It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Zombie apocalypse’ trending as bad news spreads quickly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok, put away your guns and machetes ... Its officially not a Zombie Apocalypse !

While we're certain the dead are not rising, the past week has seen some of the most disturbing instances of human behavior imaginable.

Source
edit on 1-6-2012 by Tazkven because: Added some words and stuff ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, I must say I thoroughly appreciate the time and effort you put into this thread!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's all over facebook as well, probably just a test from the media to see how stupid the public are and how propaganda spreads like a wild fire.

reply to post by freakjive

Can't you see his avatar? He's Batman, he doesn't have time for this.....

edit on 1-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Imo it's just the people using the chaos as an excuse to release all of their bottled up anger.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, as the good professor in the linked article also said;

Fact is, horrible crimes happen all the time.

"This is all nothing new," said Scott Talan, professor of public communication at American University, with a long work history in public relations and the media. Bad news attracts attention, he said, and when it happens in bunches, people like to attach a name to it, hence, "zombie apocalypse."

edit on 1-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You posted a link to an opinion and didn't even make the effort to form your own. Further, it adds nothing to the growing discussions already ongoing here

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
These events, while apparently sudden, are simply media hype.

There is no doubt in my mind that there have been even more bizarre events than these happening all around the United States & the world, which have not been reported by the media.

What you are seeing now is the proverbial “band-wagon”. The media companies know they can profit from these crazy acts, and proliferate the stories by reporting on any bizarre events they can stumble across that seem related.

This is a type of fear mongering, which the media is known for.

The face eater had a bad drug, or lost his mind. The same applies for the other people who did the same acts.

It would be prudent for a well-educated person to realize that this is nothing more than hype, than to give into the sheep-news and be lead to believe something extraordinary is going on.

edit on 1-6-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Well, I must say I thoroughly appreciate the time and effort you put into this thread!

Sorry, I just wanted to share with you guys. I invested some time in a thread this morning after reading about the Canadian seal clubbing thread about hate that was very ill received, just figured you guys wanted the facts. I was cruising CNN reading about various things when I saw this, thought you guys may like it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Actually, I thought it would add to the current discussions as just despicable human behavior and not an apocalypse, my apologies if I didn't point that out in my first post ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Haha, I wish I was, I wouldnt be at work not working

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well
Judging by the various widespread attacks
and many attacks lately in Florida
And I am currently sitting in Florida...

It makes far more sense for my local news station to teach us how to survive a zombie attack than a terrorist attack.

Just sayin...

(helpful sign when entering Miami
)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually, in the article in the OP was a link to the CDCs zombie survival guide, haha

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Yes, and that is why I posted the article, I tend to agree. All these people were cannibals not zombies anyways ...
edit on 1-6-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Zombies.....

I will continue when you contribute to your own thread.....

Sad to see how the newcomers are.....T&C much??

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Actually, I did ... If you had read the thread at all or the article, suppose it is easier to be a critic tho ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I was not trying to be rude in my post, although I do feel as if you was trying to be but that's ok. If you had read the thread you would know that people have already got on me about that and I guess you thought it wasn't sinking in enough and had to tell me too, uhm ... Thanks.

Fact is I didn't want to "spoil" the read to much, as for the T/C I snipped a portion of the article, linked to it and named the thread the same as the article ... Like you said I am a "newcomer" and obviously forgot something so now you cannot contribute to the thread, other than of course straightening me out, thanks again ...

I suspect you have an issue with the actual topic and that's fine. It's basically an article about zombies being a hot topic, the dead are not rising its just crazy people, some doctors are quoted, links to various stories, something about the cdc, blah blah blah
edit on 1-6-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm really excited to see where this topic goes on this site.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalOne

Actually, I've had worse ...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the ET/UFO hype. This zombie thing....is a set up for the big show. I bet things start getting even crazier, the closer we get to December. I wonder what's going to happen next week, when Venus passes in front of the sun? Surely, there will be some kind of ritual.

Venus transition
Venus transition2
edit on 2-6-2012 by nuttin4nothin because: correction

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Crazy stuff like these stories have been going on for a long time, my question is this; why are the news picking it up and running with it and everyone else? Perhaps an agenda for distraction or better yet, psychological conditioning for the implosion of the economy this fall/winter.

Ever seen the movie "The Road"? Yeah, it's about to get scary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join