It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gets Left Behind

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

This does not reflect any electoral map with polling that I have seen. In fact Obama has an easy road unless something goes very very wrong. Romeny has a very hard road ahead he has to rally the conservative base but, swing hard left to get to center as well. And everytime he does he faces tons of ads showing him flip flopping all over the place. He could just abandon the conservative base completely if he though he could swing enough of the center but he would have to make some moves to be pro getting out Afganistan and take up other Obama positions that are popular with center but, that will then get him labled as an Obama clone. Their is a reason none of the Republicans best and brightest ran this cycle because they are going to lose, better to save them untainted for 2016 and hope for a weak Dem nomination.

I agree Obama is still sitting pretty. The whole purpose of class warfare was to rally the lower 75% income towards Obama. I'm sure there are many still waiting on Obama to buy them a house too and if they can get him back in office they will get that house...

Great logic BTW for a large chunk of our voting population, and a logic the left knows the best to work in their favor.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Scary when the most leftist Prez is not left enough for the left....if they think he's too far right, what does that say about them?

It says more about US politics that your "leftist" president would be right-of-centre almost anywhere else in the world!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by Xtrozero

Disappoint the far left and you get shoes and bra's thrown at you, disappoint the far right you wind up dead, America got what it asked for when Obama was elected. Next

I agree America got what it voted for...most saw a young black man that would end up to be a historical moment.
I saw a very young senator from one of the most politically corrupt states, with an extreme left voting record, no real experience outside of school and politics. (community organizer) give me a break...

Yep America got exactly what they voted for...

On the other hand most violent political activist have been the far left. The far right tend to isolate themselves in compounds wanting to break away from all political ties, so in other words you leave them alone they leave you alone. The left are very involved to "change" America as they see fit, and if Obama offered them fundamental changes and they backed him on that then I think he has a lot more to worry about than lets say Romney would from some compound full of right extremist that dislike him.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
It says more about US politics that your "leftist" president would be right-of-centre almost anywhere else in the world!

I think normally you are correct, but Obama is farther left than anyone in Europe and they even called him out on that a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You are joking right?? If not whow about a reference?

Or perhaps you are saying that he is further to the left than the then heads of state in Europe, who were mostly right wing such as Sarkosy??

that might be true - Obama might well be further left than the right wing heads of state in Europe - but that still leaves him plenty of room to be right of centre.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join