It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by IMSAM

Sigh. Why is it people think the ancients did not have technology? Why does it always have to be aliens? Hello..., before the Great Flood the Antediluvians had technology, how do you think they built Atlantis? We are in the 4th Earth Age, the "4th Earth" for lack of a better way of explaining this.

Why does it always have to be some god damned E.T. with the technology, is man's ingenuity not enough? We were originally made to be gods, not mortals.

I didnt say it was aliens 100% and nothing else.We are discussing,could be anything.

My question was ancient aliens or ancient civilizations.Because i have similar opinions with you.Also yes we are in the 4th earth age and probably the last one.

And i also asked why does it seem that civilizations peak only to vanish afterwards.Are we harvested or something?why on our peak we seem to vanish?What happens?It seems like we always have a flood programmed to happen

To see what opinions other members have.Its a pollination of opinions

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by IMSAM

Sigh. Why is it people think the ancients did not have technology? Why does it always have to be aliens? Hello..., before the Great Flood the Antediluvians had technology, how do you think they built Atlantis? We are in the 4th Earth Age, the "4th Earth" for lack of a better way of explaining this.

Why does it always have to be some god damned E.T. with the technology, is man's ingenuity not enough? We were originally made to be gods, not mortals.

I didnt say it was aliens 100% and nothing else.We are discussing,could be anything.

My question was ancient aliens or ancient civilizations.Because i have similar opinions with you.Also yes we are in the 4th earth age and probably the last one.

And i also asked why does it seem that civilizations peak only to vanish afterwards.Are we harvested or something?why on our peak we seem to vanish?What happens?It seems like we always have a flood programmed to happen

To see what opinions other members have.Its a pollination of opinions

Read what you posted, you did state it was aliens. Whether you implied a % is irrelevant. Just look at you avatar. Yes we are all in discussion but it cannot be "anything". That type of jargon is a clear sign of one lacking logic. Its extremely possible human history is much older and human ingenuity is much older to. But aliens being involved with artifacts and ancient structures is 100% imagination. Nothing more. Your thread is a clear indication that you are hoping for aliens to have landed on this planet in the past or present.

Just read your signature.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

ok if you want we can debate if it was phrased right or not

this is a ufo forum and not an english school last i checked

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

ok if you want we can debate if it was phrased right or not

this is a ufo forum and not an english school last i checked

Ok , so tell me how you think this is all related to ET?Cause I have to tell you UFO's has nothing to do with man's imagination of aliens beings.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

From the OP:

The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

These are questions, not statements.

Let's just shoot the messenger if the topic at hand and the direction the discussion goes into doesn't suit the safe zone you grew up in.

Even if the OP believes 100% it's all alien origin, what gives? Can you PROVE otherwise?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

O my, why do so many threads become an argument of whether or not someone is using the term alien correctly. Alien just means foreign, an ancient civilization is pretty alien if you ask me. Now extraterritorial, that is not of this planet. extraterrestrials are aliens but aliens do not have to be extraterrestrial.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
sorry didn't read the whole thing but i think this could defiantly point towards ancient aliens, and or advanced civilizations but what i think is the most integrating is the theory that it may be evidence of time travel and\or alien time travel, just a thought

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The problem I see with these things presented as ooparts is that, even if real, they do not really show any connection with aliens.

they don't show any connection to aliens, as you so rightly say, in fact take the antikythera mechanism - a hand-shaped GEARED mechanism - what sort of space-fairing interstellar-traveling race would need a mechanical timepiece? They would be using highly advanced electronics, possibly with an energy source we couldn't even recognize, not some fairly crude hand-cut mechanical gears (as cool as it is, it's still has handmade gears).

Maybe the "aliens" were big on the whole 'steampunk' meme? That's about the only way to rationalize their involvement with these 'ooparts'.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Most people come to these forums to learn, ponder and discuss, others to bash. I generally find that the "Forum Bullies" are usually just out to try and take your lunch money, not add to the intellectual properties of a conversation pro or con.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

From the OP:

The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

These are questions, not statements.

Let's just shoot the messenger if the topic at hand and the direction the discussion goes into doesn't suit the safe zone you grew up in.

Even if the OP believes 100% it's all alien origin, what gives? Can you PROVE otherwise?

I don't have to prove otherwise. There is always a logical explanation for all UFO's or ancient structures: They were somehow man made. To think aliens (with no proof what so ever) is crazy or in the same boat as those evangelicals. Its all based on blind faith.

And your "quoted post" wasn't all he/she posted,,a bit more my friend. If my safe zone is using logic then you are always welcome to try it.

Good day

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

O my, why do so many threads become an argument of whether or not someone is using the term alien correctly. Alien just means foreign, an ancient civilization is pretty alien if you ask me. Now extraterritorial, that is not of this planet. extraterrestrials are aliens but aliens do not have to be extraterrestrial.

Then I suggest to copyright a new term for your confusing definition. Aliens has two meanings: Foreign resident and a label for extraterrestrial beings. The OP was referring extraterrestrial beings could or certainly created these objects or influenced by aliens.

I hope you get it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Great thread OP, thank you very much. Pretty much conclusive evidence that very intelligent beings and societies preceded us. People forget that some religions comprise the elites, and have a huge vested interest in suppressing things like this (always look for motivation), if people realized aliens were and had been interacting with us now and in the past, religious attendance and hence power would drop by about 90% overnight.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It has another definition as well, it can mean unfamiliar. In which case all the artifacts are most definitely alien artifacts at least until we familiarize ourself with their origin.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

It has another definition as well, it can mean unfamiliar. In which case all the artifacts are most definitely alien artifacts at least until we familiarize ourself with their origin.

Unfamiliar is a synonym for foreign. But I can assure you ,in this case the OP is referring to ET's. Can't understand why you are twisting an obvious issue, its based on the ET fallacy.

Carry on

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Much of what was posted has logical explanations. Starting off the group with the Antikythera mechanism was a poor choice. That item has a logical explanation and does fit the era in which it was made. Consider a wrist watch made of gears etc. They have been around for well over 100 years, yet to this day, I don't understand how they work. Because I don't understand doesn't diminish the age in which they were designed and made.

The true artifacts that are troubling is finding the grave of a modern human below a layer of slate that is 300 million years old. Either the slate layer was created in far less time than geologists claim, or humans have been around for a lot longer than anthropologists claim. Can't have it both ways.

Likewise, and if memory serves, back in the early 1900's a well was being dug. They had to go through a layer of rock to get to water. In the soil that was brought up by the well digging machine, was an Egyptian child's toy. The rock layer was incredibly old. So which came first the rock or the Egyptians?

It is also known that the Egyptians, the Chinese, the Romans, and the Greeks of old had immense ships, some well over 500 feet long, with huge rowing crews. Some of these ships were luxury liners of their day, and included on-board swimming pools, spas, etc. Some of these vessels were quite capable of reaching the Americas. Indeed at least one was recreated just before WWII but was destroyed by bombers during that conflict. Pliny and others mentioned them.

It is conjectured that there was at one time atomic bombs that destroyed much of civilization and left a layer of desert sand that had turned to glass. Remember Saul's wife who was turned into a pillar of salt? An atomic explosion could have resulted in that destruction mentioned in the Bible.

There is so much we don't know about the past. What would catch my eye would be remnants of the flying machines that are often mentioned in India's literature. Look up Vimanas.

Or finding a flying saucer buried in ancient rock.

Or finding a hidden tomb, complete with non-human (alien) bodies and equipment.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Unfamiliar is a synonym for foreign. But I can assure you ,in this case the OP is referring to ET's. Can't understand why you are twisting an obvious issue, its based on the ET fallacy.

Carry on

ET fallacy? Hello buddy, this is not the 19th century. The people on earth who believe in ET's are in the majority. Here is some ET fallacy for you:

Canadian defense minister on ET's:

www.youtube.com...

Mexican air force footage on Fox News:

www.youtube.com...

Surprisingly, much MSM coverage:

www.youtube.com...

Are you a jesuit? It seems at this point the church has the most to lose from ET disclosure.
edit on 27-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
ET fallacy? Hello buddy, this is not the 19th century. The people on earth who believe in ET's are in the majority.
But that doesn't make it real.

If things worked like that, Justin Bieber would be one of the best singers of all times.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Carry on

ET fallacy? Hello buddy, this is not the 19th century. The people on earth who believe in ET's are in the majority. Here is some ET fallacy for you:

Canadian defense minister on ET's:

www.youtube.com...

Mexican air force footage on Fox News:

www.youtube.com...

Surprisingly, much MSM coverage:

www.youtube.com...

Are you a jesuit? It seems at this point the church has the most to lose from ET disclosure.
edit on 27-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

No , I am not a jesuit. I'm 100% atheist. But more so I base all my beliefs on logic; NEVER on imagination,hope and blind faith. If these 3 videos is evidence for you then I say your imagination and faith has gone unchecked by your given gift of logic.

Explain to me what study gave you the notion ET believers are the majority? Is it do to spending time on ATS? Or is it do to Hollywood?

You need to drop the remote and discipline your imaginations. Please understand how impossible space travel is for any being. Yes ,,is it plausible for intelligent life to exist elsewhere, sure, but my friend the laws of space travel are the same for everyone and any being that solves that riddle will be considered Gods. Trust me you do not want any being thinking its Gods taxing thru out our atmosphere.

Good day

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If you dont like this thread i am sure you will find others that will catter to your taste.Stop derailing this thread already,if you dont have anything to add dont post at all

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
reply to post by IMSAM

Most people come to these forums to learn, ponder and discuss, others to bash. I generally find that the "Forum Bullies" are usually just out to try and take your lunch money, not add to the intellectual properties of a conversation pro or con.

Yes i seem to notice that lately.

reply to post by IMSAM

Great thread OP, thank you very much. Pretty much conclusive evidence that very intelligent beings and societies preceded us. People forget that some religions comprise the elites, and have a huge vested interest in suppressing things like this (always look for motivation), if people realized aliens were and had been interacting with us now and in the past, religious attendance and hence power would drop by about 90% overnight.

Knowledge is power and thats why we are being kept in the dark

You need to drop the remote and discipline your imaginations. Please understand how impossible space travel is for any being. Yes ,,is it plausible for intelligent life to exist elsewhere, sure, but my friend the laws of space travel are the same for everyone

By insulting him i guess you don't have anything of value to confront him with? Is it proven he has a remote sewn into his hand?Or are you implying that he is not smart?

So yeah drop the attitude

As for the laws of space travel being the same for everyone i disagree.Because we are limited by our knowledge and fly with rockets.Aliens fly in discs so they seem to know something more at the moment that we dont

So yeah the laws are not the same for everyone as its not sure that we will follow the same technological path.We are limited by our knowledge
and who is to say aliens abide by those rules?We dont know their physiology to know if tehy abide by these rules.Eg octopus living in high pressures that we cant etc

And have in mind that because there are so many other nationalities here the language barrier is hard to bypass.Its hard to communicate what you mean when english is not your first language

@ rest

Those of you who say that all are man made,i ask why did they make these items of great precision and elaborate design and then this technology didnt evolve??They made the antikythera mechanism and said thats the apex of techonology?we reached the top?Why didnt technology progress?

edit on 28-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join