It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Iron Sky, Nazis went to moon in 1945, invade earth in 2018

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

As film plots go, comedy Iron Sky is a headline-grabber: in 1945 the Nazis went to the Moon. In 2018, they are coming back to invade Earth. No wonder since its first screening at the Berlin Film Festival, it has caused both comment and controversy.

But is the low-budget production, made by Finnish director Timo Vuorensola, actually worth the hype?

"It's a tremendously politically incorrect film," says Vuorensola. "I wanted to make something fun. We're not aiming to preach here, and we're not being offensive, but we do have a message."

The film starts in 2018, with an American landing on the Moon, staged to help secure the current Sarah Palin-esque president a re-election. The astronauts are captured by a group of Nazis, who have been hiding on the dark side of the Moon since the end of World War II.

They are plotting an invasion of Earth. This thrills the US president, who believes a war will automatically win her another term in office.

"Obviously, it's got something to say about war-mongering," says Vuorensola.

"In the film, I put some words that the Nazi Joseph Goebbels actually spoke, and put them into the mouth of the US president. We are still speaking the same nonsense as we did then.

"Nobody escapes in this film. The Nazis are just used to reveal the true colours of all the politicians in this story."

It may be a comedy but sounds like great social commentary.

A prequel and sequel are already planned.

Will have to watch for the US debut or try for a DVD

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I aint seen it yet but people are calling it a turkey so don't spend too much money on the DVD or probably wait a month or 2 and rent it on netflix etc

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's a link to watch it streaming(not download
). It is a cam copy, but pretty good. I am watching it tonight.
www.1channel.ch...

Peace

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I saw it at a friends house. Its not that grate BUT it does have a grate political message.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Interesting. Here's the Trailer.

edit on 28-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

another ATSer posted about this movie a little while back. I checked out the official movie trailer (posted on youtube). It looks like my kind of movie

I'll think I'll turn my buddy, fellow ATSer, Germanicus on to it. Looks right up his alley too

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I've been waiting for this one for quite some time I must say.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The trailer does it no justice, although I can imagine it been a DVD hit.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just watched it and thought it was great, potential cult classic.

Lots of subtle humor will require a few more viewings to digest it all.

How long before someone on ATS claims it was based on reality?

edit on 28-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

I thought idea of the movie was pretty good (just poorly executed re. the actors), the plot alone sort of kept my interest along with all the ridiculous comedy. But the acting was absolutely atrocious. It's like the casting agent scraped the bottom of the bucket, threw that away and then grabbed the crap on the underside of the bottom of the bucket. Apart from the acting a fun movie, but I wouldn't see it twice and if I paid for it in a theater I'd probably ask for my money back and some tort compensation for time badly wasted.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/28.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just finished watching it (streamed cam version). The sound was really bad, and there was a lot of dialogue I couldn't make out.

Otherwise I enjoyed it quite a lot. I've been waiting for it for a long time, and I'd seen all the trailers; but it still wasn't exactly what I expected.

Still, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it again...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Theres a dvd version of the movie out there. Pretty good movie as far political satire goes

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Here's a link to watch it streaming(not download
). It is a cam copy, but pretty good. I am watching it tonight.
www.1channel.ch...

Peace

joined the site and watched the movie..
not exactly an awesome movie but the link above is an awesome site

b

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I cannot wait until it reaches my local library. Then I will check it out and watch it. It looks like a good one and right up the proverbial ATS alley.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I watched it yesterday and I liked it. It was great to see all new faces on the screen for a change and they all did very well. It was a bit too short but there's to be a follow up someone said? It wasn't epic but definitely worth a watch.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just watched it. The film is a spoof, but for what it purports to be it is quite good. Don't expect a serious movie, but also it is way above Hollywood spoofs like Scary Movie and the like. There are several funny moments that will have you chuckling. The whole iPhone vs Nazi computer scenes come to mind for me. Also, there are a bunch of references to other scifi movies and also a blatant nod to Downfall. If you know that movie then you will be able to pick out the scene no problem.

The production value is pretty good for a movie that was basically financed through donations. The special effects and CGI are good enough to give Hollywood blockbusters a run for their money. The acting was good enough that I watched it till the end.

I give the movie 4/5 thumbs up...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Watched this tonight and loved it.

Smokin hot lead female, ufos over new york, zeppelins towing meteorites, ans Nazis galore. What more could you want.

Watch it like its a 1950's Flash Gordon episode and you wont go far wrong.

The parody od Sarah Palin is brilliant. All the dead animal heads round the presidents office had me creased up.

Havnt enjoyed a film as much in a long time. Get it out. Blockbusters have got it in

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I look forward to seeing this one. It think it comes out here in Japan in Sept. or Oct. 2012. From the looks of everything I have seen so far. it appears to be a funny movie with a bit of social commentary.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
One Spoiler: Black Guy gets the Chick.

Ending Spoiler:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.starburstmagazine.com...

I'm Swedish and haven't seen this yet. For shame...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join