It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus trailer... Remind you of Ancient Aliens?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Granted, the whole bible story makes much more sense, if it is examined under the prism of Ancient Aliens theory. Suddenly, the fallen angels make much more sense, Esekiel's vision makes more sense and even the immaculate conception stops being a miracle except for the Aliens zapping down in a spacecraft, abducting poor Mary and impregnating her. A miracle for sure back than, simple science today. I'm not entirely sold on the theory, because of this whole "we don't know how the ancients could build the pyramids or ancient structures in Peru, so Aliens must have done it" mantra. I only keep an open mind about this, because I am fairly confident that we are not the only intelligent and technologically advance beings in the vast universe. I just doubt that they are visiting or have visited in the past, but I still have to admit that it is not entirely impossible.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just saw Prometheus tonight....no spoiler here, but it was GREAT!!!

I loved how it subtley introduced the Ancient Alien Theory with logic and reason, and even the atheist friends that I went to see it with were left scratching there heads....

we went for drinks afterwards and had a discussion on the movie, and it had even the most skeptic of the AAT saying how appeared more plausible.

A must see.....go see it!!
edit on 9-6-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have to say im dissapointed.
All the hype left me tingeling before i saw it.
When i did see it my conclusions is, he did
a poor job at the "Aliens" them. And ppl have
said there was the MOST horrible sceen ever.
I didnt find any sceen horrible.

Id say, between MIB III and Prometheus, MIB is
the better one...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
PROMETHEUS IS REAL !!!!!!!

sorry, had to, lol

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Have not seen MIB yet, but i enjoyed Prometheus emensely. Its Ancient Aliens mixed with the Alien saga and it worked for me.
Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We want it to be real don't we?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Well knowing our origins is one thing and ancient aliens is at least plausible. Meeting them is another.
I guess if we do meet non terrestrial beings we can count on our governments and leaders to lie to us and them and continue the corruption and killing of inocents.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
I have to say im dissapointed.
All the hype left me tingeling before i saw it.
When i did see it my conclusions is, he did
a poor job at the "Aliens" them. And ppl have
said there was the MOST horrible sceen ever.
I didnt find any sceen horrible.

Id say, between MIB III and Prometheus, MIB is
the better one...

I will say this...

For anyone already familiar with the Ancient Alien theory, it won't be any earth shattering info- in fact, you will be just watching for the thrill of the rest of the world being introduced to it.

But for anyone who has never heard of it, it will leave you wondering and discussing it. As I stated, I went with a meet-up group in my city and most are atheists who believe in evolution and that nothing is higher than mankind. As we discussed this movie, they were uneasy at how made them re-think the stories of the bible, and how all of the ancient civilizations talked about 'sky gods' when they had oceans, mountains, and time between them.,.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well, im an atheistic agnostic. Have a hard time beliveing in God and the Bible.
And im also on the fence "against" an "alien" design.

I think humans are more than capable of "messing" with stuff on its own.
Now i dont KNOW if we have been visited in the past, but i wont
say we HAVENT.

We´ll see when the sequal turns up. I mean, there HAZ to be one...Right.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If you accept the idea that some civilizations "out there" gain the ability to travel between stars, then you pretty much have to believe has almost certainly been visited before by ET civilizations - unless civilizations almost always collapse after achieving inter-stellar travel capability.

But I don't think the "alien creation" story line in Prometheus makes sense. Why would our genes match those of an alien race? Unless they also evolved on earth? I can accept the possibility of "alien tinkering" with the DNA of an ape to produce a human, but I certainly can't see the logic in our DNA matching an alien race, since 98% of our DNA matches that of chimpanzees.

But if there are aliens out there, I think they have our planet under quarantine. The keep us in isolation and only tease us with an occasional glimpse of their presence.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The movie was lame!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hi.

To me the movie was pretty empty.

Hey,interesting, but did not deliver for me.

In making a pre-type Alien movie on where this monster came from, should NOT involved being tied to man kind/DNA seeding,or the race who created us created it.
The plot is nutts, and no way can this be a prequal(how ever you spell it) to the Alien movie.

The biologist was a big doof in it.
See's a snake come out the black goo and wants to go probe and play with it?
The plot was lame and no indepth on the charators.

A lot of money was made on the Alien movie series.

The alien was probly a bio weapon or came from a harsh, hot and strange planet and like a bug/animal of some kind.
To many directions this movie has taken.

One can think on the vastness of outer space/other univeres,there are some scary things out there,
And they could even be quite small,a new little bug/fly,etc that would be deadly to our bio system and planet.

But its worth a watch,not joing the fan club though.

Sorry on my input,,Im sure there will those that like it.

But note,,I LOVED THE MOVIE "MYSTERY MEN" but many hated it.

S&F for the OP here even though I did not like it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
If you accept the idea that some civilizations "out there" gain the ability to travel between stars, then you pretty much have to believe has almost certainly been visited before by ET civilizations - unless civilizations almost always collapse after achieving inter-stellar travel capability.

But I don't think the "alien creation" story line in Prometheus makes sense. Why would our genes match those of an alien race? Unless they also evolved on earth? I can accept the possibility of "alien tinkering" with the DNA of an ape to produce a human, but I certainly can't see the logic in our DNA matching an alien race, since 98% of our DNA matches that of chimpanzees.

But if there are aliens out there, I think they have our planet under quarantine. The keep us in isolation and only tease us with an occasional glimpse of their presence.

The aliens' genes matched that of humans because they created us, by binding their DNA with another creature (primate) to create a slave-worker.

Ridley Scott did not go this far in the movie, but I am sure it will be explored in a sequel.

Actually, I'd much rather see a making of a movie called "The Anunnaki'...perhaps done in a trilogy..Prometheus was good, but it wasn't able to answer all the questions (understandably) and there were huge plot holes that would easily throw off someone who has no idea about the ancient alien theory.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

but I am sure it will be explored in a sequel.

No. Please no. But of course it will.

Prometheus..Promethei...More Promethei

BTW, anyone remember what happened to the original Prometheus?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by bluestreak53

The aliens' genes matched that of humans because they created us, by binding their DNA with another creature (primate) to create a slave-worker.

Ridley Scott did not go this far in the movie, but I am sure it will be explored in a sequel.

Actually, I'd much rather see a making of a movie called "The Anunnaki'...perhaps done in a trilogy..Prometheus was good, but it wasn't able to answer all the questions (understandably) and there were huge plot holes that would easily throw off someone who has no idea about the ancient alien theory.

If the aliens had combined their DNA with the DNA of a primate, then the human DNA would not match that of the alien DNA. From what I recall of the movie, it was quite explicit that the alien DNA and human DNA were "the same". Maybe they just exaggerated the match because they thought the audience would not comprehend a "connection" between alien and human, unless the DNA matched. If, so, I'd say they were "dumbing down" the story, making it less logical and rather in-feasible.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just watched Prometheus yesterday. I noticed its got "ancient aliens" written all over it.

Someone makes a flashy big-budget movie about this ancient aliens, they are showered with accolades and praise.

But if someone makes a documentary about ancient aliens... he gets this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That said , it was a pretty good movie... for the fact that its (remotely) tied to the Alien universe.

The treatment of the space jockey was pretty interesting...though many questions are left unanswered.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I can totally agree with you in saying that the AAT was very much 'dumbed-down' for the audience, which is why fans who are already familiar with the AAT may find it slow.....

Again, it was an 'ok' movie...not on a ground-breaking level for me, but that's because I already know about and support the theory.

So I can agree with you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Ancient Alien meme is spreading quickly. But be aware that the globalist elites do have holographic technologies that can be made to look like anything. One possible scenario for the globalist elite is to stage a fake alien invasion in which the aliens demand global government (with the globalist elites at the top of the pyramid). .

Or, if the "Gods" are coming back to throw the Illuminati into a pit of fire (along with their God Lucifer) look for them to try to get the earth to fight these "Gods."

Basically if the globalist elites say the "aliens" are good, you'll want to oppose them. If they say they are Bad, then the aliens are probably some threat to the globalist elite?
edit on 10-6-2012 by BoyTheEarthTalksTo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join