It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney wins Texas primary, clinches Republican nomination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Regardless of whether they changed his district, the counties next to the Southern coast of Texas appear to all go for Romney by atleast 60%. You can change the district all you want, but you won't change that fact that Romney is winning all those counties around Paul's region:
edition.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Believe me, I strongly considered this. I decided to give it a shot, and hell, what was the point? I am actually just wondering if there is a logical explanation for the declaration that I don't understand, such as the formulas that they use to determine the percentages.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I finally exercised my right to vote today, and I voted for Ron Paul. I'm surprised he didn't pull in any more votes, especially in his own state. He had a good run!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
It does not matter if Mitt or Obama win this election, if it's not Ron Paul and things continue on the way they are and are headed, the revolution will happen anyway. America and largely the world can't continue the way it currently is. The people will dictate the want, the need and the ends to that purpose, the way it has been through out history.

For sure. Why the hell do people insist on learning everything the hard way.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
I finally exercised my right to vote today, and I voted for Ron Paul. I'm surprised he didn't pull in any more votes, especially in his own state. He had a good run!

What district did you vote from Fictitious? Paul represents the 14th district. I'd really like to know if any ATSers live in that district, and whether they know why so many people voted for Romney instead?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Romney hasn't clinched anything, where is the proof he has that many delegates anyway? There is none, which is why you have to wait until the convention to see how many delegates he has. Not to mention the possibility that his delegates don't even have to vote for him.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Romney hasn't clinched anything, where is the proof he has that many delegates anyway? There is none, which is why you have to wait until the convention to see how many delegates he has. Not to mention the possibility that his delegates don't even have to vote for him.

People seem to forget this. No one has any delegates that happens at the convention.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Exactly! And remember, all delegates are unbound. I think Romney's toast

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Lol do people seriously think that the delegates are going to vote for ron paul at the convention? Romney has been winning primaries left and right, its pretty obvious that the gop registered voters want him to win the nominatio. I dont think the delegates are going to go against the people.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Jeebus!
Youd a thunk the choice bettween Ron Paul ,(Staunch champion of peoples constitutional rights and common sense goverment)
And that sllicked down slimy corporate raider who got rich by killing other peoples living....Mitt Romney( whos already to go for WW3 as soon as elected......)
would be a simple one to make.....whats the average Iq of texans?a little lower than their horses?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ron Paul not even getting 15% in his home state...I think that should confirm to any Paul supporters that he is done in this race.

He will continue to place his supporters as delegates, he will have some influence on the convention, but he has no shot at the nomination...and he would have no chance at the general election with getting only 12% in his home state.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Southern Guardian

That's pretty close. Are all the districts in? Becuase if he drops to 69 percent he doesn't have enough for the nomination. Not that it matters anyway the popular vote has just been a game for several months now.

Where are you getting your facts?! 70% to 10% is pretty close?! And its 50% that's number you've gota hit. Jeez at least try to use the right facts when you try to question something....

Correction in texas according to state laws a candidate needs to get 20% of the vote to get delegates.
edit on 29-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
BTW, where is Ron Paul today? If he's still in the race he sure is avoiding the spotlight. He's not even in a news story, just something about his supporters planning some type of Ron Paul festival at the convention Which I am perfectly fine with.
edit on 29-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I live in Texas and did not vote for that snake in my humble opinion he is no different than what we already have. Yes I voted republican.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I know it must be disheartening to those who want to do their victory dance and advance to the finals that the Paul team is not willing to forfeit the game at half-time. Though it may appear near impossible to pull off a win at this point we are going to keep playing balls-out for the love of the game and the nation. Until the final whistle blows... Deal with it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The results are in and the game is over, finally.

Romney wins by a landslide.

The real contenders dropped out long ago with only a fringe candidate, who was out of money and stopped campaigning, left at the end of the race to lose in his home State. That is how the final step to the magic number will be remembered in history for this election cycle.

1144, Ron Paul no more.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Since I'm not going down in a hail of gunfire for the folks so willing to embrace their servitude....My retirement income of 35k and me are moving to Become Ex-Pats to Thailand, or Cambodia. Rent is 200 month for an upscale house, feed yourself on 5$ a week. 420 grows wild, and is a local spice for meals. bye bye usa.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The results are in and the game is over, finally.

Romney wins by a landslide.

The real contenders dropped out long ago with only a fringe candidate, who was out of money and stopped campaigning, left at the end of the race to lose in his home State. That is how the final step to the magic number will be remembered in history for this election cycle.

1144, Ron Paul no more.

1. The results are not in. The state conventions determine the delegate count, not the popular vote.
2. The game is not over, it is over at the convention.
3. You have no idea how the nomination process works, due to buying the MSM's dumbed-down nomination explanation they gave you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join