It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the 21-Year-Old Millionair Who's Bankrolling The New Ron Paul Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
All I'm going to say is wow. It seems for the first time that people are actually putting their money towards good use instead of for greed. It sure seems like Ron Paul is making his message clear, to have a young person to be able to invest million dollars towards his New Revolution.

Ramsey, who is just a few credits shy of his bachelor's degree, won't say how much he is willing to put into his SuperPAC ("how much does freedom cost?") and adds that he sees his contribution as an "angel investment" in a "humanitarian effort."

With Ron Paul effectively out of the presidential race — and nearing the end of his career in politics — his army of young acolytes are taking on the mantle of the Revolution, turning their attention to down-ballot races in a quiet quest to take over the Republican party.

At the vanguard of this Revolution 2.0 is John Ramsey, a 21-year-old Texas millionaire who used $1.3 million of his inheritance to form a SuperPAC that backs so-called "Liberty candidates" who adhere to Paul's small government, free-market, anti-interventionist, and pro-civil liberty message.

Source

I thought you guys would enjoy this. I'm Canadian, and I'm actually rooting for Ron Paul for the sake of all Americans.

*MODS* Move this thread if it's in the wrong place. Thanks.
edit on 30-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Message to MODs

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I thought about doing this...but I'm not a millionaire.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
I thought about doing this...but I'm not a millionaire.

I know what you mean. I would do it too, and I'm not even American. People deserve their Freedom. Not only that, but I would make nice contributions towards Stem Cell Research for many reasons. Two being, to cure the blind and deaf so they can live normal lives. I hope I win the Lottery someday.

It makes me sick, just to think about all the rich people out there; Bill Gates for example. Not doing anything with their money other then getting themselves richer because of their greed. They ought to put money towards research that can actually help change the lives of millions of people.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
All I'm going to say is wow. It seems for the first time that people are actually putting their money towards good use instead of for greed. It sure seems like Ron Paul is making his message clear, to have a young person to be able to invest million dollars towards his New Revolution.

Ramsey, who is just a few credits shy of his bachelor's degree, won't say how much he is willing to put into his SuperPAC ("how much does freedom cost?") and adds that he sees his contribution as an "angel investment" in a "humanitarian effort."

With Ron Paul effectively out of the presidential race — and nearing the end of his career in politics — his army of young acolytes are taking on the mantle of the Revolution, turning their attention to down-ballot races in a quiet quest to take over the Republican party.

At the vanguard of this Revolution 2.0 is John Ramsey, a 21-year-old Texas millionaire who used $1.3 million of his inheritance to form a SuperPAC that backs so-called "Liberty candidates" who adhere to Paul's small government, free-market, anti-interventionist, and pro-civil liberty message.

Source

I thought you guys would enjoy this. I'm Canadian, and I'm actually rooting for Ron Paul for the sake of all Americans.

*MODS* Move this thread if it's in the wrong place. Thanks.
edit on 30-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Message to MODs

This is good to hear! There are a number of private familys are doing the same at the moment. Humans are understanding that one financial decision can have massive impacts on not one country but many as all are linked.

All cultures are attempting to support themselves but all are effected when massive finances are concerned. This is the nature of the beast!

Every country requires an honest open leader or representative of a certain party or consortium assisting their fellow citizens for the right choices.

edit on 30-5-2012 by Archangelelijah because: mistake

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Cool.

It appears they are willing to raise a ruckus with either Republicans or Democrats. I think this is what Dr. Paul was shooting for. He knows his days in politics are numbered. I'm glad he found someone to pick up the torch and continue the Campaign for Liberty.
edit on 30-5-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
So in other words, Dr. Paul is sucking money away from a young man with the intention of lining his own pockets?

Oh, the irony.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
So in other words, Dr. Paul is sucking money away from a young man with the intention of lining his own pockets?

Oh, the irony.

Well he isn't holding a gun to anyones head and he seems to enjoy funding towards Ron Pauls Revolution.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Oh, the irony.

"angel investment" in a "humanitarian effort."

Hes not trying to line his pockets.

Understand the meaning behind the quote- dont make it what you want it to say.

Now if it was Obama and Romney- then I can see where you think someone might get a kickback. Its been going on for years that way. Im sure you are more than fine with that. As long as that money gets dumped on the taxpayer instead of some rich kid right?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Oh, the irony.

Failhard... seriously did you even read the article?
Woops 2nd
edit on 30/5/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
bank-on-RON-rolling-ON it's his year.
Dr Congressman and POTUS 2012 - RON PAUL

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

This guy, who I hope reads this, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart and from the heart of every other American citizen....

You sir should be praised as the person who helped save this country if this could catapault Ron Paul to victory!!

We need more like you out there!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even if RP collected 10 billion dollars, had a commercial every single break in tv broadcasting... it wouldn't be enough.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It makes me sick, just to think about all the rich people out there; Bill Gates for example. Not doing anything with their money other then getting themselves richer because of their greed. They ought to put money towards research that can actually help change the lives of millions of people.

I just wanted to let you know that you are highly misinformed about Bill Gates if you think he just sits around with his loads of dosh. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have donated over $33.5 billion since 1996. That is over have half of his current net worth.

They have helped many across the world focusing on Education, Healthcare, and poverty, including in the USA. They have helped deliver vaccines to more than 250,000,000 children in poor countries, preventing an estimated five million deaths.

Not to mention the vast majority of his fortune when he dies is going to the foundation to help charities and the the unhealthy around the world. We're talking about a good $60 billion as of right now, which is highly likely to increase as he gets older, going to help those around the world. Bill Gates is an amazing philanthropist.

www.gatesfoundation.org...
edit on 30-5-2012 by HossDelgado because: adding citation link for numbers

edit on 30-5-2012 by HossDelgado because: paragraph spacing

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HossDelgado

I just wanted to let you know that you are highly misinformed about Bill Gates if you think he just sits around with his loads of dosh. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have donated over $33.5 billion since 1996. That is over have half of his current net worth.

They have helped many across the world focusing on Education, Healthcare, and poverty, including in the USA. They have helped deliver vaccines to more than 250,000,000 children in poor countries, preventing an estimated five million deaths.

Not to mention the vast majority of his fortune when he dies is going to the foundation to help charities and the the unhealthy around the world. We're talking about a good $60 billion as of right now, which is highly likely to increase as he gets older, going to help those around the world. Bill Gates is an amazing philanthropist.

www.gatesfoundation.org...
edit on 30-5-2012 by HossDelgado because: adding citation link for numbers

edit on 30-5-2012 by HossDelgado because: paragraph spacing

Wow, okay I was definitly misinformed. I probably should have googled what Bill Gates has done with his money to deny my own ignorance. Intentionally, I was only using Bill Gates as an example but I suppose my subconscious kicked in and that subject alone I'm quite ignorant about. I didn't really mean for it to come out the way it did but simply just wanted to state that most rich people are in fact greedy with their money. I feel bad now, saying the things I did about Bill Gates.

But yeah, maybe this Millionair will attract the attention of many other private millionairs that arn't all that well known to the public. One thing for sure is, there seem to be a huge awakening going on around this World. I just hope more people wake up and unite together because it's not the 1% the control us it's the 99% that controls how things should work. Only reason why the 1% made it this far, is because I believed they planned it brilliantly to make the entire nations rely on them. This just didn't happen over night, but tooks years and years of turning the masses into blind sheeps unaware of what's really going on.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Oh, the irony.

You make it sound like Ron Paul or his people romanced this guy to get the million dollar SuperPac out of him
, but DA TROOOF is this kid is doing this all on his own with no help from Ron Paul...... SuperPac's don't have self lives and can endorse who ever they want. I expect this young millionaire will also be following Rand Paul's career as well and any others who have similar view points to his politically. I can tell you most 21 year old's with that trust fund money don't do much good with it & usually end up pissing it away (depending) but this dude is creating a SuperPac. I'm impressed.

Here's the reason he formed his own SuperPac,

A former Ron Paul campaign volunteer, Ramsey told Business Insider that he was disillusioned by Paul's disappointing — and somewhat fishy — losses in this year's Iowa and Maine caucuses, and wanted to form a group that would go beyond grassroots organizing and actually win elections. He teamed up with fellow Paul volunteer Preston Bates, a 23-year-old former Democratic operative, and christened the new SuperPAC Liberty For All.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

We get you don't like Ron Paul but please, enough with the trolling.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
im not sure why so many people aren't in support of Buddy Roemer... i mean i doubt that I'll vote for him but he one of the few candidates that stands on principle.. i don't agree with all of his positions but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that agrees with you on everything.

here's how he and Ron Paul stack up... 2012-presidential-candidates.findthedata.org...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HossDelgado

Yep Bill and Malinda, altruistic to the core.....yeaaah riiight....
Contirbuting to the vaccine program is the same a contributing to the people eradication agenda....
and im sure their investment with Monsanto, in a seed bank in the arctic is just totally for humankind hey?
These scum hide their mooney in foundations which they then control.....
The agendas of said foundations are in keeping with the elite NWO agendas.....
The rich help themselves FIRST, before any altruistic thing is done.....
Look at what these slime finance before praising their generosity.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

As much as we all like Ron Paul we all knew he would not win, the money that owns the U.S. government is against him which guarantees he will fail.

Obama makes the perfect, brainless monkey puppet who enjoys bootlicking his masters in the Middle East the Muslim Brotherhood. It's painfully obvious he is working to further middle eastern islamic interests and they have more than enough money to pad his bank account in Kenya.

I predict Obama will win another 4 years, because whats left of the U.S. has to be totally destroyed before Sharia Law can be implemented. He needs another 4 years to finish killing the first and second amendments and then the freedom of religion in order for Sharia to be forced on all americans.

Think it will not happen? Watch him win another 4 years and the black community will vote for him because theyre thrilled to have a "african" american in office because it's the closest they have been able to get since Colin Powell (who would have been better imo than the clowns they had in the oval office the last 12 years)
edit on 30-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

As much as we all like Ron Paul we all knew he would not win, the money that owns the U.S. government is against him which guarantees he will fail.

Obama makes the perfect, brainless monkey puppet who enjoys bootlicking his masters in the Middle East the Muslim Brotherhood. It's painfully obvious he is working to further middle eastern islamic interests and they have more than enough money to pad his bank account in Kenya.

I predict Obama will win another 4 years, because whats left of the U.S. has to be totally destroyed before Sharia Law can be implemented. He needs another 4 years to finish killing the first and second amendments and then the freedom of religion in order for Sharia to be forced on all americans.

Think it will not happen? Watch him win another 4 years and the black community will vote for him because theyre thrilled to have a "african" american in office because it's the closest they have been able to get since Colin Powell (who would have been better imo than the clowns they had in the oval office the last 12 years)

I wouldn't be suprised if Obama was just a puppet because it sure seems that way considering lied his way to presidency.

I don't think Obama will win. And that's my prediction. Why? Because America will start a Revolution that will be the biggest Revolution America has ever seen. Many are waking up, and many people are support Ron Paul. I'm sure the puppeteers don't want Ron Paul to win and if that's the case, somebody else will take Obamas place to avoid the Revolution. Mitt Romney maybe? I don't know.

As for the Black community, they only make up for less than 13% of all Americans. Almost 72% of the Americans are white.

Demographics

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HossDelgado

Sorry for being a little off topic but something caught my eye "Bill Gates providing 250,000,000 (yes thats million) vaccines but that only prevented 5,000,000 deaths?? Interesting, havent seen that statistic before but what is the vaccine doing for the other 245,000,000??

On topic: This has nothing to do with Ron Paul per se but his message he has been trying to get out for the last 30+ years. It is starting to sink in with some folks who also are starting to run in there local elections which most of the time these "Paulites" (whatever, I hate that term) are running against multi term politicians who's time have come up. Ring the bell of Liberty my friends, it might take a couple years but were headed in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join