It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights Near Japanese Volcano

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Ok so if it supposed to be construction workers. WTH are they doing??? That is an incredibly super bright light so I can imagine that standing right at Ground 0 of that light source would be like standing on the sun brightness or close to it.

What about the lights to the right? If the video is that sped up then how can those be construction vehicles? If it is vehicles there sure are a huge amount of vehicles that travel really fast away from the construction site.

And finally, if it is a construction site, WTH are they working right beside an erupting volcano??

Questions still lingering for me as well. Some of the more recent comments at YT say that it's a scalar beam being directed at the Volcano to cause it to erupt.
It is very odd that the "construction" would coincide with an erupting volcano.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Ok so if it supposed to be construction workers. WTH are they doing??? That is an incredibly super bright light so I can imagine that standing right at Ground 0 of that light source would be like standing on the sun brightness or close to it.

What about the lights to the right? If the video is that sped up then how can those be construction vehicles? If it is vehicles there sure are a huge amount of vehicles that travel really fast away from the construction site.

And finally, if it is a construction site, WTH are they working right beside an erupting volcano??

Questions still lingering for me as well. Some of the more recent comments at YT say that it's a scalar beam being directed at the Volcano to cause it to erupt.
It is very odd that the "construction" would coincide with an erupting volcano.

well if it is a scalar beam (I don't have much knowledge on said beam) then that's pretty messed up. Either way I don't believe it's a construction site for the 3 points I have made so far nor do I believe it's a transformer blowing because of the duration and the changing of intensity
edit on 31-5-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
In the video on top I can't see any other vehicles on the road before the light starts, and I see no evidence of any construction crew.

Also, most construction crews I have ever seen have more than one light, they are distinct, and point down at the road where they are actually doing the construction, they don't point the lights up in the sky to a mountain that is across the valley.

Also, the Japanese are fairly safety conscious, and I don't think they would be doing any road work near an active volcano. I didn't see any traffic on the road in the foreground and it would appear the roads are closed due to safety issues.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpest
reply to post by lordaqua

Cray.

Are you aware of the location of his cam? Ie; for cross reference against topography, maps, etc... The whole time there looks to be a smaller light travelling to and from the object (assuming video is 30x), every hour or so... Is it a road?

Judging by the colour of the sky and the presence of stars, safe to assume this occurs at night? Interesting, the camera should automatically adjust the shutter/exposure to account for that MASSIVE light source... thus, we would expect that the background would dim out as the light got brighter... Hmmm.

Sauce on vid, anyhow??

-d.

Here is a picture of the camera direction:

The camera is located near the hospital.
edit on 31-5-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

I would imagine they are doing some sort of construction. Have you ever been on a night jobsite? They tend to be well lit. Yes, the lights are bright but did you miss the part about the camera being highly sensitive? The light is shining directly at the camera.

It looks to me like there is a highway beyond the jobsite.

Do you know how far away they are from the volcano?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is another image showing the camera location, marked with an X.

The yard or place where the malfunctioning transformer is is circled.

A road where some of the moving lights(vehicles) seen in the video is shown by an arrow.

edit on 31-5-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I would imagine they are doing some sort of construction. Have you ever been on a night jobsite? They tend to be well lit. Yes, the lights are bright but did you miss the part about the camera being highly sensitive? The light is shining directly at the camera.

Yes I've seen night construction. How do we know that the camera is sensitive? If it's far from the job site then that only has me wondering more because of the size and intensity of the light. I've never seen a night time job site where there is one light and that it looks to be of that size and intensity.

It looks to me like there is a highway beyond the jobsite

Ok so that still doesn't explain the speeds or amount of vehicles that would be needed to explain all the white lights coming from the main light source.

Do you know how far away they are from the volcano?

Is that volcano known for being active so they know that its not going to erupting huge amounts of lava or any other reason why they would still want to be that close to an erupting volcano? It still seems a bit dangerous to be that close when it's shooting fire/rocks into the sky

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

How do we know that the camera is sensitive?

One clue is because we can see stars. Another one is, as I posted before, the guy who makes the videos available says so.

Ok so that still doesn't explain the speeds or amount of vehicles that would be needed to explain all the white lights coming from the main light source.

It's time lapsed, things move faster when time lapsed.

It still seems a bit dangerous to be that close when it's shooting fire/rocks into the sky

How close? The eruption was on the other side of the volcano.

edit on 5/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sorry I don't know how to make the quoted stuff a bigger size. it just shrinks each time

How do we know that the camera is sensitive?

One clue is because we can see stars. Another one is, as I posted before, the guy who makes the videos available says so.

So what you are saying then is because of how far away the camera is from the construction site and the cameras intensity that it is one bright light? or are you saying because of how far away it is from the construction site that we can tell if there is more then one light source?

It's time lapsed, things move faster when time lapsed.

that's still a lot of vehicles coming from the construction site. Why do they have that many?

It still seems a bit dangerous to be that close when it's shooting fire/rocks into the sky

How close? The eruption was on the other side of the volcano.

Again that still seems a bit dangerous with it shooting off fire/rocks into the sky

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So what you are saying then is because of how far away the camera is from the construction site and the cameras intensity that it is one bright light?
I don't really understand the "how far away from the camera" part but it seems to be one light (more likely a bank of lights) which is pointed toward the camera.

that's still a lot of vehicles coming from the construction site. Why do they have that many?
They look to be vehicles on a road beyond the construction site.

Again that still seems a bit dangerous with it shooting off fire/rocks into the sky
I don't see any fire/rocks. I see smoke.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Time lapsed video from 3/11/11. Note: You can see a crane being used at beginning of video (under smoke plume). Lights come on around 6 minute mark...

edit on 31-5-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So what you are saying then is because of how far away the camera is from the construction site and the cameras intensity that it is one bright light?
I don't really understand the "how far away from the camera" part but it seems to be one light (more likely a bank of lights) which is pointed toward the camera.

They look to be vehicles on a road beyond the construction site.

I don't see any fire/rocks. I see smoke.

2 or 3 times if you watch the volcano a fireball/rock shoots or two shoots out from the volcano

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Looking at this video it is much clearer that there is some kind of light sensitivity on the camera by the glare the cars are giving of which wasn't visible in the initial video. Based on that I'm likely to say that it could easily be some high powered lamps at a construction site .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join