It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporter has fingers broken at contested Louisiana GOP (Video from Daily Paul)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.dailypaul.com...

Alex Helwig, chairman of the Rules Committee was arrested and some of his fingers were broken and another supporter had his prosthetic hip dislocated. (Ouch!)

Paul supporters are getting a reputation, they will stand up for their rights!

more information:

www.examiner.com...

www.dailypaul.com... &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailypaul%2FFClq+%28The+Daily+Paul+-+Ron+Paul+for+President+2012%29&utm_content=FaceBook&utm_term=Ron+Paul

According to Ron Paul and his campaign staff, 113 of the 180 delegates voted to remove the sitting GOP chairman when he refused to respond to requests for information. The 113 delegates than physically moved their chairs away from the "establishment GOP" and started their own convention. The nearly two-thirds of the delegates began their convention, and that's when the mayhem broke out. Security officials, unaware of the newly formed convention, attacked Henry Herford Jr. His prosthetic hip was dislocated and may have to be replaced. Alex Helwig, chairman of the Rules Committee, was arrested after he made a motion to remove the Republican chair.

edit on 6/2/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Hmm everything seemed pretty calm afterwords for someone who had his fingers "broken". I didn't even hear him complaining about a pain in his hand.

And from the website all people noticed was a cane, and not a cast/bandage over his fingers.

My question is why did the delegates stay instead of going somewhere else?

Your right though, RP supporters are getting a reputation. they seem to cause more trouble then anything.
I think Ron Paul can handle himself and doesn't need his rabid followers attacking everyone for him. imo just makes Ron Paul look bad and gets his message muddled in the water even more.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ron Paul's statement about the Louisiana GOP Convention

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is just getting absurd, i wish we could somehow purge the psychopaths from our sphere of influence....we need to find an island and start putting people on it...and by people i mean the douches that are currently steering the ship directly into the iceberg.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Hmm everything seemed pretty calm afterwords for someone who had his fingers "broken". I didn't even hear him complaining about a pain in his hand.

And from the website all people noticed was a cane, and not a cast/bandage over his fingers.

My question is why did the delegates stay instead of going somewhere else?

Your right though, RP supporters are getting a reputation. they seem to cause more trouble then anything.
I think Ron Paul can handle himself and doesn't need his rabid followers attacking everyone for him. imo just makes Ron Paul look bad and gets his message muddled in the water even more.

From examiner source in opening post:

The Shreveport police released him later; however, some of his fingers were broken during his detainment.

Perhaps the cane belonged to the man with the prosthetic hip that got knocked out of place.

Not sure how you can call Paul supporters rabid when they are the ones that are at the receiving end of the violence.

edit on 6/2/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Crazy People = Guy in Suit and Tie (not yelling, screaming, rioting, swearing, etc.)
Crazy People = Old Guy with Artificial Hip (not yelling, screaming, rioting, swearing, etc.)

If those two are considered fanatics, crazy, delusional, etc. than I should be in a padded cell in a straight jacket.

Dont believe everything you read, just watch the videos yourself and you will see that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Can someone arrest all these lunatic Paul supporters before someone gets seriously hurt?

Paul supporters - go home.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I'd rather Ron Paul any day over our current lacky of a president.

I made the mistake of voting for Obummer in 2008, but not this time.... he has been nothing but a HUGE disappoinment!!!

~~ RON PAUL 2012 ~~

Besides, in 2008 he had the help of the Black Panthers. Of course, the wonderful Eric Holder [DOJ] dropped the charges. Intimidation at it's best.....

Time for a REAL change, not just smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Can someone arrest all these lunatic Paul supporters before someone gets seriously hurt?

Ever stop and think that us paul supporters are just sick and tired and fed up with the BS comming from all other candidates and elected officials over the years? At what point would you think enough is enough?

typicle responce from a non paul supporter. They think everyone but themselves are the nutjobs. Go figure.

In my experiance, it's usually the nutjob, that's the nutjob, calling somene else a nutjob. I cant be a nutjob, because I actually understood what I just said.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

We are home. We don't need to be anywhere else. He's already won. Get the death rattle out of your system, and then go take a nap.

top topics

join