It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up w/ scratches on body. Happening to many people.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Years ago I woke up with a scratch on my cheek and forehead and the cat I have, when I got him was de-clawed already, so logically its not the cat, nor is it my mattress which is soft, has sheets, and I found nothing sharp under my sheets/covers that could be the culprit of the scratches.

Happened again a week ago, but this time I woke up with two 4-6 inch scratches, much bigger this time and deeper, on my upper back near my neck. Don't know what to make of it yet and so I brushed it off and put on my "to do" list to bless the house again.

Got up today and got an e-mail from an ex-girlfriend and here's one of the quote's from the email:

"there is this enty in my house, can't get it to leave. Its really bothering Abby, her back was al scrathced up last night, she woke me up and thought she had sunburn and She couldn't see so I said ok. And rubbed some anti biotics.?"

I told her I'll post to ATS to see what everyone says, so she is cool with me quoting her email. I have alot of experience with Meditation and spiritual things, but not necessarily with any of this.

ANyone know whats up with this?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Wow, no, I don't know what you should do over that.
I have woken up with hand prints on me before a few times, but not actual scratches.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Could be you scratching yourself. Not saying it is, but thinking Occam's. I have awoken at times with scratches in my face and upper back and neck area. I rather wanna believe it was me than some entity.

I have woken up with blue marks, too. My fiancé woke up with a big fat bruise on her leg over the weekend. Now that wasn't me, had to be some ghostly activity. No, people do weird things in our sleep.

Otherwise, if you wanna make sure, set up a camera. Do a paranormal activity stunt.

I have never experienced a burning sensation, or what felt like sunburn on my skin. Is there anything else that happens in the house? Any other activity or bumps in the night?
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Added

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well i have had something similar except i was awake and driving with my girlfriend. i was driving and i felt this burning pain like someone smacked me on my thigh, so when i got home i checked it out and, i had a red mark. it looked like someone hit me with a stick. This happened while i was driving on a old dirt road where i have seen things before while driving through at night.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Small Elipical hairline thin scratches up to 2 inches or so... are related to the adbuction phenoma... just saying!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

De-clawing a cat? That's animal abuse!

On topic, I think most scratches are self-inflicted during sleep.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

When i got the cat, he was already declawed.

On another note, the scratches occured on a part of my back where i cant reach with either hand and i am by no means flexible enough to reach there. So as for easiest explanation, it just doesnt cut it. Something else is definitely up

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I remember waking up one morning, looking down the bed and noticing the bed clothes were sticking up higher than normal. it was as if someone or something had placed a small pyramid just below my sheets. its only happened once or twice and both times i was thinking about margaret thatcher.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What part of your back cant you reach do you have really short arms or somthing?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

No tell me you didnt,not maggie,any one but maggie.

I think you should keep quiet about this one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

I think you need medical attention

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First I thought you were scratching yourself while your asleep. But then you said you couldn't even reach some points.. I think you should set up a camera like KaelemJames said. If it's a being or something like that you might be able to record it.

CX

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is gonna sound weird but when i was a kid, about 5years old, i remember crying in bed because i dreamt that i was in ancient Egypt, and i was being tied face down on an alter and someone was over me with a big knife, like a ceremonial dagger, and they cut me up the back.

Freaked out by the reality of the dream, i ran into my parents bedroom, shouting that i had been stabbed in the back lol....anyway when they looked there was a huge scratch down my back. Too far round for me to do it (i think). It was like a thick scratch, very red. Not something that would have come from a feather in the pillow or similar, and not something that a fingernail could produce.

A bit odd i must admit. Lots of reasons for scratches in bed, not all can be explained.

CX.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
This is gonna sound weird but when i was a kid, about 5years old, i remember crying in bed because i dreamt that i was in ancient Egypt, and i was being tied face down on an alter and someone was over me with a big knife, like a ceremonial dagger, and they cut me up the back.

Freaked out by the reality of the dream, i ran into my parents bedroom, shouting that i had been stabbed in the back lol....anyway when they looked there was a huge scratch down my back. Too far round for me to do it (i think). It was like a thick scratch, very red. Not something that would have come from a feather in the pillow or similar, and not something that a fingernail could produce.

A bit odd i must admit. Lots of reasons for scratches in bed, not all can be explained.

CX.

Past-life memory? Very traumatic events/memories can cause our brain to produce on our body what we remember from past-lives.
Also, the power of suggestion has these same influences on the brain to make it respond accordingly to what it is being told is true.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

From all the paranormal ghost-hunting shows I've watched, they say this is caused by demonic forces. One poster replied it was linked to UFO abductions. Could be! I think they are one in the same concerning certain types of ET species.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think it may have to do with the power of the mind, like you said.

It could also be quantum entanglement, perhaps another self (on another plane) had some accident, such as leaning on a wall with a nail (Theoretical thought is all).

I have experienced these things, with the accompanying burning sensation, especially on "haunted locations" as well as with sleeping in my own home.

Perhaps there should be some official ledger that is created, with the symptoms (burning, itching etc) and dreams associated to the experience, or if the person was awake, the situation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Odd that you should mention it...I woke up with a narrow 1in blue bruise on the inside of my left thigh, almost like someone drew a line with light blue marker (very precise). Doesn't hurt...don't remember doing it myself at all.

Maybe something's trying to get our attention?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagurt

Okay, now this thread is getting weird. I've been really into quantum physics here lately, currently reading William Bray's book "Quantum Physics, Near Death Experiences, Eternal Consciousness, Religion, and the Human Soul" on my Kindle. I've been reading it before I go to bed every night....

Quantum Physics, NDEs...and the Human Soul.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself on this, but after I would wake up with hand prints on myself (usually dead center in the middle of my chest) within a week or two, I would have some sort of psychic/spirit encounter.

So just kind of keep that in mind with the scratches.

I'm glad I never have been scratched like that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It is interesting to read through the responses you've received. Personally, I've never woke up with scratches that I recall. However, I have found bruises around my wrists at least 3 times in the past. They looked like someone was holding me or something. One of the times, my husband saw them too (sometimes they are just faint) and asked me who was grabbing me. I said no one, I have no idea where the marks came from.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join