It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on the zombie apocolypse.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Anyways, started that well enough.

Okay, at first, I thought it was over-reaction. Now, I don't know what to think. What is my question? Simple. There was a survivor of one of these things right? So, is he now showing signs of being a zombie? Am I missing the point? Isn't this more of an outbreak of cannibalism than "zombies"? I ask this in honest curiosity. I know ya'll have a better understanding because of a better familiarity. So, are these really zombies over-running us, or is it just a strange dementia taking over the world. Is this a mental thing, or an actual outbreak?
edit on 31-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: because the enter key is not my friend, nor is spelling. But yall knew that by now.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm going to say just a rise in reporting of these events, the media are always looking for new ways to get shock value with their topics and gruesome murders seem to be the new fad.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

correct me if i am wrong but arn't zombies the dead coming back to life these crazies are more like crazy cannibals then zombies and so many in such a short time is more than a coincidence if you ask me.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You guys watch too many movies.

Seriously.

Just because a Zombie eats another person doesn't mean they turn into a Zombie. It's transmitted some other way. Jeez....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Yeah, I agree. And that's what I felt too. It's probably just mass media hype. Anything to sell a story. But there's so much of it lately, I had to ask. So if we rule out zombies, then what caused this outbreak of cannibalism? Is it just news hype, or something more? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it. But maybe, (and this is my "conspiracy, anything is possible" mind working here mind you) something set off this whole fad? If I had answers, I obviously wouldn't be asking so many questions. But isn't it weird all the sudden there's an outbreak of people eating people? I mean, we've seen it a thousand times in history before, and with world news access, it's easy to link a to z, but still, it seems strange. But again, life is strange.
edit on 31-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: grammar redundancy

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hang on a sec....just curious....let us break it down...what is a zombie?

Zombie-something that is carnal instinct, feeds on living flesh, and doesn't mind getting shot in the chest (once or twice)...and contagious....

Brain fried drug addict or viral infested individual-something that has had higher brain functioning turned off resorting to basic human instincts...to feed, pain doesn't register (doesn't mind being shot in the chest once or twice), AND contagious

~shrug~ call it what you will...but maybe hollywood zombie isn't such a far fetch, and if we were to call it some long medical term of infection shortened to a cute acronym like HIV, wouldn't it equal the same result?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You are only seeing so much of it because people are looking for it, every few months there is some crazy stories that all "happen at the same time" and all get linked together which ends up being an awesome show of nothing at all happening. Fun times. People kill each other, people do insane, scary things to each other, and yes people also eat each other. Sometimes i need to stop reading the threads on this site.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I second that. Now look at ALL the ATS zombie topics just flooding in.. I even saw a post where someone actually posted a map tracking each and every incident. It's like the earthquake infatuation.. if there's a 4.0 somewhere in the world it means ELEnin is lined up with Pluto and Nibiru causing a galactical collapse because someone named St4rScream on YouTube said it.

edit on 31-5-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I enjoy all the Zombie talk, it's a relief from Nibiru, Earthquakes and Galactic Federation of fraud.

I'm jumping on this bandwagon for now, at least until it gets old.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by clenz

Have to politely disagree with you......have had a number of conversations lately with friends my age, that 'life wasn't like this 30 years ago....the weather in so and so location was predictable'.....we have had cannibals in our society, and they normally we considered 'sane' acting....I mean seriously intelligent in their responses.....and i am actually watching a B-zombie flick now....and i have NO desire to live through one...but no one actually mandated that zombies were returned from the dead....just that certain aspects reigned true....and these incidents, whether related or not, ring true of zombie characteristics.

That is the point, it isn't that they weren't reported in the 70s and 80s....they didn't happen...i can't recall a single episode when i was working a news desk and received the wires in which a single incident like this occurred....call that what you will, but this is anything but normal.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by clenz

Have to politely disagree with you......have had a number of conversations lately with friends my age, that 'life wasn't like this 30 years ago....the weather in so and so location was predictable'.....we have had cannibals in our society, and they normally we considered 'sane' acting....I mean seriously intelligent in their responses.....and i am actually watching a B-zombie flick now....and i have NO desire to live through one...but no one actually mandated that zombies were returned from the dead....just that certain aspects reigned true....and these incidents, whether related or not, ring true of zombie characteristics.

That is the point, it isn't that they weren't reported in the 70s and 80s....they didn't happen...i can't recall a single episode when i was working a news desk and received the wires in which a single incident like this occurred....call that what you will, but this is anything but normal.

Umm, there certainly were cannibals back in the 70s and 80s, sorry. And there certainly was a lot of crazy stuff people did, even way way back in the day (Jack the Ripper?). As for things not being like they were 30 years ago? of course not.. we live in the internet age, you can get info on the entire world at the click of a mouse, 30 yrs ago if someone was killed brutally in China, you didn't hear about it in the US.

I'm not sure how you can call someone a cannibal and sane in the same sentence... Most killers act "sane" out in the public, it's alone and without prying eyes where they do their dirty work (mostly). Just because you can't recall a single episode of something like this in your lifetime happening, doesn't mean it hasn't before, we humans are capable of terrible, terrible things.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
clenz, jack the ripper never actually ate anyone just murdered prostitutes.

i'm surprised it hasn't been said yet but RAGE VIRUS?

at any rate, however, not a single one of these cases fit the traditional zombie motif whatsoever, in that i mean zombies are literally the walking dead a corpse which has risen from a state of death to feed on warm living flesh, thats a zombie. (nerd)

that, my friends, is why i imply this is the work of some sort of rge virus as depicted in the 28 days film series.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
clenz, jack the ripper never actually ate anyone just murdered prostitutes.

i'm surprised it hasn't been said yet but RAGE VIRUS?

at any rate, however, not a single one of these cases fit the traditional zombie motif whatsoever, in that i mean zombies are literally the walking dead a corpse which has risen from a state of death to feed on warm living flesh, thats a zombie. (nerd)

that, my friends, is why i imply this is the work of some sort of rge virus as depicted in the 28 days film series.

Oh, I know he didn't eat anyone, I was using him as an example of people doing crazy and disturbing things, even though seemingly "sane" on the outside, and receiving lots of coverage for it. Also, i wouldn't consider this much of a rage virus seeing as how this particular person being discussed in this thread is in custody, and appearing in court with no incident, unless the rage virus lasts but a few short hours of course.

My point was merely that people are fixating on this kind of stuff, and finding unrelated stories and linking them together, it bothers me only because i'm sure someone out there is actually scared that a zombie apocalypse has begun.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i see.
well at any rate, i think that it should be fairly obvious to most critically thinking people that there is not, in fact, a zombie disaster taking place but nonetheless it's uber fun to think about!

keep this little piece of biblical scripture in mind however...

Zechariah 14:12 'And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. Zechariah 14:13 On that day they will be terrified, stricken by the LORD with great panic. They will fight their neighbors hand to hand. '

pretty crazy, pretty crazy... good times.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey, zombies or not, it's just a matter of time before we all start eating other. Especially as 12.21.2012 approches.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

A zombie appocolypse is fun to think about. Then when you have small children, it's not so fun. That would be the ultimate bad situation.. trying to protect your little ones from the horrors of such an event. I have little ones and that would be a nightmare for me.

new topics

top topics

join