only living species in the Homo genus. Anatomically modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.

Human

Are you a young earth creationist? Because you stating that our brains didn't develop until 2000 years ago makes no sense to me.
edit on 4-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As a psychology student, I've had to study the actual, physical parts of the brain, not just the mind. One of the first things I learned was that if you were to actually unfold the rippled mass in our brains, it would be roughly 3 square feet if each hemisphere were to be laid flat. Add to that there are roughly 100 billion neurons in the brain and that the brain itself can essentially rewire itself to accomodate experience and you have a very large organic computer, capable of so much that we just do not know about at this point.

Because the brain can rewire itself according to experience, it is more "alive" than we understand and also more capable. Now, this has a negative effect when it comes to substance abuse or other forms of addiction, in both the physical sense and the psychological sense. Something may be physically addictive and the body requires it in larger doses over a period of time and something may be psychologically addictive as well, since the reward centers in the brain are involved. The brain actually makes new connections when such things are introduced, like it is training itself and the rest of the body. This is why addiction is so hard and it is so easy to relapse despite following all of the best advice and measures. The same could be said for brain injuries.

Why am I mentioning this? I believe that the brain is highly adaptable without needing to be any bigger than it is. It has so much untapped potential. True, the frontal lobes of the brain can expand, but it's not even necessary, in theory. Because our brains are not hardwired for being able to only do this or that. I think what it comes down to is exposure, routine, recurring stimuli. We need to "feed our minds" in order to rewire our brains. There have been so many inexplicable leaps in knowledge in our human timeline. I do wonder if it has to do with some sort of trigger in the global consciousness, because evolution can only explain so much, even though it is a good explanation.

I guess my simple point is this: don't count us down and out yet!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join