It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Always Start My ATS Search AT New Topics Firehose And Then Check Recent Posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And personally I still miss the old ATS layout ....especially the new topics coming up in real time on the right side of most of the pages. Anyhow, I was just wondering how the rest of you ATSers navigate the site.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I still have the new threads posted on my myats page what has changed?

If you are subscribed to the forums you like and you have it set to "new topics" as a default the list of new threads appears on the left column. All you have to do is refresh for any additions.

Here is an example of right now....

Edited to add directions:

Go to the Forums page and click the forums you want to add. Then click on "Make Favorite"

Then go to your "myats" page in top links bar and click on "New Topics" then "Make default".

All done. Now every time you go to your "My ats" page the new threads will appear in the newest to oldest order, supposedly the last 48 hours, but it actually stops at a certain amount of threads. All you have to do is refresh to get the newest posts and threads
edit on 3-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I start mine the exact same way, and especially if I'm about to post something, to make sure it wasn't posted, then I do a search. Sometimes you see the same topic posted three or four times the same day, obviously they don't read the new topics.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just head to the firehose. Sometimes I may check the recent posts depending on the topic, but If I feel the need to say something, I do in anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I always check the new topic fire-hose section first and reply to whatever gets my attention. I also noticed how many people duplicate already posted topics quite often.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwan2ski
I always check the new topic fire-hose section first and reply to whatever gets my attention. I also noticed how many people duplicate already posted topics quite often.

I bet most of us go there first. The home page is kind of an anoyance that just slows me down. Are you listening, ATS?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by MissSmartypants

I still have the new threads posted on my myats page what has changed?

If you are subscribed to the forums you like and you have it set to "new topics" as a default the list of new threads appears on the left column. All you have to do is refresh for any additions.

Here is an example of right now....

Edited to add directions:

Go to the Forums page and click the forums you want to add. Then click on "Make Favorite"

Then go to your "myats" page in top links bar and click on "New Topics" then "Make default".

All done. Now every time you go to your "My ats" page the new threads will appear in the newest to oldest order, supposedly the last 48 hours, but it actually stops at a certain amount of threads. All you have to do is refresh to get the newest posts and threads
edit on 3-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)
I don't think I'm subscribed to anything here on ATS. Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

new topics

top topics

active topics

join