It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road RAGE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have just followed the most idiotic driver I have ever seen.
It makes me want to take the law into my own hands sometimes but I know that will just get me into an even worse situation.
I had just popped to the garage for some baccy and was waiting to pull out onto the main road. There was a car wanting to turn in off the main road but he couldn't wait 2 seconds to let me pull out as it was clear one way.
I raised my hands as if to say ''come on man'' and the bloke behind him thought I was talking to him and stuck his arm out of the window and gave me the finger whilst shouting F*** you to me!
AARRGH!

I pulled out onto the main road behind the mouthy...I pulled out behind him. I was keeping my distance as I had my little boy and my missus in the car with me and I could see this bloke getting angry and looking at me through his mirror and then he locked his wheels up and skidded in the road. It didn't faze me as like I said, I was keeping my distance. He started swinging his car over the road like some idiot and at one point I thought he was going to hit oncoming traffic.
We carried on up the road and he happened to be turning off down the same road I was and proceeded to go as slow as he could. I didn't mind, I was trying to keep calm and driving slow was helping do that. Especially with my boy in the back I didn't want to explode.
So, we were slowly driving through my area and he came to the road he wanted to turn down. He turned down and stopped, throwing his arms all over the place in anger. Clearly he wanted to fight. I couldn't do that with my boy in the car (believe me, I wanted to harm the sob!) but that isn't me anymore and I carried on as normal up the road and to my home. I was so angry. I can't stand people like that and as soon as I pulled up I jumped out of my car and sprinted up the road to find him.

He was gone..but a few minutes of running about and I had found his car parked outside a house.
So many thoughts were going through my head. I wanted to teach him a lesson so bad. I wanted to show him that you don't swear at people and act like a complete muppet and I wanted to bring him down a peg or 10!
Shaking, gritting my teeth and clenching my fists like some crazed animal I realized that what I was about do to would make me no better than him.
I turned around and thought for a moment. What am I doing? Where will this get me? A night in the cell or maybe a knife in my stomach? I decided to go back home and chill out.
I got home, the missus took my boy out to see his nan and naturally I opened up the laptop to see what's happening on ATS.
I felt like I had to write this down to get it off my chest. I'm an easy going person who is trying to do better in life but sometimes I just want to go nuts and take the law into my own hands with these people before they cause harm to somebody. I can safely say, i'm glad I came home and didn't do anything stupid.
So there you have it ATS. My first rant and I feel much better now. Thanks.

edit on 2-6-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

You did the right thing, going home....reacting badly to the perceived "wrongdoings " of another motorist could lead to tragedy. It really isn't,t worth it, keep calm, grit your teeth and carry on. We,ve all annoyed other drivers, at one time or another, and are far from perfect ourselves.
Where I live is an estate with a blanket 20 mph speed limit, ( For a good reason..) which I, and a few others stick to, but there are plenty of people who will drive very close to the back of my car, to try and make some sort of point. I ignore them.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

i'd like to invite you to illinois.

you ain't seen nothin' yet.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by SilentE

It really isn't,t worth it, keep calm, grit your teeth and carry on.

Very wise words.
I will try to remember and tell myself that every time I feel myself beginning to boil.
Cheers,

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I always laugh at these types of idiots...especially when they are looking right at me. Nothing more. Just letting them no that they are no more than a speck of dandruff on my shoulder which I flick off.

One guy however did take offense and followed me to the store and attempted a confrontation. I pointed out the CCTV’s in the parking lot and told him that I would fall down and start crying if he struck me and sue him for every penny he is worth.

He backed off. ‘Course what he also didn’t know was that I had my hand on my weapon at the time. I always prefer not to hurt someone if I can help it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Thanks ! I had to learn to control my temper, generally ,several decades ago, I was very fiery. One day, someone I respect said to me " Your temper is going to get you into serious trouble, one day.... "

I listened.

We all make mistakes when driving, or drive aggressively, and are prone to rudeness, and forget this when someone else is guilty of the same. It,s difficult, in the heat of the moment, when " wound up " by someone else,s bad behaviour, even if it is a genuine mistake, to think rationally, our primitive nature dominates our thinking. Recognise it and override it. I know it,s not easy !

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

With respect, TDawg, tell me you were,nt willing to draw your weapon and use it, over a driving altercation ?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It makes me want to take the law into my own hands sometimes
reply to post by SilentE

If my kiddies were not around...I would of had a hey day all over..teach a lesson

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well done!!! You really prove who you are by actions... He proved he was a moron and you proved you were above it.

I had a recent encounter with a moron myself. I was driving home from work doing 65mph in a 55mph but apparently it wasnt fast enough for the moron behind me. Now this road we are on is considered one of the deadliest in the US with cars entering the road from all sides. So, this guy is flashing his lights at me and beeping his horn while driving literally 6 inches behind me. The funny thing was that I was also following somebody else being that it was rush hour and there was absolutly no where for this guy to go. I tried to back him off by slowing down to 50mph but this just pissed him off more. So finally I decided to pull into the right hand lane and let this guy get in fornt of me so he could go maybe 20 feet in front of me in traffic.As he was passing me I noticed that he was holding something in is hand and as i turned to look at him I heard a huge bang. This moron shot a gun at me!!!! I wound up pulling off of the road and calling police. The bullet hole was chest high in my door any higher and i would have probably been shot. Luckily the guy behind him saw what had happened and got the morons license plate. The moron was charged with attempted murder and is in prison now. It doesnt pay to lose your cool.

Keep calm and chive on haha S&F

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Hmmm ! ...And if you come off worst, or end up in court..

Don,t do it ! Unless you can predict the outcome, and are willing to accept the consequences, if things don,t go in your favour. .....?

T,ain,t worth it...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by scoodoo20

Thanks, scoodoo 20, I rest my case...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I drive trucks for a living and I am constantly stuck in traffic I see people constantly doing stupid things on the road. I have had people phone my company because I honked my air horn at them because they cut me off . I love to watch people weaving in and out of rush hour , just to see their cars a little way down the road rammed into some other car. I get really mad when people drive like retards with their kids in the car and expect a 24,000 tonne truck fully loaded with asphalt to stop on a dime. Most people drive in a bubble much how they live their lives Selfish and oblivious of the world that surrounds them. Now on my motorbike I have people try to run me off the road , stopping short because I honked my horn after they cut me off. And I did lose it one time with my 4 month pregnant wife with me on the bike some retard cut me off and stopped short after honking at him . I followed him and he jammed his breaks a few more time , finally at the red light I pulled up beside him and his passenger, I was screaming at them saying how big of a !@# hole he was and he should step out of their car if he thought he was so tough behind his wheel and to try to run me off the road I was livid . Guess to some people it is all fun and games sadly do not have the foresight that their driving actions can hurt or kill someone .

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

With respect, TDawg, tell me you were,nt willing to draw your weapon and use it, over a driving altercation ?

I'm former military, I assessed at the time that the guy was a bully.

If he would have pressed his attack it would have gone badly for him. But then again, maybe not.

Life is full of unknown consequences.

I will only defend myself over a actual attack.

ETA: The guy apparently thought over his options, gave me a hearty "F" you and drove off.

For every action, there is a reaction. I don't dwell on it...I just remember it.
edit on 2-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Fair comment...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Fair comment...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I have experienced what can only be called, Cell Phone Road Rage. I was behind a woman waiting at a stop sign. I could see her hand to her ear, and her head was clearly making the motions of someone fighting over the phone. She got so angry that she rolled down her window and tossed the phone before driving off.

I wanted so much to run after the phone with the hope that her husband (or boyfriend, had to be one or the other) was still on. I wanted to say, "Oh baby, you do that so good when you're mad. oooh, aaaah."

I didn't do it, but I wanted to!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting on my thread.
Sorry I didn't get round to replying, been busy and could only get on for a quick look and to star the posts.
Cheers,

new topics

top topics

join