It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO TV Show to Premier on National Geographic Channel June 29

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The investigators include James Fox, Erin Ryder, and Ben McGee.

It's apparently called 'Chasing UFOs', and although I like James Fox, I'm skeptical of how far this thing can go. I have never heard of Erin Ryder or Ben McGee but at least this is coming from NatGeo and not the History Chanel right?

www.ufocasebook.com...

I guess we just hope for the best right now. No one wants another UFO Hunters...

edit on 25-5-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
James Fox was amazing in Ray!!!
This show is going to be exactly as good as Ghost Hunters and Ancient Aliens combined!!!
Thats a guarantee...
-chris

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I won't be a fan. Looks like they are trying to make this a cool thing for teenagers and people smoking funny cigarretes while watching tv. High rating for sure but not a second season hopely.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This looks like it could be an all time low for UFO investigations.

Most people go thier entire lives without seeing anything really significant but i get the feeling that every week they are going to miraculously find something they can pass of as a UFO. This show is really going to lower the standards of what people will consider to be a real sighting of an alien space craft.

Its 'Bigfoot Hunters' with UFO's

edit on 25-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Weird, isn't NG like the Anti-History channel, meaning the one with the debunking shows?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone
James Fox was amazing in Ray!!!
This show is going to be exactly as good as Ghost Hunters and Ancient Aliens combined!!!
Thats a guarantee...
-chris

I totally doubt anything can be like UFO Hunters. That was EPIC. Loved to see how the producers of the show clearly sabotaged Bill Birnes, with the shill guys on his team, train-wrecking each episode. I mean, no matter how compelling Birnes' researches could be, in the end of the each episode, they NEVER had any conclusive case. And the ex-Marine bearded guy of the team, who was supposed to support Birnes, was always doubtful. Even though Bill Birnes pulled some epic stunts during the seasons and pissed off A LOT of people, sniffing around in military bases, interviewing military insiders and sh*t. In one of the last episodes of the last season, I guess it was about black-triangle crafts, he called a retired Army col. LIAR right on his face and made him look like a huge *ss in front of the camera.

If the guys of this new show dare to go wild as UFO Hunters, they won't last much longer.
edit on 5/25/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

UFO hunters has earned tons of cash for those involved in the making of the program; but that's about it!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I was being funny...at least i thought i was

I especially was pleased with my joke mistaking james fox for jamie foxx......but noone got it...

Guess im not that funny

-chris

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I will check this show out, what they filmed in that clip look pretty good. I missed the first show....any idea where I can find the full episode ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lee63

I really doubt you missed anything, because it doesn't premier for over a month!

Chasing UFOs premieres Friday, June 29 at 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM ET/PT.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think Erin Ryder was on that show with Josh Gates. Destination Truth, i think.

And... I DID think the James/Jamie Fox(x) thing was good. Maybe that tells more about me than the humor value of your joke, though...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Bumping this thread as the show premeirs in just 5 days
2nd line

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For those of you that are familiar with James Fox and his work, I can imagine you are surprised he is involved in such a sensationalist show. I address this in my blog and have a link there as well to a video where James gives an interview explaining his involvement in this show. It makes total sense. Check it out!

James Fox: Chasing UFOs on NatGeo?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Billy Cox has seen the first 2 episodes, his opinion, clicky: devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com...

Looks like another sensationalist program aiming for cheap thrills, too bad...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I just remote viewed to the future and saw the season finale. A bunch of lights that can't be easily identified at night are shown and marked as Unidentified . No new evidence nor daylight video in HD is released. Highlight of the season is that we know nothing new nor nothing less than before. On the good news, the show made a good chunk of money in advertising.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I watched Chasing UFOs episode four titled UFO Landing Zone? on the Blockbuster channel
last saturday, they have been broadcasting this complete episode daily sponsored by National
Geographic, this episode is supposed to be released on July 13, 2012 but it's now airing in this
Blockbuster Channel. The episode covers the infamous UFO crash footage same that we have
discussed here and the Holloman AFB in New Mexico and Roswell all of them related to the
UFO crash footage according to them and concluded nothing. The team made interviews and
also an infrared skywatch.

In my opinion this is a mix among UFO Hunters - Fact or Faked and a little bit of reality show.
Lots of acting on locations but anyway it was entertaining.
edit on 25-6-2012 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2012 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

These kinds of shows...I like and dislike at the same time. Always claiming to have found all this awesome "evidence", but never being able to really provide evidence of anything, at the same time...

I will give it a look, but, like another said, it looks like bigfoot hunter, just with UFO's.....

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Just finished watching.

There's definitely some acting, but in my opinion it actually wasn't too bad. The footage they captured was interesting to say the least.

I'm interested to see what they're gonna do next.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This looks like something that would be on ABC Family. I'll give it a try but my expectations are below low.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm watching the premier now, and not finding it very well done. At one point they were distracted by animals in the forest. Totally off topic. If it were an ATS thread that scene would have been removed.

During the public forum, one man came up with footage that looked like flare drops and they went with it. No mention of direction changes or speed changes that indicate abnormal flight patterns during any of the eye witness accounts.

The pilot's formation flying had little relation to his night sighting, the difference was... Well, day and night.

Then there's a guy who recorded a UFO from his back yard and claimed it moved steadily until it faded out of view, yet this fading out of view was not shown in the show but edited in. The music is over dramatic, and sound effects at times redundantly looped. Shoulder mounted cameras on the hosts during the night scenes seemed silly and distracting. We want to see UFOs, not Blair Witch footage. Now at the tail end of the show, there is a miraculous night sighting to conclude the premier - How convenient.

Overall, a mildly amusing show that I was unable to take seriously throughout. It appears there is another episode playing directly afterwards, we'll see if it's any better...

Update, ten minutes into the next episode and they found a dog toy! They have a guy with a FLIR mobile unit and are not utilizing it to look at the skies, but at the co hosts stumbling around a field with a set of night vision goggles that're out of focus. It's gone from bad to hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join