It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Hypocrisy on Full Display…Another Non-Issue by the Left

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You always seems to word it better than I....not to good with getting my thought across...thanks for expanding on it...It should not be forced wages determined by the government. Beyond minimum wage and equal pay for equal work, they rest should be determined by the employer as they see fit.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have a new rule, for myself, mind you. When I enter a thread and all the comments on the first page are ugly.
I'm brushing the dust from my feet, writing Ichobod over the door and leaving. Bye bye.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Listen to this fool try to change the subject and deflect it back on his accuser. A tactic taught to lefties straight out of Saul alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Beanskinner
Women do get paid less than men in general -

100 years ago, Women got paid 5 times less than men on average for doing the same job.

Today I believe it is near 30%

It is my opinion that if women could magically make as much as men overnight, our

economy would be better off. They would have more to spend, which would increase

sales and a need for more employees, etc. I think women should be paid the same if

their performance merits it and in many cases I think that is the case.

Women are beautiful and hard working just like the rest of us, I like women

These stats always baffle me. Nowhere I have worked do women get paid less than men for the same job and performance. Maybe it is only in tiny companies where this happens. For 20 years in the workforce, nearly every job is on structured salary, with raises based on performance ratings, or commissions. I seriously would like to know where this pay inequality happens.

I'm with you buddy, I've never witnessed this myself.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by seabag

Seabag, you don't expect liberals to live by the laws and rules they dictate, do you?

We have pay disparity between the sexes. Okay for them, but if you do it, you're a hater.
We have the gun issues (it's okay for their bodyguards, but your family should get shot!)

Food, cars, homes, carbon footprints, taxes, drug testing, interns, . . . . . .

Hypocrisy, thy name is democrat.

The only thing as satisfying as watching Democrats getting owned................................................................................................................................................. ...................................................................................................................................................... ............................................ is watching Republicans getting owned.

America needs politicians who can stand on their own two feet and make up their own minds on the issues. Without the political gangsters to prop them up.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by dogstar23

Out of sheer curiosity...how would you know how much everyone gets paid. I work in an office of four people and have no clue how much anyone gets paid. It is against most companies policies and a general rule of etiquette to not talk about salary. Unless you were in payroll, how did you gain all this information at every place you ever worked at?

I've been in management most places I've worked, so I knew the pay rates and how they worked. There was never room to decide to pay someone more or less. Everywhere else I worked where I wasn't management, like where I am now, there is a set % of what each job gets for each piece of profit you participate in. Everyone within each job is the same
Again, I'm really not disputing the numbers, I really am curious where the problem lies. My guess is it has to be small businesses, because I've yet to see an example of a company who would allow it to happen.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
*Injects thread with truth serum*

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This picture is awesome and I need to make a T-shirt out of it!!

I'm always shocked by how many intelligent people here are so against one and for another - I guess party blindness even strikes truth seekers.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your reply had nothing to do with my statement. What I said had nothing to do with the importance of human rights.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am male, hear me roar. Here are trufax fer ya. I worked for a publicly traded company that employed about 70,000 peeps worldwide. Now I was paid quite handsomely and there was a female in the same location/branch where I worked, we held the same position in said organization, and we performed about the same quality. Here is what separated her and I, she had a college degree relevant to our job, I had no degree, she also had about 15 years more experience in our field than I, I made about $20,000 more per year than her. A promotion became available and we both threw our names in the hat, along with others, I was the one that received the promotion.

At the time we worked together, I had no idea what she made and she had no idea what I made. I left the company a couple of years later and her and I had stayed in touch. One day we were talking on the phone and she was venting some frustrations about her job and the subject of her pay came up and I was appalled! I was horrified that this woman with so much experience and an education would be paid so much less than a male counterpart.

I guess my point is, that I hear some people yelling "free market, it will balance everything out!" "regulation is killing our economy!" "let the market decide!". A free market capitalist economy could work, unfortunately there are far far too many unethical/corrupt/thieving business people/politicians in this world.

Source: I made $20,000 per year more than a female more qualified than me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ohaiderats

Maybe she wasn't good at the job and was just hanging on...that is what you can never know.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tfrost1980
reply to post by buster2010

Listen to this fool try to change the subject and deflect it back on his accuser. A tactic taught to lefties straight out of Saul alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

and A Tactic Mastered and perfected by FOX NEWS conservatives

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

THey just do. I have worked in coed all my life and yes FOR THE MOST PART, ALTHOUGH NOT EVERY SINGLE TIME, WOMEN WORK HARDER and smarter than men. They certainly dont stop working once they get home.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LAKOTAWINS

I think you fail to realize Seabag's response. This is important but not the most critical. If you try to fix this the house of cards starts to tumble. I understand women deserve equal pay for the same work and some do get it. However, no one is holding her to a job. She can leave for more pay like any man does. If he or she is comfortable than it is their issue. Let the law makers focus on the more critical issues like security and commerce. We as a people are not paying attention to the signs of a failing systems. You are too wrapped up on your agendas or sheeple being sent to the slaughter. Focus on the major things and allow stuff like this to work itself out is all i see.

Well said, Marine! That was my point. Although it is an important issue it is simply a distraction right now.

Apparently the distraction is working!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
*Injects thread with truth serum*

My OP was the truth serum.

While many allow themselves to be distracted by the left’s ‘equal pay’ issues, racial issues and class warfare the country is failing.

This issue is a false flag…there are more important issues at hand.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
**Business Party hypocrisy on full display...Another non-issue by the only party in the world**

FTFY

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join