It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Comics Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OK, so; I have been trying to get into comics as of late. I downloaded the whole Civil War Comic Series and that sort of thing. How could I read them on my iPod? Is that possible? Also, does anyone know where I can find some good manga?

Thanks.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It depends on what format the comics are.
Let's say they are PDF, you would need a pdf reader such as "acrobat reader".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

I have found that ATS is not a huge site for question asking (though certainly somewhat, not trying to discourage you). However, when I have a question that I want a very quick reply to from a community in the know, I go to yahoo answers (I think it would be www.yahoo.com/answers). Give it a shot. I just used it the other day for a few computer question and got everything shored up in short order. Peace...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Alright thank you

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Most comics are in .cbr and .czr format. For these you need a special reader. If you're on a computer or Android I definitely recommend ComicRack. For iPad there are a number of options both free and pay. I personally don't have an iPad so I can't really give any recommendations from personal use. With that said ComicFlow looks like a decent free app.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Most comics are in .cbr and .czr format. For these you need a special reader. If you're on a computer or Android I definitely recommend ComicRack. For iPad there are a number of options both free and pay. I personally don't have an iPad so I can't really give any recommendations from personal use. With that said ComicFlow looks like a decent free app.

Comic Flo is for iPAD
...thanks for your help though I appreciate it greatly.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

Sorry. Thought you had said iPad. Personally I can't see reading a comic on an iPod. It seems like it would be a lot of scrolling around.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by wwe9112

Sorry. Thought you had said iPad. Personally I can't see reading a comic on an iPod. It seems like it would be a lot of scrolling around.

it's all I have lol. I apologize. Thanks for the help anyway though; I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

There is a website (and free app I believe) called app advice that has guides for various types of apps, and they DO IN FACT have a " best comic book reading apps" guide. I buy and read on Comixology's app, but there are several free ones highly recommended in the guide.

*you can read on your iPod touch, but it's trying without a retina display, not bad if you have it though.
edit on 15/7/12 by dcard because: Additional info

top topics

join