It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok now what is **THIS** OBJECT near the Sun, caught in 27 days of X-Ray images of NOAA????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I guess literally all NASA websites for Solar observation are down for several weeks, and coincidence or not there's this flawless timing between this huh... failure on NASA/SOHO servers and the increase of videos about anomalous objects lurking around the Sun, being uploaded on the internet and popularly discussed. So I was digging for other sources of Solar database and I stumbled upon NOAA GOES Solar X-Ray website, and they put this video with a compilation of the last 27 days, available for download. Well, that's what appears in the video (zoomed)...

sxi.ngdc.noaa.gov...

A rate of 25 fps, I assume we see 1 ½ day per second and whatever that is, obviously is moving slower. I strongly recommend you guys download the original video with time stamp and other information. This surely deserves a lot of attention and honestly I don't think it's an "artifact in the CCD of sensor" as probably will be told here in a few moments.

edit on 5/27/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

For the record, that's the type of X-Ray imagery available on NOAA website:

SXI Observation Sequence
The geosynchronous orbit of GOES allows it to have direct line-of-sight observations of the Sun, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. The only exception to this, is near equinox, when GOES enters Earth's shadow for up to one hour each day. SXI will collect an image once per minute and the exposure settings follow a sequence that is optimized to observe three primary phenomenon as they are reflected in the Solar atmosphere: coronal structures, active regions, and solar flares.

sxi.ngdc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I am far from expert but here's what it looks like to me.

Some kind of optical or imaging glitch with a repeating pattern. I don't have any more technical terms to describe it but the "object" appears in one location, move around wildly for a while, then jumps to another spot to move around. Then, it goes straight back to its original location. Rinse and repeat. Just my 2 cents.
ETA It looks light some kind of "trick of the light" (no pun intended).
edit on 27/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 27/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well it is not lens damage or a CCD artifact because it is jumping around all over place. The sun stays put in the video but 'it" is going crazy. Just how fast would something orbit the sun at that range? At that range it would have to be made of something that we have never even dreamed of to withstand the heat.

I just do not know.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

0:30 it took a massive coronal ejection and kept doing whatever it was doing. Georgio Tsoukalos jokes won't help at all.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well if it is "Some kind of optical or imaging glitch" it is one we have never seen before but strange things happen it space so we can not rule that out I guess.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

My personal opinion ALSO is that this is not an artifact. It's hard to go further with comments because as long as the other websites are down, we can't make comparisons. It looks like the imagery of NOAA is more "dirty" than SOHO. I wonder why NASA websites are crashed... But if that thing is a solid object near the Sun, it has planetary dimensions.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
LoL It looks like a fly stuck behind a window.

But I wonder if there is a connection with that sphere blocking or absorbing the solar flare posted on this site few days ago

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

IF it is an object it is orbiting the Sun in sync with the Earth. I watched the 27 day vid and in that time the Earth travelled about 27 degrees around the Sun. If something were in orbit that close to the Sun it should be orbiting much faster.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

it has planetary dimensions.which would mean that it defines the laws of known phsics,,
it has the ,,desity of a mosquito,,if u know what i mean,,
and only a body of anti-matter?,,in known physics,,laws,,can explain its seeming,disregard for
mass,,, speed,, and velocity.
ok yes a fly,,as i just read.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Sorry, I don't see your point. The imagery is provided by a satellite. What the "inclination of Earth" has to do with anything??

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

To be honest I don't know what the inclination of the Earth is. In simple terms, if the Earth's orbit is viewed as a circle around the Sun the the Earth travels about 1 degree per day. 360 degrees, 365 days. The satellite is in a geosynchronous orbit of Earth.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

True enough. It is what my eyes see and nothing more, it looks more like a strange sort of shadow rather than a physical object but I could be wrong.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

To be honest I don't know what the inclination of the Earth is. In simple terms, if the Earth's orbit is viewed as a circle around the Sun the the Earth travels about 1 degree per day. 360 degrees, 365 days. The satellite is in a geosynchronous orbit of Earth.

If you are talking about the inclination of Earth's orbit in relation to the ecliptic plan, I still don't see how can you possibly know whether that object is moving in synchronicity with Earth.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

My personal opinion ALSO is that this is not an artifact. It's hard to go further with comments because as long as the other websites are down, we can't make comparisons. It looks like the imagery of NOAA is more "dirty" than SOHO. I wonder why NASA websites are crashed... But if that thing is a solid object near the Sun, it has planetary dimensions.

The spot in the image repeats a regular pattern, continuously, which shows that this is an artifact produced in the mechanism of the device. The GOES X-Ray system uses multiple filters , executed from a database of instructions of what to analyze in successive frames.

In the example, the "Patrol" block loops through the same 8 image set for 112 minutes. This set includes a thin polyimide pair at 4 minute cadence, and a thick polyimide and a thin beryllium pair at 8 minute cadence. These cover the CS, AR, and FL intent categories, respectively. Four times a day this set is interrupted for 8 minutes to execute a special differential emission measure (DEM) set, and eight times a day it switches to a "Test" set, used here to evaluate the relative merits of alternate exposures. Later GOES-13 sequences will take advantage of the abililty to routinely downlink multiple images per minute. The most obvious application is to augment the regular patrol sequence by using the 20 sec per minute of downlink left free in the previous example to take additional flare-related images, say, using the aluminum and thick beryllium filters. This can be effected by either taking one additional full-size image every other minute, or by adding binned, compressed, and/or partial images even more frequently. The SXI imaging system enables synchronizing image execution to within a second during the observing minute, so that such additional images can be scheduled accurately.

Source: NOAA SWCP

This constant injection of filters repeat in a pattern, so the 'dot' that moves around is some kind of permanent artifact in the equipment that gets slightly modified each time that a filter is positioned. It eventually completes the sequence and goes right back to execute them again.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The debunkers should be flocking in to tell you it's a fly on the lens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

And you know better? By all means please tell us what it IS.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
OK, I think I may have figured out what is going on here. It is a glitch but one I had not though of until just now. It is a image stabilization artifact. There is something on the lens like dust. The dust is not moving. It is staying on one spot. As the satellite bounces around taking pictures over the 27 days the image stabilization software repositions the sun in each frame to keep it from jumping around during playback. This gives the illusion that the speck on the lens is moving when it is not.

EDIT: It seems that charlyv posted while I was doing a little research on image stabilization artifacts and seems to be thinking along the same lines.
edit on 5/27/2012 by fixer1967 because: to add

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I'm inclined on agreeing with you. Now, looking more carefully in the original video, I see what appears to be part of a framed mark or something hidden in the right lower corner, that eventually shows up quickly and moves in sync with the dark spot. I guess it solves it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join