It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Will: Trump a ‘Bloviating Ignoramus With A Low IQ’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
George Will Savages Trump: He’s A ‘Bloviating Ignoramus’ With A ‘Very Low’ IQ

Jake Tapper asked [George] Will why Romney, who most certainly wants to be taken as a serious candidate, would ally himself with someone as out there as Trump is. Will did not mince words, though he did mince Trump quite a bit.

“I do not understand the cost-benefit here. The costs are clear. The benefits, what voter’s going to vote for him because he’s seen with Donald Trump? The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious, it seems to me. Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”

Man, truer words have never been said:

“The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious, it seems to me. Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”

"Bloviating Ignoramus" -Until now I hadn't imagined it was possible to describe Trump so succinctly by only two words...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Trump is an arrogant, self obsorded person. Just listening to him promote his accomplishments every interview makes me think he was beat up as a kid or has low self esteem.

BUT! He makes some really good points about international affairs. We should make Iraq pay back our war costs with oil (yes it was unjust in the first place but we did spend the money), we should remind china that we run the show (there are plenty of other countries that can provide cheap labor), and we FOR SURE should tell OPEC and the Saudi king to go screw themselves (we only get maybe 10% of our oil from the middle east, the vast majority is domestic Mexico or Canada) and stop funding terrorism against ourselves.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think that Trump appearing with Romney is a terrific thing. We as Americans deserve to know what kind of people we are voting for, and this is telling to be sure.

This just proves that Romney has absolutely no spine, and if he can't tell someone as idiotic as Trump to STFU, how is he going to handle other world leaders?

TRUMP FOR VP!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Hilarious.. I had to look up what "bloviating" was, I've never heard this insult before lol..

bloviate
1857, Amer.Eng., a Midwestern word for "to talk aimlessly and boastingly; to indulge in 'high falutin'," according to Farmer (1890), who seems to have been the only British lexicographer to notice it. He says it was based on blow (v.) on the model of deviate, etc. It seems to have been felt as outdated slang already by late 19c. ("It was a leasure for him to hear the Doctor talk, or, as it was inelegantly expressed in the phrase of the period, 'bloviate....' " ["Overland Monthly," San Francisco, 1872, describing a scene from 1860]), but it enjoyed a revival early 1920s during the presidency of Warren G. Harding, who wrote a notoriously ornate and incomprehensible prose (e.e. cummings eulogized him as "The only man, woman or child who wrote a simple declarative sentence with seven grammatical errors") at which time the word took on its connection with political speech; it faded again thereafter, but, with its derivative, bloviation, it enjoyed a revival in the 2000 U.S. election season that continued through the era of blogging.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I never understood what voting segment politicians thought they were appealing to with weird appearences like this. Obama clooney, Romney trump. Yeah forgot economy etc. I'm voting for that guy because him and apprentice guy are on my tv at the same time.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

BUT! He makes some really good points about international affairs. We should make Iraq pay back our war costs with oil (yes it was unjust in the first place but we did spend the money),

So, you want Iraq to pay for the cost of being illegally invaded by foreign power?

LOL.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

We should make Iraq pay back our war costs with oil (yes it was unjust in the first place but we did spend the money

Whaaaat? I suppose we should pay back Britain for the their cost to invade us in the war of 1812?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I laugh as I say it but yes... We did invade them under totally unjust circumstances and it was wrong on many levels. But its not like they were a happy, peaceful country. We SHOULDN'T have gone to war with Iraq, but we did help the majority of Iraq's out and I think we should be compensated for it...

If you have ever seen the movie The Rock, you should know mercenaries get paid! And after all aren't we just that. Not like we couldn't use the money or oil...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

I laugh as I say it but yes... We did invade them under totally unjust circumstances and it was wrong on many levels. But its not like they were a happy, peaceful country. We SHOULDN'T have gone to war with Iraq, but we did help the majority of Iraq's out and I think we should be compensated for it...

If you have ever seen the movie The Rock, you should know mercenaries get paid! And after all aren't we just that. Not like we couldn't use the money or oil...

Dude, that war we started caused almost 1 million Iraqi deaths and you want them to pay us for the chaos and instability we caused over the last 10 years? If anything and as much as I'd be against it, we really should owe them money for letting the neocons pretty much do whatever they wanted to do where ever they wanted to do it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

The war happened. We can't go back and un-invade. And yes a lot of people died but that had way more to do with Sunni's and Shia's hating each other since the fifth century than anything we did. Im not justifying the invasion by any means just simply stating that nothing can changed that it happened.

If you go ask Shia's and Turk's was it all worth it I bet at least 50% would say yes. Shia make up 70% of the control but yet they were brutalized by a 15% minority Sunni government.

So, as I said we acted as mercenaries for the Shia (YES IT WAS WRONG BUT IT HAPPENED) so we should get paid for our services. You act like this doesn't happen all the time. Its a horrible practice but only idiots fight a mercenary war and then doesn't ask for some help with the bills.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I personally dont see how you can classify a billionare as a ignoramus. I know he is loud and annoying at times. Definately self centered, but he is not a dumb man. Some of his policies toward China and others have merit. On top of that it would be nice to see some one in office turn a profit for the people for a change rather than run up a higher deficit.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
George Will, long known to look up big words to astound the (more ignorant than him) public--that was his intent wasn't it?--has an ego about the size of Trump but keeps it underwraps fairly well, usually.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

George Will is stating the obvious

For those who don't know, Trump hasn't been a successful real estate developer in years...he has a BRANDING company that makes money through franchise fees. His own properties aren't that profitable.

In essence, this is how his real estate franchise company works:

1) Get some fool to develop a building.
2) Trump offers to put the "Trump" stamp on it.
3) Fool pays Trump a franchise fees.

They do that because Trump is riding an "old glory" wave from waaaaaay back in the time when he used to be a decent real estate developer.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
trump sounds like he's read a few threads, made up his mind, and then shoots his mouth off

not a solid strategy, lol

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Donald Trump beats George Will
www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump volleyed back, via Twitter, calling Will “the dumbest (and most overrated) political commentator of all time,” “strictly third rate,” and noting, “George Will totally ‘bombed’ at The Mar-a-Lago Club. I was there to watch. He was embarrassed and no longer likes Donald Trump.”

Why did Trump win?

The only thing worse than being called a “bloviating ignoramus,” Donald Trump realized early on, is not being talked about at all.

I don't imagine anyone ever gets the last word with Donald Trump.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

“The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious, it seems to me. Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”

Sounds like typical,elitist rhetoric who when they don't want to argue positions they resort to denigration.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96Sounds like typical,elitist rhetoric who when they don't want to argue positions they resort to denigration.

I know irony when I see it.

Using rhetoric instead of substantive positions to criticize someone for using rhetoric instead of substantive positions?

Well done.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The cost of appearing with this bloviating ignoramus is obvious, it seems to me. Donald Trump is redundant evidence that if your net worth is high enough, your IQ can be very low and you can still intrude into American politics.”

Where is the substance?

I know irony when I see it. Using rhetoric instead of substantive positions to criticize someone for using rhetoric instead of substantive positions?

Again where is the substance?

All i see is someone taking a pot shot because they have a different belief system.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
June 26, 2016

Is George Will becoming old and bitter? This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's left the Republican Party because he didn't like what Donald Trump says.

Source: www.cnn.com...

I used to like George back in the day.

-cwm

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
my dad is a lifelong republican, told me he is not voting for trump last night

trump is killing the gop

is that the plan ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join