It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California MMA Fighter Faces Trial in Grim Slaying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

California MMA Fighter Faces Trial in Grim Slaying

abcnews.go.com

A mixed-martial artist accused of ripping out his friend's still-beating heart and removing the man's tongue and skin while he was alive is competent to stand trial on murder, mayhem and torture charges, a Northern California judge has ruled.

Del Norte County Judge William Follett reinstated criminal proceedings against Jarrod Wyatt, 27, of Klamath, in the death of his friend and sparring partner, Taylor Powell, 21. The judge's decision Tuesday came after a pair of psychiatrists determined Wyatt was mentally competent to stand trial, the Eureka Times-Standard reported.The trial was set for Sept. 10.

Authorities who went to a home near the mouth of the Klamath River on March 21, 2010, found Powell dead on the couch with his chest cut open and his heart, tongue and the skin of his face removed, according to court records.

Wyatt — naked and covered in blood — acknowledged that he had killed Powell and cut out his heart and tongue, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.seattlepi.com
www.google.com[edit by]edit on 30-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is unusually similar to the guy in Florida who was found naked eating the victims face. Both were naked whilst committing the crime, and both seemed to concentrate on the face. I'm not saying this is the beginning of some zombie apocalypse like some people have been postulating, but something really strange is going on here. Is this the result of some kind of MK-ULTRA experiment?

abcnews.go.com

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Looks like MXE, see link to wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems it makes body temp rise, hence the nakedness in these cases. Described as 'dissociative anesthetic'

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

This is unusually similar to the guy in Florida who was found naked eating the victims face. Both were naked whilst committing the crime, and both seemed to concentrate on the face. I'm not saying this is the beginning of some zombie apocalypse like some people have been postulating, but something really strange is going on here. Is this the result of some kind of MK-ULTRA experiment?

abcnews.go.com

That's because he was on drugs when that took place. I remember reading about that a few years back. I wonder if it's the same drug used in that freak attacked that involved eating someones face. I wouldn't be suprised if it was both the same drug. I'd look it up, but it;s 3am and I'm trying to finish watching a movie. I'm rather curious if it's the same drug or not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
1st- What did the guy do to deserve such a haines death?
2nd- What is with all these crazy happenings?
What if it was like the movie southland tales and the world slowed down to 000.000006 degrees thus causing people to go insane and riot.

Might as well throw it up there with the rest of the SE u.s. non sense.

Still waiting on the toxicology report about face eating greased up deaf guy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho
Still waiting on the toxicology report about face eating greased up deaf guy.

LOL.

I wonder if it was Joe that shot him.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LemaEcho
1st- What did the guy do to deserve such a haines death?

I knew Jarrod Wyatt since we were playing youth football together & he was always getting into fights and used to be small and not tough at all until he grew up and trained in MMA & at my father's gym but he was kicked out of there because they thought he'd use his skills to hurt or kill someone but another gym took him in & didn't mind his attitude apparently.His gf was supposedlly there & he walked in on the two kissing but not making out & locked her in a closet and killed the guy. Poor Man!
augdog69 1 month ago

nah man, i knew this due , he did roids for a long time cause he was an MMA fighter and he did meth, on top of the shrooms,BAM! snapcase, they did alot of shrooms too that night.pity.
RedwoodRydah in reply to roopdogg562 1 year ago

Timeline

•Wyatt, Powell, a third acquaintance, and Wyatt’s ex-girlfriend all drank mushroom tea. Wyatt had been in a good mood before ingesting it, but the men’s behavior changed almost immediately. Wyatt began complaining that his eyes were burning, and tried to prevent the third man from leaving, even jumping on top of his car as he drove away.

•Wyatt told police he didn’t want the man to leave because he was convinced a tidal wave was coming. Powell held him down on the kitchen floor, saying none of them could be saved from the wave, and that the world was going to come to an end.

•At one point, Wyatt yelled at Powell to get his guitar. Powell responded angrily, asking “You wanna #ing die?” repeatedly.

•Wyatt told police that he had been tormented by spirits in the house, and that “Satan was in that dude [Powell].”

•Wyatt and Powell fought, at point using a rear chokehold familiar from their MMA training together.

•The ex-girlfriend testified that Wyatt and Powell started wrestling on the kitchen floor, though they were later talking about surfing. Later on she saw Powell standing over Wyatt, spitting on him, and “heard sounds she thought were sexual in nature.”

•Wyatt removed Powell’s heart while he was still alive, according to the coroner’s report. He then cooked his body parts in the stove because he was fearful Powell was still alive and needed to “stop the Devil.”

•When police arrived, they found Wyatt standing over Powell, naked and covered in his blood. “I killed him,” Wyatt said, and asked if they were God coming to save him. Source

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

abcnews.go.com

While it's interesting in and of itself, it is from 2010. I wouldn't relate this too much to what's been going on the last couple of days.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Fair point. But it is unusually similar nonetheless.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This - as with the other similar articles - is all about the chemicals people are ingesting. Tavistock have their spin doctors attaching the z word to these type of incidents - ensuring they are circulated and that people will be ingrained with the z trigger word.

Much Peace...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

In this instance it sounds like he took a bad reaction to mushrooms, whether he was taking anything else or had underlying issues.....

Mushrooms can be extremely terrifying if a lot are ingested and a bad trip is experienced, however I have never heard of such extreme violence, this kind of thing I would associate more with PCP ie dissociatives

I am interested in your mention of Tavistock, are we talking the same one here? en.wikipedia.org...

ie holding workshops at Occupy!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Have you ever taken mushrooms? I did, numerous times. And believe me when I say bad trips on mushrooms are not that bad. I've had the best and the worst trips. Nothing...NOTHING about mushrooms would even make you come close to skinning your friend alive. Common now. This isn't PCP. I never touched the stuff but I have seen people on it and it's not pretty.

Stay in school and don't do drugs kids.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I was just about to post in the Florida thread how this crap doesn't go on in Cali but we're supposed to be the crazy MoFo's. I guess we'll catch up now and prolly pass up everyone.

SnF

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I absolutely agree on the PCP but not mushrooms. As for Tavistock - I would recommend you search farther afield than wikipedia. Tavistock are the base for all the social experimentation that is occurring amid societies world wide. Tavistock makes very interesting reading.

The headquarters is based in London. The trail will lead you to Freud - being paid to focus his studies on sexuality - follow the trail there - you will realise this is why he and Jung parted ways.

Follow the trail and you will see that Germaine Greer was 'supported' to write the views she has opined for many years. Keep following the trail and you will find that after WW2 the German nazi doctors were taken and secreted in South America and other places. South America was the base for a lot more social experimentation immediately after the war - with an emphasis on mind control.

Start reading and don't stop - the dots connect easily once you see all the connections. Back to this thread the trigger word is for society in general. If you are interested I can dig out an article where it was explained by the author - from a first hand conversation - that sporting events are being targeted and a trigger word will be announced and everyone (sometimes 10's/100's thousands) of spectators will lose control of their bowels and lose their immediate memory. I love sport but I prefer to play rather than watch.

The z word is the trigger word - they are getting it out to the public and if you are unawakened - you will be vulnerable. This is why the latest gruesome chemically enhanced scenarios are being headlined with the z word - society loves gruesome (have been trained to do so) and the mainstream media are simply playing their part by feeding the trigger word.

Much Peace...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

If you could expand in perhaps another thread of your own I'd be very interested.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join