It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA finals predictions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yeah I think for Lebron to destroy those records though he needs to go back to playing in a team where he's the sole star and has good support. I definitely agree that he will but just needs to get on the right roster

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

I think its tough on him because he has Wade on his team. In Cleveland he took all the big shots and people forget about that. That Cleveland team had no business being in Finals, Eastern Conference Finals, etc as that team was complete garbage. If not for Lebron on that team they would of been the Charlotte Bobcats.

Lebron is a student of the game and gives Wade too much credit. Like I said, they should trade Wade for two Great Roll players and we might see a Heat team that doesnt loose a Finals for the next 3 or 4 years.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Kobe is great dont get me wrong, but he had so much support in LA. He even took MJ's old Coach. Not a bad move but come on now, if you trying to set your own legacy dont steal (search Kobe Bites MJ on Youtube).

Yeah man I looked back at some old videos and documentarys and Kobe was struggling before Shaq went to LA. Frankly I don't think Kobe would have those rings or the game he plays without Shaq.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

I just watched a MJ video on Youtube on his 50 greatest moves or something like that, and it was jaw dropping. I have seen most of the shots on the video but there were some I have never seen before. But, I think if you put a compilation of Lebron as far as shots, assists, rebounds, and blocks it might be close. Close as in from here to the moon but every other player is from here to maybe jupiter so in retrospect its pretty close.

Now, Lebron is only 27 so he has a long way to go and will DESTROY all of Kobe's records which makes me quite happy.

Yeah, MJ was rediculous. LJ will certainly be a legend, no doubt. I mean, I can say whatever, but when his career is over, that dude was amazing. But I agree, it's nice to see Kobe be destroyed, because he even claimed to be the next Micheal, and..what a joke, right? This guy isn't even in the same talent level. Yeah, Lebron will never be Micheal, no one will. But if this is a James vs. Kobe arguement, I take James FTW. And you know what, so would ever owner in the league.

Agent x: I can get you Kobe or James, same price, who do you want?

Owner: Who do think? And by the way, for that question, you're fired.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: a was previously that. Obviously my typing got ahead of my thoughts.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: i botched this post, thankfully, yall knew what i ment. Beer, it's not just a vacation of the senses.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

To be fair, he won after Shaq to. Ohhh, thats right, AFTER STEALING THE BEST SMALL FORWARD IN THE LEAGUE IN GASOL!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Hm just out of curiosity who do you think would be good support players to surround Lebron with?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yeah was funny that when Shaq left for the Heat that year the Heat won the championship
Kobe would have been pissed

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Back when the Cavs could of kept him, the shooter from the Bucks....cant remember his name but I think he tore his ACL like the second game of the year and hasnt been the same since.

Right now, anyone but Mike Miller. I dont understand how that guy is still in the league. If you could bring Kevin Garnet and Ray Allen to the Heat for Wade and another scrub its Game Over. I can probably name another three or four players but to be honest, I dont watch to much NBA anymore because its Horrible.

Edit: for the record, I am not a Cavs fan. I am a Bulls fan because of MJ. No NBA team in my City so I can root for whomever I want. Plus, my best friend is from Ohio and I actually have Lebrons last High School Home Game on tape and will keep it for a LONG TIME. I went to LA and watched Lebron's high school team play against Daryl Strawberrys kids team and I will tell you Lebron had the worst shooting night ever but still scored like 20+ points and they killed Strawberrys team at Pauly Pavillion.
edit on 28-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Hmm yeah maybe. Don't know about Allen like I like the dude but he's getting pretty old but I get what you're saying I feel the same way about sending Allen to the bulls and dropping the worst SG in the league Kyle Korver

I'd rather Miller Than Korver
edit on 28-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Korver, LOL. The poor mans Steve Kerr. Always trying to find a duplicate team but its not possible.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
haha Dam this has been a good sporting conversation

I'm not from America I live in New Zealand and not everyones that into the NBA enough to talk this in depth about it.
One of the only other people who I can have full on convos like this with is my cousin but he goes for the bulls aswell so it's good to hear other peoples views that support other teams

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Garnet is the Xfactor because he can hit that 10-18 foot jumper. Than when he gets double teamed it leaves Ray Allen with wide open threes and then you still have Lebron. Celtics x10 with Lebron on that team.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Oh wow that's awesome you got that game on tape especially since it's when he was at high school.

One of my dream is to come over to the states and watch an NBA game live

And oh yeah I see what you mean about KG and Allen with Lebron that's a pretty ultimate combo

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The Lakers getting Paul Gasol was the most unbelievable steal in the History of the NBA. If Gasol wasnt playing for the Memphis Grizzlies than EVERYONE would of known who he was, besides the fact that he was a Foreign player. It kills me that Kobe is close to MJ in rings because of that trade. It would of never happened if it wasnt the Lakers.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I live here and have never seen one live, but I had WGN!!!! Chicago Super Sports station televised all Bulls games on Cable and I made sure I had it.

But, I did see Jordan live in Cali as one of his best friends Rod Higgins played for Fresno State and Jordan would put on a camp at one of the local High Schools and than have an exhibition game at Selland Arena. So, I was very lucky.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The Lakers getting Paul Gasol was the most unbelievable steal in the History of the NBA. If Gasol wasnt playing for the Memphis Grizzlies than EVERYONE would of known who he was, besides the fact that he was a Foreign player. It kills me that Kobe is close to MJ in rings because of that trade. It would of never happened if it wasnt the Lakers.

Wow so that's pretty much all of his rings due to lucky trades then huh?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wouldnt say that but it kinda helps. Gasol was at that time one of the most talked about players in the league as far as respect level.

I would say this year he isnt at that caliber which explains why the Lakers lost so early.

Edit: cuz Kobe was still dropping 30+ games. I am not a Kobe hater at all but I think a lot of fans and the NBA wanted him to be "The Greatest" so they pushed him a lot. I love Kobe as a player but I think he tries to be like Mike instead of Kobe. His voice, the way he does interviews, the way he walks, its soo much like MJ its crazy. These guys all idolize Mike so I cant be to judgemental on the dude.
edit on 28-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yeah good point and Oh same here I'm not a hater but yeah I agree on that point the dude just needs to focus on being himself.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Although I bet if we had a Kobe fan in this thread they'd argue to the death that he's the best in the league right now and the next MJ and everything

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Spurs, Thunder.... it's ON!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join