It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the world be like if America and her military ceased to exist at this moment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
someone would fill the void

human nature

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well let's see , one would also assume that the US would no longer be dishing out international aid as well , correct ?

We would see NK invade the south and launch attacks on Japan , Saudi Arabia would have a civil war on its hands , China would attempt to fill in the void in the pacific , Egypt would also have a civil war on its hands followed by a war with Israel as with the lose of US funding they would implode . Israel would lets a couple nukes fly just to let its " friends " know that they wernt playing around Turkey would invade northern Iraq to deal with the Kurds . Russia would move into the old Baltic states do to all the international turmoil . Venezuela and Columbia would solve some old lingering issues . Africa would implode do to war and disease .

And there would be one very happy Chinease Austrilian cheering as his new masters sailed into a port near him .

Oh and BTW that's just the good stuff .

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A better place.
2nd ln

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's not just " filling in a void " one must have VAST resources to do what the US does . In fact there is no other nation , or group of nations that could agree upon , or do what the US does .
edit on 3-6-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh poo , I forgot to mention ... Pakistain civil war / war with India . And yes China would also be involved .

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So after 3/6,2012 106 PM what will happen? Is the EU so weak it can't fight? Are we arrogant Americans correct about who we are to the world we so often have to police up? How would the Commonwealth fare ? Australia would be free from US meddling so where would they be without my country?
Gad I hear crickets.
All the resources freed up. No more cool stuff but thats just eye candy.
Culturally what would happen,spiritually or ecologically?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Dear Nobel Warrior,

The United States Military was not always there to 'police' the world, and it is not, in my honest opinion, necessary. Would America leaving tommorow (militarily speaking) be a help to the peoples of the world? In Many ways yes, no more sanctions on countries and an ability to trade more freely between countries.

Wars will always be fought, people will always want power, so there would be people who would try to gain that power over the masses of the world, China, Russia, Wahabis, etc. but they are trying today anyway, so it is not like that would change any.

Now if we could get rid of ALL those who want power, now then the world would be a beautiful place, but sadly, not before that time. America is not the sole problem, and you know it, she only adds to the misery.

please click www.abovetopsecret.com... and respond my dear nobel warrior

edit on 3-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I do think it would quite chaotic what would happen.

For the better=hell no.

2nd reply to this thread.

Less tech to the world,less aid and the price of oil would drop to about 30 bucks a barrel.
China would be happy, but the mid east would be in poverty and have a new enemy to blame.

The US does have many people who risk their lives to help others and give so much.
Can anyone name a nation that has gave more,,with people who go over seas,doctors,peace corps,billions in aid and not just from our goverment.
Not everyone in the US is bad and are war mongers.

Best thread would be what if oil dissapeard,,
The dictators and kings or clerics have dirty hands as well ,who have the oil.

Sorry to go off again.

In are dimension here,,we all kinda keep us in check.

If this is a anti US thread,,,it does not play out very good.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by Maxatoria

And then Israel and South Korea would be wiped off the map, prompting the EU the UN and NATO to make some very tough decisions.

EDIT: China would take the place of the US, possibly allied with other "rogue" nations like Iran and North Korea.

It would go from bad to worse, or nothing would really change.
edit on 3-6-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

I do not think so. You are forgetting the money. Where would the money buy their mercenaries from now and how would their plans change. But It would bring a needed time for reflection and time for humanity to evolve that it does not seem to get because of CIA idiocy bought by drug money and corperations. Russia would not lay itself flat either. South America and Cuba would flourish. Nature would have gotten a little less demand on itself since US is the biggest consumers per Capita. Eu would probably get their # together since hopefully the propaganda machine would finally die. It would be nice because 90% of what is said in the newspaper and television would no longer probably be outright lies.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When everyone started invading and fighting for pieces of it I would get my Alex Jones 900 watt BullHorn and start screaming---

You dont learn much do you MFKRS until some one shot me or blew me up in which i would be eternally grateful

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Star for making me snort-laugh.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The sad part OP it will happen especially when an economic collpase or emp strike happens in USA soil

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We would simply have Russia and its Military or China and theirs..... The only difference is the flags they fly. Same outcome and they all have the same agenda. One NWO, they're just fighting over WHO's NWO it's gonna be.
edit on 3-6-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

So the US is the primary source for all most all of the lies in all of the world's media?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

China and NK would roll over this world in a week. And, unlike us, they wouldn't give the land back.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hmm if America was gone.

The UN would lose its biggest contributor
The UN would lose its biggest stick.
Russia and China would rule the world, then there would be only one. ( nuclear war even without US or Israel)
Radical Islam would have a large foothold in the middle east after using Pakistan's nukes to take out Israel.
Turkey and India will go to war. China stepping in where it may.
The Dali lama will be killed by China, Taiwan will be annexed by China after a brief war.

Massive human rights violations.
the world would lose its biggest sender of aid to any nation after a natural disaster

the list can go on and on.

America is flawed, America has its dark spots. But America, because of its people, has generally tried to do right by the rest of the world as much as it possibly can. even coming to the aid of people that have hated us.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Latin America:
-coup/civil war in places like El Salvador, Honduras, Panama as regimes lose their military backing.
-Venezuela invade Curacao immediately, followed by Aruba. Kingdom of the Netherlands would be unable to take them back.
-Cuba invade puerto rico, grenada, Sint Maartin etc.
-Ecuador and Peru resume their war
-Argentina is forced by popular sentiment to invade the "Malvinas" (Falklands) over the objections of its own leadership.

As regional production slips, prices of precious metals soar.

Africa:
-Collapse of Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and several neighbors. African War spreads west and north, bringing both oil and chocolate production to a halt.
-Piracy in the Indian Ocean soars, as UN and other peacekeeping bodies lack the coordination and ability to project a coercive presence off the coast of Africa.

Europe/Middle East
-Serbia and various Balkan Microstates turn on Kosovo and Albania.
-Macedonia launches a series of border wars with all of its neighbors, as does Romania
-Renewed war in Cyprus.
-Russia forcefully re-annexes the "near foreign arena" or whatever the Putin regime calls it. Ukraine, Ossetia, Azherbaijan, Georgia, Turkmenostan, etc are annexed into a Russian "co-prosperity sphere".
-Israel invaded
-Poland, Finland, any remaining Baltic states form an alliance for mutual defense. Russia is tempted to fight a war on multiple fronts.

South Asia
-Iran invades Eastern (Shia) Iraq and Basra/Umm Qasr/Kuwait
-Iran closes the Gulf to all other shipping, threatening war against anyone who attempts to re-open it.
-bloody withdraw of coalition troops from Iraq, Afghanistan
-Pakistan and India resume their war, both tempted to use "just one" nuke.

East Asia
-China invades Taiwan
-China invades south vietnam
-China invades Nepal, is tempted to invade India
-piracy returns to the Malacca Straights and South China Sea, and China uses the situation as a pretext for policing all regional waters.
-war resumes on the Korean Peninsula

-The value of the dollar plummets, followed by the near-collapse of the Euro.
-The value of gold soars.
-The demand for Light Texas Intermediate oil is greatly reduced, due to the disappearance of the single largest consumer, the US military. This depresses oil prices globally.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
One major factor has not been mentioned yet...

- All Bretton Woods Institutions would fall, including the IMF and the World Bank Group.
Aside with all the U.S-enforced trading regulations, sanctions and tariffs vanishing, this would really turn the economic grand scheme upside down.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I have been reading a great deal about my country's evils and seeing those evils being laid at the feet of the american people,So now is your chance.We're gone.Go crazy.
How much better will you be without our war mongering crazy military industrial complex.Show us your vision genuises. Don't slam me or the US about what has already happened.Show me the future after.

AMERICA is only doing what every other MAN & Nation has done before us. there is always gonna be an alpha and we just happen to be it currently.

WE ARE ALPHA-------------------HATERS gonna HATE. It's there fate cause they aint got the power to dominate.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
One major factor has not been mentioned yet...

- All Bretton Woods Institutions would fall, including the IMF and the World Bank Group.
Aside with all the U.S-enforced trading regulations, sanctions and tariffs vanishing, this would really turn the economic grand scheme upside down.

Bretton Woods began to crumble the moment the Philadelphia Exchange started trading currencies back in the 1970s, and the Federal Reserve couldn't effectively stop them. Once you had an open (non-fiat) auction in government currencies, Bretton was doomed.

The larger forex has become, the less the "old order" matters. And the forex market is global, with literally millions of market actors in every country. And the larger the market, the less "fiat" such currencies really are.

The one shining spot on W's presidential record is that he didn't let the Treasury intervene in the currency markets. And we had the most stable US interest rates in a generation. Of course Bernanke and Geithner are setting the wayback machine to 1977, and trying to print their way out of recession.

It didn't work then, and it isn't working now.

It's the real for $3.30 gas, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join