It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to cut a piece out of YouTube vid ..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi there,

Anybody of you guys know how I can cut a certain part from a YT vid..?

Thanks...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You could download it and then use windows movie maker to chop it up.

edit on 30-5-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

There are various browser extensions and websites that allow you to download almost anything from youtube.

I was using pwnyoutube quite a bit, was really easy just go to the video and add "pwn" to the url before youtube. It redirects you to a page that allows you to download the video sometimes letting you pick the format.

All videos will be .flv which is flash, you'll need a flash editor or convertor for that. I'd suggest mp4, best quality for the size and the most compatible format, almost any editor will be able to chop it up.

This site is great. It has links to software (free or trial), tutorials and guides for just about any possible conversion.
videohelp

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'd recommend using Keepvid.com to grab the mp4 file. It will be a lot easier than trying to edit the flv, plus they are usually better quality.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Make sure you get permission off the owner of the video first.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

There is a record button present when playing a YT vid... whats that for, any idea? I thought one could press it during playback and the result would be the cut desired... but that is appearently not how it works.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't have any kind of record button when playing a youtube video, I've heard a handful of people mention one here and there, I think it must be some kind of browser add on they didn't know they installed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are ZILLION of free editing programs etc. Its simple and takes seconds: any video, movie or editing download or software lets you cut it however and wherever you want under minutes.

ie: Window movie maker etc....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
PS in the time it takes you t read this....I couldve cut it for you. Good luck!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thanks for your uplifting reply...

With other words...

Don't worry, any novice can do it... experts can do it blind-folded.... don't be afraid, being able to submit an ATS- thread you will have no problems cutting a YT-vid?

Thanks, again I feel confident already. The world is my oyster... every woman wants to be the mother of my child... I can do anything I set my mind on...

Wow... I will be the master of the universe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by zatara

There are various browser extensions and websites that allow you to download almost anything from youtube.

I was using pwnyoutube quite a bit, was really easy just go to the video and add "pwn" to the url before youtube. It redirects you to a page that allows you to download the video sometimes letting you pick the format.

All videos will be .flv which is flash, you'll need a flash editor or convertor for that. I'd suggest mp4, best quality for the size and the most compatible format, almost any editor will be able to chop it up.

This site is great. It has links to software (free or trial), tutorials and guides for just about any possible conversion.
videohelp

Thanks for the VIDEOHELP-link... much info on video editing.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Actually...it is pretty easy. It just takes family video you save in it....and it automatically cuts it into single pictures (frames of the video)...you just click the spot (picture) you want to start saving...and click again where you want it to end (at that picture)...and name it...save it...and there you go.

It is much like looking at pictures and saying "That one!" and then "That one too!!" and end it there. Done.

Again, good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Downloading the vid off YouTube will be in FLV format which won't open in windows movie maker. You will need to convert it to WMv otrvwhatever it is, first

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

If you have the latest real player with the downloader , converter. You just open URL of YouTube vid in that & a little box pops up on top to download, that brings up the converter to convert. There are other programs besides real player. I just find real player easiest for me.

If you just want a picture, take a screenshot

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

You can only embed part of youtube video using howtoguides2learn.hubpages.com... in your blog and showcase it to your friends. This way you won't face any copyright issues. If you only want to cut a part of the video, download the video using realplayer and cut or chop the video using Windows Movie maker. You can see this video for doing that on WMM www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hello,use splicd software..
(1) Determine which part of the video you want to cut.
(2) Copy and paste the URL of the video into Splicd
(3) Enter the start and ending points for the video part that interests you.
(4) Wait until Splicd cuts the video part.
(5) Get a link to share that video part with others.

Check out Splicd @ www.splicd.com

new topics

top topics

join