It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysically, how could Jesus appear so all could see him?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

Have you ever thought about some of the statements in the Bible and other Holy books. Lets take one and have a discussion.

How would it be possible that every living being would see Jesus trailing clouds of glory at the same time?

And why clouds. What do clouds have to do with his return?

I always pictured the return of Jesus was a metaphor for either Christ-like aliens coming to earth or we would all come to God's glory in such a way that our quality of life becomes Christ-like.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
You can't apply logic to religious writings.

Tupac shakur says hi

To the OP, the video is a possible explanation, but I also believe there are beings among us that are unseen to those who still wear the veil. I guess it depends on how much you experience in life and how much you have seen that will generate a perspective.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Still the natives of South America who live along the Amazon River and who shun the modern world wont have the internet any more than the bush man of Africa or any other society that is seperated from the modern world. That leaves a bunch of folks unaware.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

He will come from no particular direction and all at once, which means to me, a shift in perceptual reality, or what Pierre Teilhard de Chardin referred to as the cosmogensis of the noosphere, so directionally the best metaphor for that would be a cloud, and the heavens are a star filled cloud and there isn't a point in the sky that isn't filled with galaxies as far as the Hubble Space telescope can see. Christ consciousness, cosmic consciousness, God consciousness come of age - that's the second coming of Christ. It's not what the literalist fundamentalist conservatives would have anyone believe.

As a side note, the Book of the Revelation of John, is a joke read backwards, and a trap read forwards, to test out mettle and our faith in God as a God of love and not destruction. What it describes could just as easily be interpreted allegorically, as a dark night of the soul for the overcomer, who God calls his son.

And the spirit and the bride say "come and freely drink the living water!"

"He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God."

It's an utterly magnificent and beautiful thing!

But those who wish for the death and destruction and all the mayham, woe to them for failing to pass the test.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Still the natives of South America who live along the Amazon River and who shun the modern world wont have the internet any more than the bush man of Africa or any other society that is seperated from the modern world. That leaves a bunch of folks unaware.

You mean the river in South America where my brother planted churches over a 10 year period? Those rivers, where churches are now run by the natives who once were in the dark without the word? The same river where bibles are now translated into saramaccan? That river?

Page 4

edit on 29-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Have you ever thought about some of the statements in the Bible and other Holy books. Lets take one and have a discussion.

How would it be possible that every living being would see Jesus trailing clouds of glory at the same time?

And why clouds. What do clouds have to do with his return?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that this statement isn't a prediction that will literally come true. I know that sounds crazy, being that the statement is right there in the bible, but like you pointed out, the whole "round Earth" issue does seem to provide a legitimate contradiction to the notion that everyone would see this happen. Especially when you look up and see a Boeing 757 fly overhead and it looks like a tiny dot. It's pretty hard to imagine Jesus doing much more at 50,000 feet than being an even tinier dot. Not much glory in a presentation like that.
edit on 5/29/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Well, if you believe the New Testament, Jesus would often appear as somebody completely different, too, such that his disciples wouldn't even know it was him right away. So I would suggest that at a particular moment, it might be possible for Jesus to be every other person in the world. So the guy next to you would be Jesus, then he would also be the guy two people away.

Metaphysical junk, indeed.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You will not need eyes to see or ears to hear. His coming will be like a lightening bolt in our minds. A terrifying moment of clarity, when the veil over our minds is lifted with a great shout, we will all know that the mystery of God is accomplished.
edit on 29-5-2012 by monkcaw because: grammar

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
in Los Angeles take the MTA bus 251 south to FIRESTONE.
take the 315 east to 90210 FIRESTONE.
now walk east to the computer store.
ASK FOR THE CHRIST IN THE FLESH VIDEO.
he is JESUS CHRIST.
then share his message with the world.
edit on 29-5-2012 by KennyDurazo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join