It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a fun Article that Asks: 5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Found a fun article on why some of us (read most lol) would like a Zombie Apocalypse. Raises some interesting questions, funny idea's and snippets of reality.

All right, somebody needs to explain the zombie thing. It's not just movies and video games, there is something else going on. There's a Zombie Survival Wiki and a Zombie Preparedness Initiative. Then you've got the Zombie Squad's forum on zombie biology and another one on zombie combat tactics. Here's an index of 80 threads from the "All Things Zombie" forums on various zombie survival tactics. It's gone beyond good fun. It's not just a mere obsession. These people are actually preparing for a zombie apocalypse. So why is everyone so eager for a world devoid of life, but full of the undead? We think we have an idea.

So read and enjoy

5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse

So tell me, why do you want/feel/wish we could have an aplocalypse

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The simpler way of life really appeals to me (granted, I think the stress of constantly looking over your shoulder would spoil that quite a bit).

Well, and maybe the whole violence thing, I have some buried/pent up anger issues I think.

In all seriousness, while I enjoy zombie flicks/books/websites, etc.... I don't especially want to see the zombie apocalypse happen. I have a family. Maybe if I was single, I'd root for it to happen a little more enthusiastically.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Vary fair points buddy

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
1. destroy the system
2. killing zombies could be fun
3. survival of the fittest hopefully all the dumb ones die and the smart ones survive and strive. empty the gene pool of the ones that dont deserve to live.
4. freedom from the tyrants
5. could go around and do whatever you want after the zombies die out. No more price tags on the world and all that is in it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I do not "secretly" want a zombie apocalypse, Outright I'd love for it to happen.
As long as I do not get bit and keep the ones I love from getting bitten, all should work out fine.
Plus, while everyone is looting the jewelers, walmarts, sporting goods stores, Etc. I'm going to my local Hostess bakery and taking truckloads of Twinkies, hoho's, fruit pies, Etc.
I could become rich, but I think I'd rather die fat and happy!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That was a fun read.
# 3 really makes sense to me. I've been thinkin about grabbing my bug-out bag up and just disappearing for a while, just because. It would be cleansing.
Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Glad you like, some very interesting and funny points I thought

edit on 30-5-2012 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wait what?

Where is the violence?

Zombies are dead once dead they have no human right's after all dead is dead and they want to eat your brains!!!!

Personally?

IF a zombie apocalyspe ever happened it could be one of the best things that ever happened and by that a complete economic and political and societal breakdown where the survivors could live without a government master.

There will be clear and only two lines drawn the living and the dead, no more fighting with each other no matter how hollywood has portrayed it.

A common line and a common goal to stay alive people it's not about hey you get to kill people hell how can you kill someone who is already dead?

Best case scenario we would finally be more concern with what is happening outside our front door than what is happening 10,000 miles away.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't think people really WANT a zombie apocalypse. (or any other SHTF scenario).

Personally, I like electricity, gas stations, cable TV, the Internet, and air conditioning.

I'd REALLY miss these things...

I do think that the ability to shoot others without repercussions is a big part of it though. Heck, it's why my buddies and I are going paintballing tomorrow! Humans are inherently violent little creatures.

The looting bit is also appealing to many I suppose, although most anything good to loot would need power, so there you go....

The real appeal for me would just be so many damned less people in the world...

I like my space. I live in the country, but work in the city. Can't wait to get away from it each weekend.

new topics

top topics

join