It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the Roman Empire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Firstly, this is my very first thread on ATS, but that doesn't mean you should exempt me from constructive, non bigoted criticism. This thread could have either gone in General Conspiracies or Conspiracies in Religion, I chose this one because one of the pillars of my thesis is the Roman Catholic Church. Also, I'm not exactly the worlds best writer, but if you check your ego at the door, you should be able to get the point of what I'm saying.

Anyways, here we go.

The Roman Empire considered the Church of Christ to be a severe threat to it's power; countless numbers of Christians were crucified, burned at the stake, and thrown to the wolves all to protect the legitimacy of the Throne. However, over time, the amount of open and underground Christians became to much for Empire to contain, which eventually led to Constantine I becoming the first Emperor to embrace Christianity as the official religion of the Empire. While this act and the fall of the Roman Empire may seem irrelevant, I will show you how, in my opinion, they are directly related and in fact tie everything together.

Recently I went to Italy with some buddies for a trip. We went and saw the Vatican, and I couldn't help but noticing that the double headed eagle was everywhere; it was sometimes blended in very well, but it was there. I then remembered an article I saw a while ago (can't remember how long) that stated that Queen Elizabeth II, and most European heads-of-state, past and present, can be directly linked to the Caesars or other prominent figures of the Roman Empire.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This really got me thinking. Big time. Does this explain why the bible is filled with so much Pagan ideals and symbolism? Is this why the Christian "God" condones Genocide, child and animal sacrifice, etc (all pagan values)? It would certainly make sense. This actually explains everything. The pedophilia, the murder, wars, pillage, the crusades, etc. Most importantly, it explains why they "think" that they are Royalty - because they are.

You can trace all US presidents to European Royalty, so you can most likely trace them back to the Roman Empire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is my contention, cats and kittens, that the Roman Catholic Church, is none other than the Roman Empire in disguise. If you REALLY think about it, it makes total sense, and, as I said earlier, it explains a hell of a lot, if not everything.

And even though this is a huge discovery, for me, it has presented many, many new questions. I was never really religious in the mainstream sense, and I now have no doubts that it is in fact an elaborate hoax. Based on my research I believe that Theosophy is the true religion; any one who has meditated, experienced the love of an animal or another human being has felt something that is explainable by the blind folds called science and mainstream religion. I have no doubt that the Ancients knew these things, and that these people are responsible for suppressing this knowledge.

It is also my contention that they allow this knowledge to be leaked, for the few that dare to find the truth will be so enraged that they will be completely blinded from the truth, which is that everything they give us (including society, money, entertainment, petroleum based technology, etc) is a grand deception. The deception to convince us that happiness can only be achieved exoterically, that someone else always knows best, that you have no control over your life - it is in the hands of some jealous tyrant called God. Since learning this I have truly became the change I wanted to see in this world; I have moved to a farm, away from the city. Away from ignorant human beings. If I can not grow my food, I do not eat it. I have adopted a Hermetic philosophy. I have been called crazy, retarded, stupid etc, but the truth is that I am most sane, and intelligent person I know.

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
yep, Rome is the church...they have washington as their military and london is their bank,,,,
I trade currency accounts for others and my system catches the London open because they swing the price levels more than new york

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
they have washington as their military

From the 13 colonies to Caesar's new 13th legion.

I read a really good thread on the very same subject you present a while ago, and it postulated that the persecution of the Christians was to eliminate most of the original Christians so that the Empire could recreate Christianity from whole cloth just the way they wanted it so that it could be their religion of control

I found a link to that thread I am referring to: All Roads Lead to Rome
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Rome never truely died. It got to large to manage to quickly, and had rampant corruption.

The empire is alive and kicking yet. Just look at how many countries are still tied to the eagle/empire.

Russia,America,Germany,UK ect.

As well looking at royalty sees they are and have been connected thoughout know history.

Cheers.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Your assessment is pretty accurate from my understanding of Roman history.There are a few points I'd like to make about what I've observed while learning about ancient Roman history, especially during the Roman civil wars. It's a good time period to examine because there were a lot of moving pieces, and a lot of those pieces shaped the western world we know today. The first glaring event we should probably look at would be the crucifixion of Christ. During the crucifixion Caesar Augustus was the supreme leader of all Rome. He was the epitome of what the Roman emperor was. So much to the fact that he was given the nickname The Father of Rome. He was the adopted child of Julius Caesar, which in Roman culture was viewed as no different than a natural child. This made him a son of a god, indeed Julius Caesar was a deity and considered a god among the common Roman people.The most notable point to make is the fact that although it wasn't unusual to have multiple people be considered relation to a god, Augustus never makes mention of Christ in his writings. Surely the execution of a proclaimed son of a god would not have escaped Augustus. The crucifixion happened on his watch in his land and no good documentation of it. It's just an observation I've made. Another key person to examine would be Julius Caesar him self. The First thing that jumps out at you are the initials J.C. for obvious reasons. The second thing to take note is that Caesar was an extraordinary general in the field of battle. Pared with Alexander the Great, they are considered the top two military generals in history. Unlike Alexander he was not born a king, thus the power he garnered was not inherited. He also proved to be a very effective politician, positioning himself in strong positions within a very competitive and cutthroat Roman political environment. The arguments to make about his military ability remain unmatched even today. Many times had Caesar been severely outnumbered, many times not only was he victorious, but more often than not the battles were utter routes. These are the examples of a supreme individual, who if you want to understand more about western empire history, you study. A glaring example of the ultimate leader. Very rarely do we see military success upon success. Many great generals could never match the military record of Gaius Julius Caesar. Many of the things we have today were derived from of the influence of Caesar. The month July was named after him. He instituted the Julian calendar, a calendar that is still prevalent today. The saying "crossing the Rubicon" coined from his march upon Rome when he seized power from the Roman Senate and Pompey. They next important event or group that had a lot of influence on the western culture were the Jews during this time period. There were many Jewish Merchants during the height of the Roman Empire, operating along the famed Roman trade routs that were the beginning of uniting the known world, east and west. This is where effective commerce had it's roots in being refined within the Jewish culture. I have no doubt that these merchants had a say in how the Roman Empire would evolve for many generations. I can go on and on while going into fine detail about Ancient Roman History and how much of a profound impact it has had on the world today, no matter what continent you live on. I think some things happened that we as common people are not aware of, especially when you consider the Vatican's rise to power almost unchecked. There is more to the story than we know, but the story we do know is quite amazing.
edit on 30-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

Oh my goodness, why do I need to correct virtually everyone on this fact of Christianity??.....

Constantine didnt make Christianity the official religion of the empire. He got converted and LEGALIZED it. His 2nd sucessor, a dude named Theodosius I was the one who made Christianity to official religion of the Empire. It happened with his " Edict of Thessolinica".

Again, Constantine ONLY, and I emphatically repeat.. ONLY legalized Christianity.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
literally or figuratively ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Give either view if its yours, Im interested to know.

Weather its tended or not Id like to hear.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

He may not have made it the official State Church, but he made it the dominant religion within the empire. To say he ONLY legalised Christianity is a falsity. I'm suprised to hear it from you my friend. He was instrumental in forming Orthodox beliefs. The religion which became the official State Church was basically formed under his rule and ecumenical councils. Constantine was the ruler by which future Christian Monarchs were measured. Christendom was birthed by Constantine the Great.
edit on 1-6-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

Christianity was viewed as a threat by Rome because it denied the existence of other gods. In an Empire comprising of many states, with varying religious practices, this was seen as a dangerous escalation and a potential threat to break up the Empire, hence the purges undertaken (particularly in the 2nd Century AD). By the time Constantine ascended to the Imperial Office, Christians were the majority religion in positions of power. At the time, Rome was undergoing another civil war. By adopting Christianity, Constantine gained a large, powerful body to unite under his banner which tipped the balance in his power. The trade off for this support being that Christianity became the principal religion of Rome and persecution stopped.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Caesar Augustus was the title early emperors used to show they were from the line of Caesar (Julius). The Emperor in 33 AD was Tiberius (a very interesting character) who was the step son of Octavian. For example, he exiled himself from Rome for the last 9 years of his reign......

edit on 1-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think you miss the point. Constantine became the first Emperor to become a Christian. However, his role as Emperor also comprised his role as Pontifex Maximus (head of Religion) - therefore the head of religion within the Empire being Christian set the precedent for those that followed. It also set the example to the citizens of the Empire. More than anything, it showed that the persecution of Christians would not be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

He may not have made it the official State Church, but he made it the dominant religion within the empire. To say he ONLY legalised Christianity is a falsity. I'm suprised to hear it from you my friend. He was instrumental in forming Orthodox beliefs. The religion which became the official State Church was basically formed under his rule and ecumenical councils. Constantine was the ruler by which future Christian Monarchs were measured. Christendom was birthed by Constantine the Great.
edit on 1-6-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

No Christiandom was birthed by the apostles. Constantine only legalized the religion and forbade the persecution of Christians. Theodosius I made Christianity to religion of the Empire, which was actually the worst possible thing that could have been done to it. The Roman Catholic church was the result. And 1200 years later almost 20 million Christians would be dead because of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Christianity was a cocophony of different beliefs before Constantine. The councils he gathered and presided over(though I don't think dictated) changed all that. I would say that Eastern Orthodoxy is more the result of what he started. The west had less of an influence during that time. Constantine is even a Saint in the Orthodox church.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
quote]Originally posted by albertabound
This really got me thinking.  Big time.  Does this explain why the bible is filled with so much Pagan ideals and symbolism?  Is this why the Christian "God" condones Genocide, child and animal sacrifice, etc (all pagan values)?  It would certainly make sense.  This actually explains everything.  The pedophilia, the murder, wars, pillage, the crusades, etc.  Most importantly, it explains why they "think" that they are Royalty - because they are.

Please, enlighten me as to where in scripture the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob condones child sacrifice? And where does He condones pagan ideals and symbols? As for animal sacrifices I guess you cannot understand "I desired mercy, not sacrifice". And as for using the term "genocide" for God's actions that's just pure and simple rebellion from the mind of man who, once again in history, declares himself to be above God and able to judge Him.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

You can't reconcile the above statement with your personal beliefs of the Bible. Wouldn't you rather seek the truth than carry on believing lies? This is the question everyone has to ask themselves today, for scripture is clear - those who perish are those who never learned to love truth. Their selfish pride was stronger than the love of truth, and their own love of wickedness and inequity was stronger than desiring to know the truth. Pride is a killer for it doesn't allow one to even consider that they are wrong - about anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This may be a sideline but I keep hearing from others about the bloodlines and such.The UFOs are seeking everyone with the blood of Abraham,the Marovingian Dynasty,and the Rothchild lineage that sort of thing.Is this part of that?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

He "stopped" Abraham in his "test of faith" and child sacrifice... Why not Jeptha?

(Judges 11:29-40): At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephtha, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephtha made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
"So Jephtha led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith - twenty towns - and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephtha returned home to Mizpah, his daughter - his only child - ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephtha said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephtha's daughter.

Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group"... Do I really need to list the multiple times God commanded or carried out this? You can try to argue that the genocide God brought about was "a moral cleansing", but to say that God didn't partake in acts of genocide is laughable and moronic. It has nothing to do with passing judgement. What God supposedly did acccording to the Bible is the meaning of genocide.
edit on 1-6-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Christianity was a cocophony of different beliefs before Constantine. The councils he gathered and presided over(though I don't think dictated) changed all that. I would say that Eastern Orthodoxy is more the result of what he started. The west had less of an influence during that time. Constantine is even a Saint in the Orthodox church.

Perhaps they do venetate the chap. Hes just a man, and even if they do venerate the dude he still didnt make Christianity the official religion of the Empire, Theodosius I did that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You're correct, but my point was he did a heck of a lot more than simply legalising Christianity.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You're correct, but my point was he did a heck of a lot more than simply legalising Christianity.

That may be your point, but that doesnt have much to do with me. I was correcting the OP who said Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Empire. Thats completely false, Theodosius I did that with his edict of Thessolinica. Constantine only legalized the religion and ended the persecutions.

edit on 1-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join