It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney wins Texas primary, clinches Republican nomination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Romney wins Texas primary, clinches Republican nomination

www.nypost.co m

Mitt Romney on Tuesday night won the Texas primary, FOX News Channel reported, claiming enough delegates to secure the Republican presidential nomination.

With less than two percent of precincts reporting, Romney had 71.4 percent of the vote to Ron Paul's 10 percent. Despite both dropping out of the race, Rick Santorum had 7.3 percent of the vote and Newt Gingrich 4.6 percent.

Romney has been the presumptive GOP nominee since his last serious challenger, Santorum, bowed out in April.

But by winning Texas -- which offers 155 delegates -- the former Massachusetts governor claimed the l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep, Romney won Texas by more than 70% of the vote. Ron Paul? In his own home state he barely has 11% of the vote:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Did Paul atleast win his district this time? I'll see if I can find the county by county results. In anycase this is reality and it bites for Paul supporters. Romney has won, and no, Paul is not going to be able to turn this around at the convention. It's Romney folks, your GOP nominee!

www.nypost.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What the hell happened to Texas? I'm going to slap my Big Tex buddy first thing in the morning. First Perry, now Romney? I asked him how Perry ever made it as a governor, and his response was, "he doesn't have much power, and we don't let him talk much."

No matter I suppose, all the illegal Mexicans in Texas will be voting for Obama anyway.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Paul will still have leverage at the convention. I suspect the GOP are betting on a chaotic convention to create enough division to ensure their loss in 2012. No one wants Romney to win, not even the GOP.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
that's the beauty of a democracy. you only have yourselves to blame.

not obama, not romney, yourselves.

it doesn't make it right, it makes it reality.

but americans don't really have much choice or quality to choose from.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it's time to call it....

I've dreaded this inevitable moment.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It does not matter if Mitt or Obama win this election, if it's not Ron Paul and things continue on the way they are and are headed, the revolution will happen anyway. America and largely the world can't continue the way it currently is. The people will dictate the want, the need and the ends to that purpose, the way it has been through out history.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that's the beauty of a democracy. you only have yourselves to blame.

not obama, not romney, yourselves.

it doesn't make it right, it makes it reality.

but americans don't really have much choice or quality to choose from.

Actually we have plenty of quality, but we have the illusion of no choices. We do have ourselves to blame. Too many people watching Fox News and MSNBC instead of reading up on the candidates platforms.

We had Huntsman, we still have Paul, we had Johnson, there were decent choices out there, but they were never even strong contenders. It is more popular to be controversial and extreme like Palin, or Bachmann, or Santorum, or Cain, or it is more popular to be rich, plastic, and polished with a team of handlers like Romney.

Hell, why not just elect Ken and Barbie?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That's pretty close. Are all the districts in? Becuase if he drops to 69 percent he doesn't have enough for the nomination. Not that it matters anyway the popular vote has just been a game for several months now.

Not that he won't win, but saying he has clinched it tonight is jumping the gun. I doubt he will take it til august.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I fully expected Romney to win by such a landslide, but still this is th third time that Paul has failed to win his own home state. I mean imagine being a presidential candidate and losing your own home state for the third time? I'm trying to get more information on the districts won, maybe Paul actually won his own district for once?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
It does not matter if Mitt or Obama win this election, if it's not Ron Paul and things continue on the way they are and are headed, the revolution will happen anyway. America and largely the world can't continue the way it currently is. The people will dictate the want, the need and the ends to that purpose, the way it has been through out history.

Sadly you are correct, it really doesn't matter Romney? Or Obama McCain, Hillary for 2016 They are all part of the elites.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

How do you compete against a guy (Romney) that works for the company (Bain - a company he once owned!) that OWNS Clear Channel Communications (basically all of the media that reports on the race to be GOP candidate). It should be illegal for him to run, but can you do besides support Paul and spread the word.

link   

Its not so bad, Santorum won my home state of Missouri.
It doesn't get any loonier than that!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
With less than two percent of precincts reporting

Declared a winner with 98% of the districts unaccounted for? Why bother counting votes at all if they can just cherry pick whatever district they want and make that the official tally.

Seems legit.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Finally! Found a map of all the counties, and it appears that Romney has taken Paul's very own district:
edition.cnn.com...

Romney has 65% of the votes coming from Paul's very own district. This was a district that Paul represented for 20 years! Why are his own constituents voting against him like this? Makes you wonder. Mind you, this is the third time that Paul has lost his own district in a primary race.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Helious

Sadly you are correct, it really doesn't matter Romney? Or Obama McCain, Hillary for 2016 They are all part of the elites.

Not sadly my friend. What you must understand is that these things seem to be a repeating cycle as evidenced by our own main stream history. Eventually, tyranny will grow until it becomes intolerable and is displaced and overturned. We have witnessed this event countless times in the past. Mankind is no different than we were 200 years ago, yes, we are more advanced in our skills, our tech but the heart and soul of man and our nature is very much the same.

If enough people say no more, then in fact, there will be no more. That is exactly why we see such a play with MSM, there hoaxes and propaganda, lies and general brain washing. If they were not afraid of the people they would just tell us the truth. The very simple fact that they lie to us tell you and I that WE have the power, we always have and always will, they only weapon they have that can truely work against us is lies and those my friend are starting to be exposed a little more every day.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern GuardianRomney has 65% of the votes coming from Paul's very own district. This was a district that Paul represented for 20 years!

It's not the same district, actually. The national GOP redrew his district (Texas 14th congressional) specifically to ensure he could not run for congress again:

It was not what Mr. Paul, the 76-year-old physician, had in mind. The district lost much of its rural character, and he faced the daunting prospect of introducing himself to about 300,000 people who were not in the old version of the district.

www.nytimes.com...

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 29-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Exactly this, wondering what I am missing. I voted just before 7pm here in Texas, at 8:30, the news was reporting 2-3% votes in, but Huffpo declared Mittens the winner. How is this possible?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Do you still not get it that because of the electronic voting machines the elections are rigged!
What do you think happens to the paper ballots, they get sent someone and supposedly counted behind closed doors. Think about all the ballots that delegates or elections officials are counting in public or on camera, guess who wins every time..........Ron Paul.

Romney is part of the establishment and he has many people cheating for him and helping him to win. Much like Obama has and it's then up to Soros and company who wins the general election.

Still believe that voting is fair at all. Then go ahead and continue to be in rebellion of your nation simply by voting for the President. You really need to read the Constitution and in particular the 14th amendment and all amendments after.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
reply to post by litterbaux

Exactly this, wondering what I am missing. I voted just before 7pm here in Texas, at 8:30, the news was reporting 2-3% votes in, but Huffpo declared Mittens the winner. How is this possible?

The Elites decide, why you think i have stopped voting in this falseness of democracy?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join