It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno

Its Nazca isn't it... And they were made by man(who else would it be).

Yep humans
who else could it be
Or humans with the help of someone else maybe?

The Nazca designs dont exist in the nazcans potteries. And lets not discuss how they were done.From the ground.Unless you believe They had blimps.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So what we make statues and sculptures out of ice nowdays. And make stuff im sure they would be stumped.... Different Era's, different tools and technology, and different objects made. No aliens

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Agreeing with your line thought means we accept that multiple civilizations have come and gone from earth.Sure i can follow that.Just mainstream archeology says whatever civilization we ever had is within these 2000-4000 years.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
And lets not discuss how they were done.From the ground.Unless you believe They had blimps.

If you know what you are drawing you don't need to see it from far away, you just need to use your brain.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Just mainstream archeology says whatever civilization we ever had is within these 2000-4000 years.

I thought it was something like 8000 or 9000 years, maybe we have different definitions of civilization.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I thought it was something like 8000 or 9000 years, maybe we have different definitions of civilization.

Its good that you mention that Armap

Well technically primitive civilizations begun at about 12000-14000 years ago.Egyptian civ started around 5000 its good to clarify that.

As for the ground theory i disagree.They have a tower over there for tourists and even from atop you cant see anything,Thus they have regular flights.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Its good that you mention that Armap

Well technically primitive civilizations begun at about 12000-14000 years ago.Egyptian civ started around 5000 its good to clarify that.

As for the ground theory i disagree.They have a tower over there for tourists and even from atop you cant see anything,Thus they have regular flights.

Archaeologists believe the recently discovered Bosnian pyramid complex is 30,000 - 40,000 years old.

threadsofspiderwoman.blogspot.ca...

bpblognews.blogspot.ca...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Some people do not need to see what they are drawing to make something better than most people can while looking carefully at what they are doing, as they have the mental image of what they are drawing and have the spatial notion of where they are in the drawing.

Also, it's easy to use ropes or even just some rocks or sticks to mark special points in the drawing to act as guides.

Those things are easier to do than most people think.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Its Nazca isn't it... And they were made by man(who else would it be).

Yep humans
who else could it be
Or humans with the help of someone else maybe?

The Nazca designs dont exist in the nazcans potteries. And lets not discuss how they were done.From the ground.Unless you believe They had blimps.

Again you give your human ancestors no credit. You are assuming that what you have been told about past civilizations are spot on. I for one don't. There is no way we go from supposed hunter-gatherers to Sumerian's creating a bible that sounds strait out of some Star Trek Hollywood series. I really don't care what the content says in the Sumerian Tabs but the fact we had idiotic cavemen then suddenly,next phase Scyfy story tellers is a complete fabrication. Our known past human history is incomplete.

Your blimp comment is a perfect example of a modern human blind sided by the status quo.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I really don't care what the content says in the Sumerian Tabs but the fact we had idiotic cavemen then suddenly,next phase Scyfy story tellers is a complete fabrication.

That's one of the problems, most people see people from the stone age as idiots, but I'm sure most of those would not be able to think about making stone tools or how to make fire without ever seeing how to do it.

They may have been primitive, but they weren't retarded.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In fact, similar motifs do exist in the artwork of the Nazca.

Please use facts in your arguments.

Harte

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Havent seen this before thank you for bringing it to my attention
and if you have more info please post it

reply to post by Harte

You are correct and i was wrong.Indeed we find the line patterns in pottery aswell. I should do a research on this alford guy

The fact is the lines where made by low land surveyor techniques as most academics believe,And that is not fact just an assumption.Till we find more evidence lets leave the lines as are and continue with the thread

Some people do not need to see what they are drawing to make something better than most people can while looking carefully at what they are doing, as they have the mental image of what they are drawing and have the spatial notion of where they are in the drawing.

That i can accept

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Talk about thread derailment.Do we have more weird parts because they look interesting.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Real archaeologist? It wouldn't be the first time that the people behind that "discovery" say someone agrees with the idea that that hill is a pyramid without that someone knowing. When they know about it they denied it.

There are too many dubious things about that "discovery" and not one (that I know) convincing thing.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I really don't care what the content says in the Sumerian Tabs but the fact we had idiotic cavemen then suddenly,next phase Scyfy story tellers is a complete fabrication.

That's one of the problems, most people see people from the stone age as idiots, but I'm sure most of those would not be able to think about making stone tools or how to make fire without ever seeing how to do it.

They may have been primitive, but they weren't retarded.

Your emotions prevented you from seeing my point. But I will take the blame for not explaining it correctly. Whether cavemen were stupid or not ,no one will really know; and it also depends of what level of intelligence are we stipulating.
But if you compare the level of intellect of cavemen and compare it to a Sumerian priest, then who would be and sound retarded?. In addition we are told these two levels of intellect are side by side in our historical time line.

Which is complete bullsh*t.

Again I apologize for not being specific enough. And I apologize if I have offended any cavemen on ATS....jeje

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Your emotions prevented you from seeing my point.
No emotions there, just a reminder.

And I did see your point, but we don't have any way of knowing how close or far people from those two eras were from each other.
Cavemen may have had their own "sci-fi" stories, but they didn't wrote them, so we don't have any way of knowing if they were as imaginative and creative as those that followed them.

But if you compare the level of intellect of cavemen and compare it to a Sumerian priest, then who would be and sound retarded?
That's hard to tell, as don't have data for that, we can only imagine.

In addition we are told these two levels of intellect are side by side in our historical time line.
Side by side? What about the 5000 years between them?

Again I apologize for not being specific enough. And I apologize if I have offended any cavemen on ATS....jeje
Apologies accepted, but I can only speak for the first case.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Your emotions prevented you from seeing my point.
No emotions there, just a reminder.

And I did see your point, but we don't have any way of knowing how close or far people from those two eras were from each other.
Cavemen may have had their own "sci-fi" stories, but they didn't wrote them, so we don't have any way of knowing if they were as imaginative and creative as those that followed them.

But if you compare the level of intellect of cavemen and compare it to a Sumerian priest, then who would be and sound retarded?
That's hard to tell, as don't have data for that, we can only imagine.

In addition we are told these two levels of intellect are side by side in our historical time line.
Side by side? What about the 5000 years between them?

Apologies accepted, but I can only speak for the first case.

You're right,, we have no way of knowing how far apart the two distinctive eras were. But we are all taught in school and on TV that Hunter-gatherers were step 1 and the Sumerians were step 2(if I insulted your intellect with the "step" thing sorry). Yes I know you say 5000 years between both "steps", but that's a theory and frankly there are many source that say hunter-gatherers ended 10k years ago and the Meso era began 10k years ago(hell,, they even made a movie called 10,000bc; not saying its accurate , it sucked actually). My point is whether its 5000k or 100k apart , it doesn't matter,because:

A) we are not told what happened in that time period of transition

Or

B) if there was no time between what caused this sudden change

And yes Cavemen could have had syfy stories,, but that doesn't make them as almost identical in era with the Sumerians.

And its not hard to tell. Hunter-gathers didn't write and Sumerians did..right?.. As if you are lobbying for the cavemen,,,jeje

Basically what I am asking is who taught the Sumers to think like Sumers? Another past civilization must have educated them on stuff like :the other planets orbiting with earth(which sumers new this)(and it wasn't the bunk alien theory either).

This is why I call bunk on the theory of: "once there was caveman then suddenly sprang a cradle of agriculture/writings/and early technologies called cities"

I don't believe it.

Take care

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Basically what I am asking is who taught the Sumers to think like Sumers?
Why would they need to be taught? Why couldn't they had they're own thoughts, but as they could write them we can still read them?

Another past civilization must have educated them on stuff like :the other planets orbiting with earth(which sumers new this)(and it wasn't the bunk alien theory either).
I don't there's the need for a past civilization, I see it as normal sequence of knowledge gathering throughout the years, and from the moment people could write, things got much easier, as we can see in something like ATS.

This is why I call bunk on the theory of: "once there was caveman then suddenly sprang a cradle of agriculture/writings/and early technologies called cities"
I never heard it presented that way, do people really say that? Is that taught in schools?

PS: my intellect doesn't feel insulted with things like that, it gets much worse from itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Havent seen this before thank you for bringing it to my attention
and if you have more info please post it

I have some:

In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[16] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology."[3]

Source: wiki

As for the poster's claim that:

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Archaeologists believe the recently discovered Bosnian pyramid complex is 30,000 - 40,000 years old.

threadsofspiderwoman.blogspot.ca...

bpblognews.blogspot.ca...

Neither of his two links supports it, and my linked excerpt supports the opposite claim: that no archaeologist on Earth believes that there is even a "pyramid complex" present at Visoko, regardless of what PlanetXisHere wants to believe.

BTW, you could go by his username ("PlanetXisHERE"). That's enough to refute any such claim he may make, without anyone providing any facts to the contrary whatsoever.

reply to post by Harte

You are correct and i was wrong.Indeed we find the line patterns in pottery aswell. I should do a research on this alford guy

The fact is the lines where made by low land surveyor techniques as most academics believe,And that is not fact just an assumption.Till we find more evidence lets leave the lines as are and continue with the thread

IMSAM,

It's a most welcome sight indeed when a poster at ATS responds in the manner you have chosen here.

Kudos to you, and thanks for restoring at least a modicum of my sorely lacking faith in human intellect.

Basically what I am asking is who taught the Sumers to think like Sumers? Another past civilization must have educated them on stuff like :the other planets orbiting with earth(which sumers new this)(and it wasn't the bunk alien theory either).

Point of fact: the Sumerians did not have any idea of the planets orbiting anything, be it the Sun or even the Earth.

You're relying on a failed economist's made-up version, created to sell books and scrape together a lousy, and fraudulent, living.

Hunter-gatherers were quite capable. Ever heard of Gobekli Tepe? It's 12,000 years old. That's further in time before the Sumerians than the Sumerians are before the present time.

Çatalhöyük is another site that predates Sumer by at least 2500 years. Çatalhöyük is an actual city.

I would suggest that you attempt to learn even the tiniest sliver of ancient history prior to announcing this or that "fact" about the development of civilization; a term which, as an aside, you likewise seem to not understand.

Harte
edit on 6/1/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Basically what I am asking is who taught the Sumers to think like Sumers?
Why would they need to be taught? Why couldn't they had they're own thoughts, but as they could write them we can still read them?

Another past civilization must have educated them on stuff like :the other planets orbiting with earth(which sumers new this)(and it wasn't the bunk alien theory either).
I don't there's the need for a past civilization, I see it as normal sequence of knowledge gathering throughout the years, and from the moment people could write, things got much easier, as we can see in something like ATS.

I never heard it presented that way, do people really say that? Is that taught in schools?

PS: my intellect doesn't feel insulted with things like that, it gets much worse from itself.

I respect your view that there's no need for a "past civilization"

But,,,

There is no way Sumers just taught themselves on how the cosmos works . That's pretty advanced for being supposedly the first true civilization... Right? That's like saying America is what it is today without having influence from Europe.

And you say "you never heard it this way",, every time teachers or professors in class ,tv or the movies tend to always express this vital period as if it was a normal transition. When ,in fact, it was probably the most important period in human history. I know,, your rebuttal would be the ability to write and specific tongues were the catalysts. But ,if that was the case there would have been a pre-sumer civilization before the well known Sumerians. Basically an evolution of knowledges being past down.

I guess there is no need to continue cause we probably ruined IMSAM's thread.

All the best

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join