It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

A 19-year-old Arizona mother who police say left her 5-week-old baby strapped in a car seat atop her car roof and drove off is under arrest on child abuse and aggravated DUI charges, Phoenix-area media reported Saturday. The child, found in the middle of the road, was "perfectly OK," said Officer James Holmes, Phoenix police spokesman, told The Arizona Republic.
Sou rce

This is practically a literal reproduction of a couple of scenes in the movie Raising Arizona....

and it happened in

Arizona!

Our dear moderators, If I have posted this in the wrong forum please feel free to move it to the appropriate one Thank you
edit on 6/2/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I read this earlier and knew I saw it in a movie years ago! Thanks for reminding me which.I was thinking Arizona Dream for some reason. Anyway,how dumb can you be?I swear some people should never EVER be allowed to be parents.How do you forget a 5 week old baby?! I know when my daughter was that young I put her in the car first.Not on a roof.But I guess being under the influence does that to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Before driving away, Clouser apparently forgot that she had left her child sitting on the roof of her car, Holmes said.

Ya think.....

She is so lucky that the baby wasn't hurt. Man oh man, what stupidity!!

I'm like you, instantly I thought about that movie, Raising Arizona....LOL!!
Except in real life it's not quite as funny....

Poor kid, already subjected to neglect and dope/alcohol. He's got a long road ahead of him, that's for sure.

edit on 3-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I agree, I even remember after my daughter had outgrown car seats being worried almost to distraction about her leaning against the doors in the back seat while I was in the front driving....I could just see those doors magically flying open on the highway!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

I know right? I was so paranoid driving with her in the car when she was that little.There were many times where I opted to walk a few blocks to the store instead.Mind you,not in the winter. She's 5 now and I still worry while driving.Too many crazies on the road.Sorry for going off topic,op

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It's okay about the off topic because in some way's it isn't, the story is about a mother's neglect of her child, and views from parents who are so devoted to the care of their children just emphasizes the horror of what she did (while the movie was funny, in real life it's not)

As far as your concerns in the car, it gets worse when they start to drive themselves! I KNOW

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yeah,that is true,in the movies you know it isn't real.And no one is actually being harmed.Any kind of harm to a child caused by neglect of the parent horrifies me.I'm a new parent with only 5 years under my belt so i'm still learning.She's my first and there is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for her.I understand accidents do happen...but stuff like the article you posted is just pure neglect and it's sickening.

I don't even want to think about when she is older,with the driving,dating and all that.I'm just going to enjoy the ride for now

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

post by Pixiefyre
while the movie was funny, in real life it's not

Things like that can be pretty funny within comedy.

edit on 3-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

top topics

join