It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent design is taught in schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Schools are supposed to be for learning, not story time.

Teaching kids myths, is doing them a disservice. Now granted evolution as much as there is evidence for it, there are still disputes and theories that are pending real world verification.

However there's far more evidence and scientific study into evolution than any creation myth out there.

So in short, leave fairy tales to the church and science to the schools.

I for one would be quite upset that my tax dollars are being used to fund nonsense in the classroom.

~Tenth
edit on 5/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Most of the way through my schooling, I was taught Newtonian Physics.

My children are still being taught Newtonian Physics.

It should be removed from the curriculum, because it's nonsense.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
reply to post by chr0naut

If evolution is a belief than is gravity a belief also. The concept of evolution being a belief or a hypothesis just illustrates that one has not really been exposed to the concept enough to understand. Actually calling it a belief represents an ignorance of the scientific method.

When we quit teaching science Anything is possible.

Science is a belief system too. It is not somehow something different. Many of the paradigms upon which Science is based are imperfectly understood (like Gravity). This is why Science changes as knowledge is acquired.

The latest Science holds that Gravity is not a force or field but arises from the curvature of space-time. Yet this is NOT what is taught in most schools.

<< 1   >>

join