It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The surface of Mars in fake color

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by Jefferton

How quickly we forget this picture:

S&F for you just for this photo. great thread!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

dude, thank you for reminding me the sky on earth changes color. However, the point is why Nasa makes mars photos more reddish. What I meant is that if mars photos color wasn't altered the sky would seem very familiar to us.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

seriously? Ok let me change it to: some sort of blue...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What rainbows/ I see dust, rusted metal, and shiney metal, metal reflects sunlight differently depending on the angle, that like one surefire way to tell CGI most of the time, the metal reflects too evenly, if it's natural the metal could reflect a type of rainbowish hue if hit correctly from the right angles....

It's an effect i struggle with in CG work ALL THE TIME..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Mars could have higher concentrations of certain chemicals in different areas, or chemicals that reflect the color much more depending on the time of day/amount of sun. There's no reason to believe the entire planet is one color. What exactly would there be to gain from altering it? Nothing.

Clearly, you have never seen this picture.
Look closely at the american flag. Now explain how that's done without a color filter? Ooops...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Please use google or ATS search function. (Especially the nay-sayers).

This has been discussed 100 times and it is a proven fact the images are altered with false color.

Look it up. They falsify colors on all sorts of stuff, this shouldn't be a surprise at all. You know those pics of Jupiter or Saturn that are so famous? They are fake colors too!

NASA is at fault for misleading people and providing altered evidence without making it totally clear to all laypersons that these images are slightly 'touched up'.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
this topic always made me wonder about where the rovers took the pictures. I mean before they launch them nasa always test them out on some really remote location that is "like the surface of mars" add in the blue sky and the fact they said they color adjusted the photos and it has to leave one wondering if its just a picture of earth

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

NASA do make it clear why they are false colour, I and several others have provided explanations and links as to why and it is perfectly innocent.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

NASA do make it clear why they are false colour, I and several others have provided explanations and links as to why and it is perfectly innocent.

I disagree about the innocence issue but that is morality, lying may be ok to you but to me it's wrong.

See it's only innocent if all these kids KNEW straight up it was false color.
They don't have a clue.

They actually believe and trust everything NASA says without question.

So saying that's perfectly innocent is in my opinion, highly questionable in itself!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
this topic always made me wonder about where the rovers took the pictures. I mean before they launch them nasa always test them out on some really remote location that is "like the surface of mars" add in the blue sky and the fact they said they color adjusted the photos and it has to leave one wondering if its just a picture of earth

Yes I wonder that too quite often.
The true color pics are highly reminiscent of a few Earth locales.

They are already misleading people about all sorts of other things so it wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was some sort of huge hoax.

Don't blame me for lacking the capability to trust these people ever again.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I just can't figure out what the reasoning would be if they were doing it for some other reason, it's not like it is hiding anything. From what I can make out from explanations, it is just because of the way the cameras work they use record the images, and also to highlight different materials.

Maybe the environment or space prevents them from using normal cameras, I dunno, I not an expert in photography in space. But if a rock is really yellow, yet they show it in green, it is still the same rock.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Mars could have higher concentrations of certain chemicals in different areas, or chemicals that reflect the color much more depending on the time of day/amount of sun. There's no reason to believe the entire planet is one color. What exactly would there be to gain from altering it? Nothing.

Clearly, you have never seen this picture.
Look closely at the american flag. Now explain how that's done without a color filter? Ooops...

I am pretty sure that those stripes are orange actually and only "turn red" after the alteration.
There are some photos revealing this but they are somewhat hard to come by.
I'll keep googling.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I just can't figure out what the reasoning would be if they were doing it for some other reason, it's not like it is hiding anything.

That's the problem, you cannot possibly know if they are hiding anything because if they are it's hidden therefore you couldn't know about it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yeah, but hiding something and producing false colour images are two different things.

Have a read of this muzzle, I've just found it and it is quite informative areo.info...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
true color pictures of Mars are Black & White like every other digital picture you take with you camera. They use red, blue and green filters to add colors to them and that is why it's false color image. They wont know what the real color of the Mars surface is until they send a human there ... just explore how the color images are taken on earth

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They add color to hide the Greys.

Rimshot!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Your answer is on the cover of just about every magazine with models on it.

Fake is SEXXXY!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Off topic: Just found this amazing picture of Earth and the moon as seen from Mars orbit, didn't think it would be this large/visible, even through HiRises telescope!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is common knowledge (or it should be) that all the photos of Mars are coloured in red. It was admitted years ago.

I don't know why they do this, but I'd guess it's because it looks like Earth. They want you to think it's more 'alien' than it actually is, so that no life can possibly exist there.

It's my own personal belief that it was very Earth-like at some point in history. Water, greenery, animals, people etc.

edit on 25-5-2012 by dJbdJb because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join