It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
I bought some of that liposomal vitamin C couple of years ago when I got a circular in the mail advertising it. It sounded like the greatest thing since sliced bread and I was looking forward to an increased level of energy and health.

Seems like it starts to break down in the small intestines instead of the stomach. This caused intestinal bleeding! I only took it for about 2-3 days in the recommended amounts before seeing such alarming symptoms.
I take my vitamin C in the form of rosehips and green groceries now.

Be careful with liposomal vitamin C and if you notice any rectal bleeding or if you begin to throw up blood, quit taking it immediately.

Noted ... will keep an eye out for anything untoward ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Well that's where we differ. I believe in whole foods, you believe in supplements. FAT is what makes a vitamin or mineral stick to a cell. If you eat something high in vitamins and minerals, but lack a source of fat .. you become malnourished very quickly. This is one of the dangers of vegetarianism .. so you need a fat and protein supplement. Like peanuts, soy, fish if you're not picky etc. It's actually healthier to eat a salad loaded with veggies and a pork chop than it is just a salad.

Hence why they are coating Vitamin C with soy fat... they are recreating the natural process of a omnivorous diet. Why? Why not just be an omnivore?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I just can't figure out how apes and caveman could have survived so healthy in nature all of these millennium without having anything as a source for vitamins other than the foods/plants growing around them in the forest.

And I am equally unsure about that statement ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by muzzleflash

So, what's the big deal to you, if those of us who want to give this a try, do it. It's not costing you a cent. And, you have no better conclusive information than we do. At least we are fact gathering, first hand. No skin off your nose.

I notice, that in threads like this, after it's been rolling along all fine and dandy, there are always a few naysayers who jump in pages down the line, to bash those who've been participating in a friendly manner. Why is that, I wonder.

Des

I didn't say don't try it. Odds are it won't hurt you at all.
It looks totally safe.

However, I would like to know why is everyone so hostile to natural remedies like food?

And I have every right to ask questions about how did caveman survive without it, because that should help bring the issues into better focus.

If someone can answer the criticism sufficiently I will happily shift my opinion as a result. I actually don't know but can only assume and guess, so anyone who has done the research and does know the answers can enlighten me.

No need to get hostile simply because I am questioning your belief system.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And I jumped in late because I just woke up.

Why the heck would I sit around and wait a few hours to chime in?
Everyone knows the page 1 witty comments get all the attention anyways.

Most people never read beyond a page, or will only check the last page in hopes of seeing a resolution.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Iwinder

The guy/gal had a valid question. "is too much vitamin c toxic?"

It's valid because there is such a thing as Hypervitaminosis, or "vitamin overdose". This is mainly applied to fat soluble vitamins. Water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin C might cause a little diarrhea when too much is consumed, but that's about it. It just flushes right on out!

Thanks for that information, so an overdose of vitamin C is nothing to stress over.

What about the Zombies?
Regards, Iwinder

I think worst case scenario: Your an eldery person, you overdose, you have serious diarrhea, it's a very hot day, your not drinking enough to replace lost fluids, you become very dehydrated and die.

Anyway thank you OP for bringing this to our attention!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Human beings have been suffering from hardening of the arteries for ages. If you want a answer to your questions read about Linus Pauling as I have already said. He addresses much of what you bring up. The apes and all of it. Seriously ...
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

Thank you OP for posting this. I am going to try it and hopefully I'll feel just as good as you. Although home chemistry tinkering leaves me with some reservations... Its perfectly safe right? (i'm not worried about blowing up the house, more messing up my body)

Its like cooking. 3 ingrediants involved. Distilled water, Lecithin, and Vit C. I used a recipe on the internet and there is no risk of explosions or anything bad. All three ingredinats are inherently safe in moderate doses, yet a person can even die from drinking too much water and it did happen on a radio show contest where the contestant drank a few gallons of water to one a video game console and died from too much water. WHo knew!!!!

Still making this stuff is easy as pie. I've had more trouble making food recipes and either under/over cooking them or not coming out right. This is cake walk and my batch turned out looking and tasting just like what everyone else on the interwebs is reporting and just like what Megamind's batch looks like who is also on this thread now

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

However, I would like to know why is everyone so hostile to natural remedies like food?

I can think of one good reason (and imo the ONLY acceptable reason) ... healthy food is expensive if you don't grow it yourself. Especially if you live in a money trap like the West Coast. I grow all my own veggies starting in March through November. The average cost of say .. a salad, is about $5-8 to buy from a store. Fruits are extremely expensive (I only grow apples, nectarines and a small orange like fruit I long since forgot the name of oh and blue berries, black berries, raspberries and strawberries..)

Anyways.. my point is, if you don't or cannot grow your own healthy food and are on a low or fixed budget, eating healthy CAN be expensive.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

wasn't the life expectancy f a caveman 30 years or so????

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I just can't figure out how apes and caveman could have survived so healthy in nature all of these millennium without having anything as a source for vitamins other than the foods/plants growing around them in the forest.

And I am equally unsure about that statement ...

I am.

Let's look at the story of the infamous runner Pheidippides and the battle of Marathon.

How could Pheidippides run like this if he were "unhealthy"?
Come on, Pheidippides ran better and further than 99.9% of modern humans, even some of our best marathon runners! (Of which Pheidippides is honored in, btw).

Now, about cavemen.
How could they have brought down the mighty Mammoth? Had they been "unhealthy"?

They had no animal husbandry, they didn't ride horses in the primordial stone ages, they ran everywhere bare footed.

Also notice, they didn't clean everything up like we do either. They lived dirty lives, therefore their immune systems were strong as a result. They ate the ugly fruits/ veggies with marks on them, why? Because it didn't matter back then before commercialized propaganda of the "perfect food" convinced all of us that food shouldn't have marks or bumps on it.

Trust me I can list a ton of instances of where earlier mankind was far athletically superior to modern (average) mankind in countless ways.

And they did it all without industrial conveniences.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
All right dominicus...I'm reporting my results! I made a jar, obsessively following the instructions to the letter.
I only had a smoothie for breakfast, and in the last 5 hours I have taken 2 doses of the vitamin C mixture.
( 2 tablespoons per dose.)

The first positive effect that I experienced (as did Megamind) was a noticeable improvement in my vision. I have near 20\20 vision, but it's sharper now. It's obvious. That alone would probably be incentive to use it.
Also have more energy, but at the same time am feeling calm, with a sense of well-being. (Unlike caffeine)
(I'm usually grouchy and irritable, as I have a chronic pain issue from 2 herniated lumbar discs years ago. I posted earlier in the thread about my using apple cider vinegar. The acv has done wonders for my joint pain and arthritis.)

This vitamin C elixir is not a case of mind over matter...convincing myself that the vitamin C would work.
I'm a skeptic. I've tried many 'miracle' supplements over the years. Most claims are b.s. by someone trying to make a buck. This stuff is great. I'm feeling it.

I have some other info I feel I must share. I just had a long phone conversation with my nephew, who is a world-class power lifter. I called to tell him about the vitamin C elixir, and he was interested. He told me he's had incredible results with "quark", which is a staple of the Budwig protocol for cancer treatment. Even though he's healthy as can be, he started using it as part of his regular diet when he found out some big name lifters were using it.
I got the quark recipe off youtube, and went back to Wholefoods (again) to buy organic cottage cheese, flax oil and flax seed.

My nephew said after a short time of eating the quark mixture twice daily, his workout recoveries are incredible, his skin looks like a baby's, and his hair is thicker. People think he's using some steroid or human-growth hormone because he looks like he's 16. (He's 32)

I hate the term "superfood" as it's so overused, but this stuff may very well be a superfood. It's not just for those battling cancer. The mechanism which supposedly makes this stuff work so well is the high sulphur content in the cottage cheese combining with the EFAs in the flax. The proponents claim it's like a super 'cell food'.

my youtube embed tain't working!
Here's links for the recipe:

or:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by zarp3333
At the dawn of 20th century, Vitamin C was the first miracle drug. It was discovered that macrophage immune system cells accumulate ascorbic acid to attack and dissolve invading pathogens. If sufficient accumulations exist prior or during an attack, there was no pathogen that could withstand the acid including the most virulent virus or bacteria.

Much later it was also discovered that ascorbic acid is transported to cells via the insulin/glucose transport system. If even moderate amounts of serum glucose were present and occupying the positions of the transport, the vitamins go in the toilet. Our current high sugar diets make most vitamin C useless. That's also why some people report bad results when trying to knock out a viral infection.

Last thing is the transport mechanism is slow but steady. Constant levels of VC are needed not one big dose

I am diabetic and have noticed that when my control is good, that raw fruit juices and vitamins seem to have added effect. The issue is that when things are going out of control, nothing seems to work. This could be because of low uptake of vitamin C.

I'll also join this little experiment (but I'll be using a blender rather than an ultrasonic cleaner) and will post results here too (including blood-glucose levels).

I would suggest a stick mixer, Cuisinart Smart Stick is one brand. If you don't have, or plan on getting the sonic unit. The Smart Stick is way more rapid a mixer than a regular blender. jmoho

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

Only in relation to dental issues.

When teeth get infected you have to stop it quickly or risk death.

Are you insinuating that caveman died at 30yrs old because he didn't have Vitamin C supplements?

Let's go ask 100year olds if they survived with supplements or as a result of their dental care?
I bet I will find 100% of the old people relating dental operations throughout their life but only a proportion % will actually have taken supplements.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If drinking a little Sunny D causes an overdose of C and it starts accumulating in the body as waste, what does that tell you? That caveman did just fine with a few oranges, he didn't need to take 1000x as much because 998x of it gets wasted. Just seems to me that people are treating this "totally unnatural" practice of using industrial refined vitamins way overboard, and are claiming it is "natural" when it is in fact, not natural at all. If we actually needed this much to survive, we would be already dead or would have some natural source for it in nature.

First I am not a Caveman. Second, I have had low immune system, tired, low energy levels, and health problems since I have been a kid. Strept throats, ear infections, 2 flu's a year, etc. I take a handful of supplements to help with all of this and by far this Liposomal Vit C has had the biggest effect on me ever in the last 10+ years of taking and trying different things to improve my conditions.

If you ar calling this "unnatural", well than is it natural that I have spent a large portion of my life tired, feeling like crap, low immune system, and health issues? ....while my firends are going on bike rides, hiking, swimming, living life and I have only had enough energy to go to work the come home drained and tired and go straight to sleep after dinner. This Vit C has given me a new life and I've started working out again 40 mins cardio or 10 mile bike rides. I dont know why your so negative about this. Maybe your health is good, but mine hasnt been and I know alot of people around suffering with all types of ailments and this stuff would be almost like a miracle for them

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I've known people who are very "healthy" running 5 miles a day and drop dead of pancreatic cancer.

Anyway its not my desire to argue about the efficacy of supplements. I agree with you about the importance of whole foods. I am not advocating people do nothing but eat doughnuts and drink Pepsi as long as they get their supplements.

I would love to have a garden but I live in an apartment complex. We shop at the local farmers market though. I personally buy organic when I can. Heck, we are even planning on renting a house so we can have a garden!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

Also I should add that on top of lacking dental science (which is the most effective medical advancement we have made), it should also be noted that warfare and violent crime were far more commonplace during those periods which would also play into less survival ability.

Also we are taking it out of context with a half-truth.

Just look through Wiki at famous ancient individuals.
Xerxes I of Persia lived to the old age of 54.
Cyrus the Great was somewhere between the ages of 46 and 70.
Herodotus the historian lived to be around 64-69.

So saying the ancients lived to be only 30 is actually not exactly accurate either in of itself. It's a half-truth.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
FYI, I made and consumed 2 oz. of this stuff this morning, and I just got back from jumping rooftops in downtown Chicago/round-housing a would-be robber through a brick wall.

Don't take it if you can't handle the responsibility of having superpowers...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
too much vitamin C will constipate you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Hey glad to hear your results. Thanks for posting that youtube video. Flax is great I've made flax bread that was really good - like pita bread.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join