It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli research finds magnetic way to break the smoking habit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Israeli research finds magnetic way to break the smoking habit

www.haaretz.com

Transcranial magnetic stimulation therapy has a 40-percent success rate in breaking the smoking habit, according to the interim results of a new Israeli study. In treatments using this method the subject, who is fully conscious during the process, dons a kind of metal helmet that transmits magnetic waves to the brain. These weak electrical pulses stimulate the nervous system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Tobacco: A biological weapon?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dont bother visit, its just the snippet pasted above, very little coverage.

If they could do change one of the hardest thing to do, what else they could do ? I'm thinking of grabbing some people, "magnetise" him to be a suicide bomber, for Israeli!

Just kidding, but lets face it, if it can stop people from smoking (smokers know how hard this feat is),.................what else can it do ?

The self-reported cigarette-smoking rate for Israelis aged over 21 reached a record low in 2011-2012, to just 20.6 percent. But overall cigarette consumption rose 0.1 percent from the previous year. The figures are from a Health Ministry report, issued for World No Tobacco Day, May 31, and submitted by Deputy Health Minister Yaakov Litzman to Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin.

Check the link above, might have link / proven conspiracy ? Have the Israelis started using it ?
In anyway, I dont want my head to be magenetise. Might lose my name!

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-6-2012 by NullVoid because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is freaky. Very freaky. Seeing as how tptb slip freaking fluoride into ssris, i wonder what else they slip in with this? "monsanto is good for you. Use more fluoride. Hate iran."?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
about ten years ago...i saw on morning televsion...

a man had two metal balls attached to a machine.

he put one in each hand and said.

"everything has an electronic blueprint, everything.....i put in the electronic blueprint/frequency of nicotine, reverse it....and hold onto these balls."

doing this before he says that for a week after his body was secreting/shedding all traces of nicotine from his body.
and he never "craved" a ciggarette again...

but i never heard of this story again

peace

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Lets hope if this makes money they give a little back to the people in Africa they raped for resources to make all this possible

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I thought the procedure was to have the nicotine-addicted wear a magnet on the head and when he lit up a smoke, people could throw hammers at him.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive method to cause depolarization or hyperpolarization in the neurons of the brain. TMS uses electromagnetic induction to induce weak electric currents using a rapidly changing magnetic field; this can cause activity in specific or general parts of the brain with minimal discomfort, allowing the functioning and interconnections of the brain to be studied. A variant of TMS, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), has been tested as a treatment tool for various neurological and psychiatric disorders including migraines, strokes, Parkinson's disease, dystonia, tinnitus, depression and auditory hallucinations. Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing to see here folks. The reason the news item reported by the OP is a snippet is because it is non-news. Scientists have been testing the effects of TMS for years.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
'___'25, cures smoking and alcholism, google it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Electronic cigarettes work, and are a whole lot cheaper.

Worked for me, worked for my fiance. Easy to find online. No need to get involved with the Israeli's if you want to quit smoking.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can see it now; millions of people walkin the streets wearing Metal helmets.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Nope, will not work that way, battery too heavy

Hmm do they have the sexual version ?
edit on 3-6-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

top topics

join