It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watched John Carter for the first time, and uh....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is it just me but for a Disney movie they had alot of actors that should never be in a children's movie, the plot seemed so rushed and each scene was something so random that if i had to put money on it, it'd almost be a believable story since it was so random, seriously think of your most interesting story of your life and didn't it almost seem that each thing one after the next that happened was like the way they put the movie together. Idk seemed like a big story straight off a Sumerian clay tablet to me, but i just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
Is it just me but for a Disney movie they had alot of actors that should never be in a children's movie, the plot seemed so rushed and each scene was something so random that if i had to put money on it, it'd almost be a believable story since it was so random, seriously think of your most interesting story of your life and didn't it almost seem that each thing one after the next that happened was like the way they put the movie together. Idk seemed like a big story straight off a Sumerian clay tablet to me, but i just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

Took my kids last night to the second run theater and watched it. Each of the new movies lately show the sky God as the villain and man as the hero fighting the evil God. The delusion twists truth.

edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I actually enjoyed the movie despite it receiving a lot of criticism.
Apparently Disney lost a lot of money producing it as well.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just saw it
a few nights ago

thought it was Awesome...

all be it I never read the books

but I thought it was well done
I didn't have any problem following
the scene continuity

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas77
I actually enjoyed the movie despite it receiving a lot of criticism.e
Apparently Disney lost a lot of money producing it as well.

It is not true to true to the book. Noticed that after seeing the book in a bookstore.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my thing is, if i was dude , i'd of been doin all kinds of stuff rather than be half steppin with that medallion , he should've been smashed the red chick

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

I frankly don't know exactly what you were trying to say except that he jumped from one "kill or be killed' situation into another. That got wearisome after about a dozen of those. I wanted him to get killed and the movie to be over. My daughter and I both rated it as a stinker. Simple too much of everything. But then I didn't are for Battleship either. --Best movie in years was Avatar.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I haven't seen it yet.
I've heard & read really bad things about it, but I'll probably still check it out.
I like these kind of movies.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I dont know, I rather enjoyed it, about an 8. It was fast paced and full of adventure and edge of your seat action, but I do agree that he was more than clumsy with the medallion and its obvious he is not a critical thinker, but all in all I liked it. Its nice that Disney is making movies for the older crowd. I have kids and to get away from the cartoons is nice but movies like "Herbie", "That Shaggy Dog", and "Return to Witch Mountain" can get a little boring as an adult. So to have the newer genres of Disney movies like "Clash of the Titans" and "John Carter" it is refreshing. As for it being believable? I have had a long standing theory that we as humans originated there and migrated here in our prehistory then lost our technology due to specialization of jobs, exactly as we are doing today here on Earth, so I think its plausible.

As for the poster that brought up "Battleship" I liked it but there at the end, when they used that one thing to do what they needed to do and it worked when the newer things they had in the first place did not I found a little cheesy
(no spoilers here), but all in all I thought it was good, about a 7. And you are right "Avatar" was a 10(theater 3D version).

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
not to Derail the thread
but every1 rating Avatar a 10
needs to remember
it was just a Re Hatch of Dances with Wolves
but instead of indigenous Sioux natives you had Smurfs...
& remember when comparing the 2
1 is a Disney
the other is not

how could you not love
the giant salamander dog buddy

ZeroUnlmtd
I also would not have
waited that long to "smash"
the red princess

top topics

join