It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Will: Trump a ‘Bloviating Ignoramus With A Low IQ’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
my dad is a lifelong republican, told me he is not voting for trump last night

trump is killing the gop

is that the plan ?

holy necro thread, lol

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

trump is killing the gop

is that the plan ?

Actually Trump is killing the GOP Establishment, who have repeatedly failed to deliver on their promises - and have drifted into headlock/gridlock with the Democrats.

The real GOP, that is the citizens who vote GOP, cast the most Primary votes in history for Trump.

Perhaps your dad has just not caught on to how out of favour TPTB status quo is in America - on the right and on the left!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I realize this is a 4-year-old thread, but it is about George Will & Trump. Have you heard? George will has quit the GOP and officially changed his voting status to "unaffiliated", because of Trump.
Fox link

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Holy necro thread, indeed!

Liberal Republicans peeled away starting in the 1980s (the same time as the last of the "Dixiecrats" left the Democratic Party for the GOP). Next group to peel away were moderate Republicans. The GOP was self-narrowing to a party of the far/extreme right, killing off all its RINOs starting in the 1990s.

Conservatives like George Will saved themselves by throwing support to the far right/extremist reactionary ideas. In an age when Republicans deem John McCain a liberal, well, poor George just about had had enough, until, finally, he just couldn't bring himself to continue supporting what the GOP had become, and he left, too.

The GOP, the traditional party of big business and the country club set, never could or would do anything for the Reagan Democrats or the Dixiecrats (who increasingly became their voting base), outside of throwing up social and racial wedge issues to vote on, all the while undermining their wealth with Reaganomics. Enter Donald Trump to take over the voting base; exit George Will.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trump is disgusting and no genius, but you can't take someone seriously who thinks Trump has a "very low" IQ. At worst he has average intellect. He's likely above average intellect or even higher, if you listen to him when he was younger he had a very sharp wit, firing back with a fairly well nuanced perspective. You can see how he is now, and wonder if it's merely older age that's kicked in, or if it's more a condition of the environment/culture he's surrounded himself within.

The guy was born with a silver spoon, and had a ferocious ego to keep stomping around building crap, blowing it up, and starting all over again all the while maintaining he was the greatest. That doesn't bode too well for developing intellectually. He probably started off with fairly high intellect, but has ruined a bit of it through his pathological tendencies.
edit on 26-6-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Seems to me that an established politician is the only the person the political players want in office. Can't shake the system that is working to the benefit of those in office and their payers.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I , too, thought Will's comment about the "low IQ" a bit much. I thought perhaps it said more about an intellectual bias of George's , as in, "I have a PhD in Political Science. I'm brainy, and you, Mr Trump, are not!" Or just a hurtful remark said in anger.

Anyway, I, too, wonder about Trump's current sate of mind. And I wonder about all the involvement in his campaign by his family. Could they be protecting him from himself? I've seen adult children act as their parent's protector when mental abilities diminish.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
2 years ago, George Will wrote in a column that female victims of sexual abuse come forward with their story and accusations because they are "seeking the status and privilege society has conferred on them for their victimhood." In other words, the GOP is better without this idiotic bloviating jackass and his imbecilic self righteous nonsense.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, George.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've never believed that being on TV made a person's opinion greater than all others. No doubt he has a loyal following of sheeple.

Another 4 years down the tubes no matter which talking head get elected.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

trump is killing the gop

is that the plan ?

Actually Trump is killing the GOP Establishment, who have repeatedly failed to deliver on their promises - and have drifted into headlock/gridlock with the Democrats.

The real GOP, that is the citizens who vote GOP, cast the most Primary votes in history for Trump.

Perhaps your dad has just not caught on to how out of favour TPTB status quo is in America - on the right and on the left!

lol

the population goes up every year, and trumps competition was cruz and rubio. that is not much of a boast

my dad is super smart and isn't fooled by corny populist tripe. trumps historic 70% disapproval rating of a nominee is evidence to me he is either throwing the race on purpose or staggeringly incompetent

every candidate says they will change washington, and they never do. bubba turned out to be a classic DC deal maker and obama never did close gitmo, faced the worst obstructionism I have ever seen and bush was just a figure head for cheney

I think hillary has a double digit lead now

the GOP may never recover from trump

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

clinton has a polling average of 6.7 points atm-Real clear Politics

Trump is hitting a large amount of the non-voting whites. I don't think people understand that a lot of people do not vote. If one can tap into that typical non-voting electorate anything can happen.

Trump likely has an IQ of at least 115. His body language and talking style is an act, a beautiful one for those who understand non-verbal cues. He is aware and understands how to look like a leader.

Losing a few country club republicans is not a loss compared to his gain.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

The GOP killed themselves starting with the screw job they gave to Ron Paul in 2012.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join