It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House OKs defense bill despite Obama's veto threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
House OKs defense bill despite Obama's veto threat

Washington --

Ignoring a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House approved a $642 billion defense budget Friday that breaks a deficit-cutting deal with President Obama and restricts his authority in an election-year challenge to the Democratic commander in chief.

The House voted 299-120 for the fiscal 2013 spending blueprint that authorizes money for weapons, aircraft, ships and the war in Afghanistan - $8 billion more than Obama and congressional Republicans agreed to last summer in the clamor for fiscal austerity.

LINK

I think it is pretty hypocritical for the GOP controlled house to raise the debt beyond

the previously agreed amount.

They have been the one's hollering about the need for fiscal restraint and they are the

one's trying to incur more debt.

Oddly enough, Obama is the one attempting to stem the spending....

Gotta love those politicians!

edit on 24-5-2012 by Beanskinner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
These politicians are the biggest load of liars I can imagine.

They yell about debt and spending, but then they turn around and break the

standards they set? Then they point their fingers at the President on top of it.

This country is going down the tubes

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Of course the GOP has a huge military budget, their best buddies and largest contributors will reap the huge profits with that bloated budget.

The American Political scene-Dem or Rep, the best lying corksuckers that money can buy.

Derek

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Of course the GOP has a huge military budget, their best buddies and largest contributors will reap the huge profits with that bloated budget.

The American Political scene-Dem or Rep, the best lying corksuckers that money can buy.

Derek

These people are the worst kind of liars because they claimed to go in there and

cut the spending.

I hope they are get fired!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They have a two way strategy. They talked the talk to bully Obama and his Administration last year to garner support last summer for fiscal austerity. Anyone remember how much of a White House/Obama smear campaign the GOP made of that? Obama of course responded in like but was valid in his efforts then when doing so.

The GOP had it on there agenda from day one to bolster Military spending but they had to let Obama look weak in front of the American public by making cuts to Military spending which means loss of jobs and weaker National Security. Note that most concerned American citizens do not correlate National Security to just sovereign soil but mostly abroad as well where our interests and safety are concerned.

So the GOP dealt two blows to the White House and Obama politically.

Now the fun part. They are showing those fine colors of theirs by bolstering national Defense and National Security as vital and worth increasing the deficit. After all, Americans want a strong and safe Nation right? The GOP sells it and many Americans eat it up.

Now, Obama looks weak for daring to Veto the bill with regard to national Security and defense and Americans are more than willing in the majority to deal with the financial blow under said guise.

The GOP sees it as a win from every angle and it hurts Obama and his campaign.

Just an opinionated observation.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

I think it is pretty hypocritical for the GOP controlled house to raise the debt beyond

the previously agreed amount.

They have been the one's hollering about the need for fiscal restraint and they are the

one's trying to incur more debt.

Oddly enough, Obama is the one attempting to stem the spending....

Gotta love those politicians!

S&F

What a complete load! These neo cons are hell bent on feeding the war machine.

One thing you didn’t point out was that Tea Party was working with democrats to remove the portion of the bill that authorizes the indefinite detention of suspected terrorists, even of U.S. citizens captured on American soil; unfortunately it failed.

I won’t even attempt to justify this recent move by the GOP. They no longer represent me or my values.

Spending is out of control!

edit on 24-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The only load here is in thinking that the other party isn't playing the same games. Both sides reek, Dems happen to stink a little more imo. We as a nation need to start voting for candidates, not parties.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The only load here is in thinking that the other party isn't playing the same games. Both sides reek, Dems happen to stink a little more imo. We as a nation need to start voting for candidates, not parties.

I agree! The two parties might as well merge at this point. I can hardly tell them apart anymore.

But the Tea Party isn’t a “party” YET but rather a set of ideals.

top topics

join