It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: 160 girls poisoned at Afghan school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Official: 160 girls poisoned at Afghan school

www.cnn.com

A hospital in northern Afghanistan admitted 160 schoolgirls Tuesday after they were poisoned, a Takhar province police official said.

Their classrooms might have been sprayed with a toxic material before the girls entered, police spokesman Khalilullah Aseer said. He blamed the Taliban.

The incident, the second in a week's time, was reported at the Aahan Dara Girls School in Taluqan, the provincial capital.

The girls, ages 10 to 20, complained of headaches, dizziness and vomiting before being taken to the hospital, said Hafizullah Safi, director of the provincial health department.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So apparently this happened last week with 120 people affected. Yay Taliban! The Taliban is of course blaming the US and NATO, and I have a feeling there are members here that are going to actually believe that. It would seem the Taliban is fairly particular over what the school can teach, and who they may teach. I don't understand why women are not allowed to have an education under Taliban thinking. Is it that they fear they won't put up with their crap anymore?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the weaknesses of a species destined on destroying itself. SMH FAIL
hope they are going to be ok. Amazing how ignorance runs here on EA*RTH what is the fix to it and will the fix make for a pleasant interaction with the fixers and those who live in the fix zone?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thats a win for humanity all around...

Nothing surprises me any more.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And sadly, this is the second time this month.

The fact that few media outlets reported it the first time tells us something about how information is reaching us...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The Afghan people know that the terrorists and the Taliban are doing these things to threaten girls and stop them going to school," Aseer said last week. "That's something we and the people believe. Now we are implementing democracy in Afghanistan and we want girls to be educated, but the government's enemies don't want this."

That is just sad what if some of them died who did nothing wrong. I simply can not respect people who do this.

We do indeed know who did that no matter how the Taliban spins it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

In April, also in Takhar province, more than 170 women and girls were hospitalized after drinking apparently poisoned well water at a school. L

And these are only the cases that have been reported. I wonder what sort of threats are issued against young women and their families.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

FALSE FLAG!

Why not?

All the cool kids are screaming it

And there are those who call the Taliban "Brave"

edit on 30-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And there are those who sympathize with soldiers like Robert Bale.

"poor guy.... brave soldier stressed out in a combat zone"

Just saying.

edit on 30-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah I'm not going to argue that. I certainly don't think 'snapping' justifies going out and murdering people. Neither does poisoning drinking water because you can't stand the thought of wiminz reading a book. I'm glad it seems the vast majority of people over there are tired of this sort of nonsense.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Let the Taliban poison young girls.

I mean, it's their country, right?

We should just mind our own business, right?

If we weren't there, the girls would have never been poisoned, right?

We should leave their counry so they can go back to the 4th century. The 21st is obviously to "busy" for them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why would peaceful muslims poison little girls?
Why would peaceful muslims savagely circumcise little girls?
Why would peaceful muslims abduct an entire village of their little boys?
Why would peaceful muslims surround a car with a Christian dad and his two sons an burn them alive?
Why would peaceful muslims................................................................................................................?

Perhaps there are no peaceful muslims?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Shame on you

The Taliban are just a bunch of misunderstood pranksters.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by beezzer

Shame on you

The Taliban are just a bunch of misunderstood pranksters.

Those wacky Taliban!

Always with the jokes!

Pull my finger-bomb a market, it's all the same. We should just leave them alone!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I can't believe this is still going on..

President Kerry pulled the most of the troops out of the Middle East in 2005. Looks like Bush really messed things up even more over here.. how did you let this happen?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The Taliban denies all education to females. Period end of subject. This seems like something a person could expect from that group. Imagine after we leave.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Why would peaceful muslims poison little girls?
Why would peaceful muslims savagely circumcise little girls?
Why would peaceful muslims abduct an entire village of their little boys?
Why would peaceful muslims surround a car with a Christian dad and his two sons an burn them alive?
Why would peaceful muslims................................................................................................................?

Perhaps there are no peaceful muslims?
edit on 30-5-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Sad you have never met any Muslims it would seem. Had I noticed your post I'd not have posted in this thread.

The Taliban and all of radical Islam are not part of the Muslim mainstream in any way. I have made many Muslim freinds who are just as disgusted at their behavior as anyone else.

What you are doing is the same as the Christian Haters do by judging all by the actions of few. The Taliban is not representative except to genuine bigoted types.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am left wondering how the Taliban got it's hands on such a chemical / biological agent. I wonder who gave it to them or do they have a hidden industrial complex with dozens of scientists making the stuff. I think not!

Who does have large industrial complexes with dozens of scientists making this sort of stuff. I have no doubt that extremists deployed the stuff, none at all. I don't believe they made it.

P

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The last time I checked, and I may be wrong, the Taliban didn't use chemical weapons. That has never been their main method of operation. Why go through the trouble of using a poison when you can blow the place up and ensure you kill your intended victims?

Although I do know that those crazy men over there don't want educated women, so maybe they didn't want to kill them. Just scare them. Or maybe they did want to kill them, just not blow them up. Strange imo, but as I said, I'm not sure they have never done this before, I just cannot remember them having done it.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Hey Luigi, What did we say?
No Women or Children.
Absolutely correct Luigi.

Send them a postcard,cap and gown.

S A V V Y ?
S&F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join