It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf boy, 2, hears mum for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Deaf boy, 2, hears mum for first time

news.ninemsn.com.au

A two-year-old deaf boy has been filmed in the US reacting with joy at hearing his mother’s voice for the first time.

The heart-warming video shows the boy, addressed by his mother as Cooper, respond to the sounds around him after he is fitted with a hearing aid.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

This is amazing! Yet another story of a young child having the joy of hearing their parent's voice for the first time. It is absolutely amazing what technology can do now. And it is awesome to see this stuff. Just pure awesomeness to see all these videos emerging of late.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
How is this breaking alternative news when you are quoting a variety health article from the MSM? Should be in a different forum in my opinion and you should start following the rules with instead of constantly starting threads in the wrong section.

edit on 2-6-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

We can be as macho as we want but men become boys when mom speaks.

Great vid and thanks.

Now I have to go and phone mom...just to say how much she means to me now and how she has shaped my life.

Not looking for stars but I will S&F the OP for the gentle reminder of what is REALLY important. Just going to do it.

Peace

edit on 2-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
How is this breaking alternative news when you are quoting a variety health article from the MSM? Should be in a different forum in my opinion and you should start following the rules with instead of constantly starting threads in the wrong section.

edit on 2-6-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

Please enlighten us as to the T&C because we just don't know as much as you apparently. 6 weeks as a member and you are dictating to older members as to how they should post?

If the only thing you gained from the OP is a boo-boo in posting...too bad for you.

Peace

edit on 2-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Very Cool, These vids are always heartwarming... it's cool to see him experience sound for the first time.

S&F

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Thanks for the story OP, it's very heartwarming and brings a huge smile to the face, but your negative post doesn't add anything here does it?

As for you -
You posted 2 minutes after the OP, and the video is 2:51 so you cannot have even watched it all. Great contribution.
If the location bothers you THAT much, why not report it using the correct channels on the members avatar (ie report the thread to a Mod and let them decide on the thread's correct location and also advise the member if they are putting things in wrong forums by accident on several occasions) and keep your snide comments to yourself.
Your response is one of negativity in a very positive thread. I am loathe to add to that negativity anymore but feel people like you should reflect on why you are like you are.
There is a saying
"if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
Something you perhaps should consider in future.
Regards
F

Once again thanks OP - was a great video and A joy to watch.The sheer delight on that little boys face should cheer anyone up...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

The volume the hearing aid was at was very uncomfortable for him...

he didnt know how to communicate that he wanted to turn the volume down.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Considering i rarely check the other sections.

for the OP. Thanks OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is a sweet story, at least on the surface. It's good that this child is very young, because older people can have problems, even trauma discerning the sounds around them, and crave the peace of silence. There are also health concerns, about an implant in the head. It can cause painful ringing sensations and other medical complications.

The deaf community is at odds with this device, as some feel it's as if the child's brain is being inputted by a computer, while others argue that these people loose the benefit cultural skills given within the deaf community, and tend to be isolated from them.

Here's a series on the topic. It is several videos. I saw this on TV, Discovery Channel or TLC, a while back. The OP's video made me think of it.

top topics

join