It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: 160 girls poisoned at Afghan school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

At least that is what you have been led to believe anyway.
You know better than to be led astray. Shame on you.

Hoo Haa www.youtube.com...

Screaming Eagles

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

The girls, ages 10 to 20, complained of headaches, dizziness and vomiting before being taken to the hospital, said Hafizullah Safi, director of the provincial health department.

now this

The York State Department of Health says since September, 12 girls suddenly developed tics. Some are so bad, they had to be pulled out of school and tutored at home.

hummm......... i think since this was doon over there and a lot of people seem happy to hear it but dont be destrated.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

So apparently this happened last week with 120 people affected. Yay Taliban! The Taliban is of course blaming the US and NATO, and I have a feeling there are members here that are going to actually believe that. It would seem the Taliban is fairly particular over what the school can teach, and who they may teach. I don't understand why women are not allowed to have an education under Taliban thinking. Is it that they fear they won't put up with their crap anymore?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

If you read the whole article it says specifically that Women are not the only target, but also boys. At the end of the article you posted as source said "earlier this month nearly 400 boys at a school in Khost province fell ill after drinking water from a well that a health official said may have been poisoned."

I'm concerned that you're intentionally trying to distort an already distorted news. Taliban has never been against education for women, they've only been against unmarital relationships between men and women, including unmarital relations revolving around educational centres.

Considering the fact that the Taliban are never ashamed of their belief and their missions, I expect the Taliban to take responsibility "if they were behind this attack".

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah I'm not going to argue that. I certainly don't think 'snapping' justifies going out and murdering people. Neither does poisoning drinking water because you can't stand the thought of wiminz reading a book. I'm glad it seems the vast majority of people over there are tired of this sort of nonsense.

Nor does surgical bombing of civilian water facilities in Iraq, which was a class I war crime against humanity, GO TEAM USA!!! Pesky Taliban not wanting to grow Opium, tut tut

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jihadbilkalam
I'm concerned that you're intentionally trying to distort an already distorted news. Taliban has never been against education for women,

I too am concerned:

During the Taliban's rule from 1996 to 2001, many Afghan girls were not allowed to attend school. The schools began reopening after the regime was toppled by the U.S.-led invasion in 2001. However, observers say abuse of women remains common in the post-Taliban era and is often accepted in conservative and traditional families, where women are barred from school and sometimes subjected to domestic violence.

Afghan Education Minister Dr. Farooq Wardak told the Education World Forum in London in January 2011 that the Taliban had abandoned its opposition to education for girls, but the group has never confirmed that.

edition.cnn.com...

It would appear that the Taliban objects to secular curriculums

In Wardak province, the Taliban has been a little more compromising, locals say, and has allowed some schools to open late after making changes to the curriculum.

"The Taliban are fine with us as long as we do what they want. They tell us what to teach and what not to. If we don't do what they say they have a representative who comes checking things," one teacher said. "They have increased the number of hours we teach religious subjects in a week and decreased other subjects like English. If we didn't, they would threaten teachers, and it is very much possible that they would close the school down."

CNN's cameras were allowed in one classroom in Wardak but those interviewed will not be identified for their own safety.

In this classroom, teaching is allowed but a Taliban minder oversees the syllabus. One student in the class says he does not mind.

"The Taliban have only increased the religious subjects in our day-to-day schedule, which is very good as people should learn religious subjects," he said.

The minder said he was implementing instructions from Taliban leader Mullah Omar as are many others across Afghanistan.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

So what is the solution? Grow more opium to keep the CIA rich and implement a US style education system where most are equally unable to afford it?

BTW is this company a CIA front?
en.wikipedia.org...
Nice logo anyways

It is believed the CIA made a LOT of money in various illegal enterprises, even going back to sharing Nazi/Swiss accounts 3 ways. Stolen art etc.

edit on 31-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Taliban are a bunch of sick psychopaths, that is undeniable. The thing is we were never meant to be in Afghanistan to bring education to girls.

Loads of children have just been slaughtered in Syria by government forces, yet I don't see anyone on here calling for US military action.

Maybe it's time we realised that if the people of Afghanistan do not want to change and want to cling on to a medieval lifestyle, there is not a great deal we can do about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Not sure why you have addressed your question to me? I have absolutely no sympathy for the invading forces nor for the spurious reasons set forth prior to invasion. My post was to challenge the varacity of the poster I responded to, who had claimed the Taliban were not averse to education for girls.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

So apparently this happened last week with 120 people affected. Yay Taliban! The Taliban is of course blaming the US and NATO, and I have a feeling there are members here that are going to actually believe that. It would seem the Taliban is fairly particular over what the school can teach, and who they may teach. I don't understand why women are not allowed to have an education under Taliban thinking. Is it that they fear they won't put up with their crap anymore?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You would think al-CIAda know this too. They can false flag and play that game too.

This is propaganda.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join