It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Everyone is always talking about the prophetic ability of the bible such as Revelations, and the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ to save the world....These are the same people saying Aliens are just demons, and that nobody is going to come save us. Jesus can save us, but aliens can't? Take out the part about Jesus being the supposed son of "God". Take him for what he is, a person. One person can save us, but others can't? It makes no sense. Secondly, the Bible was edited by TPTB, because obviously they would never let us have the whole truth. Also if it was edited/written by TPTB, then obviously they'd be able to say about a "Grand Deception" or what is going to happen in end times, because they'd influence it. They could use the whole "Grand Deception" scheme to keep people attached to the religion, even if it was a total sham. Aliens, are not the Grand Deception....The Grand Deception was trying to be told they didn't exist and that we are the only ones. Or that they are nothing but demons. The Bible was written by people who are intelligent and influencing the very events they are predicting. The Bible is not the work of some spooky, incompetent, father figure in the sky, who doesn't give a # about what's going on down here, he'd rather just wait so he could really stick it to Satan....Come on now...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Aliens, are not the Grand Deception....The Grand Deception was trying to be told they didn't exist and that we are the only ones. Or that they are nothing but demons.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

From the KJV (2 Thessalonians 2;10):

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness".

I assume that this is the "Grand Deception" you are referring to?

Since you are making biblical references (Jesus, satan, etc etc) lets stick with that line of reasoning:-

1. How long has the global Christian population "been told" that "Aliens don't exist/do exist but they are demons" compared to the age of the bible?
2. Given the context of the biblical passage I have referenced above, this deception is not limited to Christians - do you agree?
3. The "grand deception", as you put it, when you actually study this scenario in its entirety mentions, amongst other things, very specific individuals who will assist in this delusion: 2 Beasts, one false prophet (also referred to as "the Antichrist") - where are the Aliens referenced in scripture that have led you to understand that they are the crux of the "grand deception", other than in your mind - make reference to scripture please.

If you can't, then referencing, albeit inaccurately, minor portions of Christian scripture to suit your idea makes for a weak case and it is posts such as this that ruin a good debate.

If possible, try re-evaluating your OP without making a single reference to any religious text or entity, bible or otherwise so I can better understand the originality of your comments - I would have it a guess that you cannot because the very theme of your post is biblically inspired!!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The simple fact is you ignore the obvious. Why did "tptb" wait 2,000-3,000 years before enacting their "written plan"? Doesn't make any sense. You'd rather believe that they wrote this by seeing the future, than the more likely that men inspired under the Holy Spirit. Why? Because you reject God, probably the very God of your forefathers. It is the time of lawlessness now, with both Christians and the atheist descendants of Christians rejecting the very commandments of God and losing faith in Christ. Why? The theory of evolution crammed down their throats at every opportunity - school, tv, film, and print. I can't think of a better deception, allowed by God, to deceive those who never learned to love Truth. Once you believe that theory, the first two or three commandments are thrown out the window, and then others fall. Self and man sit in the temple of God. What comes next? If life evolved here, it MUST have evolved elsewhere. All that they had to do was put lights in the sky and people ran with it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You wrote:

Everyone is always talking about the prophetic ability of the bible such as Revelations, and the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ to save the world....These are the same people saying Aliens are just demons, and that nobody is going to come save us. Jesus can save us, but aliens can't? Take out the part about Jesus being the supposed son of "God". Take him for what he is, a person. One person can save us, but others can't? It makes no sense. Secondly, the Bible was edited by TPTB, because obviously they would never let us have the whole truth. Also if it was edited/written by TPTB, then obviously they'd be able to say about a "Grand Deception" or what is going to happen in end times, because they'd influence it. They could use the whole "Grand Deception" scheme to keep people attached to the religion, even if it was a total sham. Aliens, are not the Grand Deception....The Grand Deception was trying to be told they didn't exist and that we are the only ones. Or that they are nothing but demons. The Bible was written by people who are intelligent and influencing the very events they are predicting. The Bible is not the work of some spooky, incompetent, father figure in the sky, who doesn't give a # about what's going on down here, he'd rather just wait so he could really stick it to Satan....Come on now...

In all, you typed "they" or a derivative of the meaning of the word 8 times and "TPTB", twice. You typed, "aliens" and "demons", "religion" and "sham", and "Jesus" and "person" in the same sentences. You are obviously passionate about the possibility of being "deceived", yet you continue to listen to the people that you are afraid of.
You question reality but assume myth to be fact. What is it EXACTLY, that you are asking?

Why don't you STOP taking other's words so much to heart and pick up a copy of that "Bible" you referred to 4 times, including your title, and READ IT for your self. It would be much less confusing, if you humbled yourself prior. Don't rely on the beliefs of others. Read the Truth for your self. The Word will tell you why it is the Truth.

I think, in your mind, you know what the Truth is, already. It's simply time to remind your heart, of such.

....Come on now...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Even if it is a forcibly created scenario by the workings of a superconsciousness, or the individual through the collective, the fact is that all that you see today will not exist very soon in time. There is a great divide and a great passage and as easy as it is to say it will be phenomenal if we make it through.

This is where the Supernatural will occur, beyond our scope or understanding, with the opportunity to be absorbed by it, but not consumed. Blind faith at this point has nothing to do with what we are facing.

The acceptance and opening oneself to the "Living Word" is to gain discernment. Discovering the true meaning of the messages to us, taken on a personal level. "Down and personal" would be about right; any and all internal "messages" are of a divine nature, regardless, because we are of a divine beginning and it is internal as well as Eternal within. The awesome power of Life in its Ultimate Glory upon itself.

It may take a miracle if we can find a way Not to be at "ground zero" at any given event! We either see it to the end or we die, regardless of what comes next; I personally will be growing old if I can help it. Yet, I fully believe in the "Living Word" and have seen it working in my own personal life. Faced with so much I cannot believe it speaks so clearly at times, not always, but without a doubt we are not meant to be confused by it nor are we meant to be imprisoned by it. Love and Freedom seems to be the general message to get from here to there! Not a bad way to go! Guaranteed!
I am allowed my own opinion! No Rapture/Ground zero for me please! LOL

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I am just not so sure and i used to be so much more agnostic than i have been the last few years. Lately things just have me scratching my head.

Regarding the Bible:

Take a look at this thread with the numbers:

666-777-888

If those numbers are right...that would be some coincidence. I mean, are those numbers actually correct? So far all the searches bear out 666-777-888

Oxygen - 888

The thing that gets me is they didnt know that way back over 2 thousand years ago. How can this be explained?

ETA: So the number for Jesus is 888 and that is the number for oxygen.

Now look what John wrote:

In John 14:6 John wrote that Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

Oxygen = 888

How could John know this?

Science:

Oxygen -

Protons: 8
Neutrons: 8 (for isotope O16 the most common)
Electrons: 8

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Is this right or what?

edit on 24-5-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Was going to add to that last post, I still consider myself agnostic and that can just be how those numbers worked out. Just found a pdf and the numbers are:

666 Carbon, 777 Nitrogen, 888 Oxygen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I have, and you'd be surprised at how much your 'God' contradicts himself...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You're argument is so invalid, I had to force myself with a dignified response. The mere fact that you tried to assume what or how I believe is so inaccurate, you couldn't be farther from the truth. I am NOT an Evolutionist, nor am I a Creationist. The Creation will Evolve, is how I look at it. No, now is not the time of lawlessness, but that doesn't mean we need some guy telling us how to live, when he seriously has a twisted moral compass. Free will isn't free will if you must choose under duress. I believe in the Universe itself as a Primal Creator, but that is as far as my acceptance of Christianity goes. I do believe that there are some good points in the Bible, and fine moral lessons, but it is not the only 'Holy Book' with gems of wisdom to be found in it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

The simple fact is you ignore the obvious. Why did "tptb" wait 2,000-3,000 years before enacting their "written plan"? Doesn't make any sense. You'd rather believe that they wrote this by seeing the future, than the more likely that men inspired under the Holy Spirit. Why? Because you reject God, probably the very God of your forefathers. It is the time of lawlessness now, with both Christians and the atheist descendants of Christians rejecting the very commandments of God and losing faith in Christ. Why? The theory of evolution crammed down their throats at every opportunity - school, tv, film, and print. I can't think of a better deception, allowed by God, to deceive those who never learned to love Truth. Once you believe that theory, the first two or three commandments are thrown out the window, and then others fall. Self and man sit in the temple of God. What comes next? If life evolved here, it MUST have evolved elsewhere. All that they had to do was put lights in the sky and people ran with it.

I quoted your entire post because I wanted everyone to see the hate dripping off your words. I suppose you know exactly what will happen, some revelation Jesus told you, or your interpretation of your book, with is impossible considering all of the translation errors and edits by known Occultist's. I suppose you are one who thinks ETs are all demons too?
Calm down, others have different beliefs than you, and no, they are not evil. The only evil is in your hateful words aimed at the OP.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The best all around information book I have ever read is this one:

Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are

The book is a big-screen view of the Earth, as it was, as it is, through the vast experience of the Ascended Masters, Thoth, Babaji, and Drunvalo Melchizedek.
I must have read this book 50 times, and have loaned it to as many people. I really need a new copy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
God isn't going to come and save us because we trashed his creation. I can't see much of what is happening in the world today complying with the New Testament, this is a time of greed and pride which is exactly what the bible is against. Doesn't the bible give people a clue that what they are doing is against the laws set down thousands of years ago? We were caretakers of the planet and were supposed to subdue or tame it, not destroy it. I see nothing wrong with the writings of the bible, I see problems with people's interpretation of what is there.

What's the difference in a Golden Calf and anything else you idolize that is material and without practical reason for being. Nothing. If people would have truthfully read the bible instead of reading what they wanted to see than I would say humanities condition would be better. Does it say anywhere in the New Testament to shove Christianity down others throats killing those who will not convert? I don't see it there. Does it say anywhere in the New Testament to hate Muslims? I don't see it there. Does it say in the New Testament anywhere that we should build the Atom Bomb or create huge armies? Not there either.

I have a great respect for the writings of all religions. Most are interpreted wrong by the people who practice their religions. Most people see what they want to see and are blinded by their minds to the whole truth. If someone does not believe in God that is their choice but don't take one sentence of the bible and say that's evidence. Interpret the writings like you should, the Old Testament is attached for reference but Christianity is based on the writings in the New Testament. The Book of Genesis was created as a lesson of how we should be. God was mad because the food he provided for Adam and Eve wasn't good enough for them. Moses was mad because people were more into material things than into living good and moral lives. Wasn't it a clue that Moses took his people to live in the Wilderness, gods creation, for forty years so they could reconnect with nature? He kept them away from man so they could reconnect with the world.

People may say I am reading things into the Bible myself. I guess this could be true because I really appreciate nature. I also do not see the waste of this worlds resources is justified. I see too many people admiring wealth and buying lotto tickets to get a chance of ruining their lives. People thrive off of our dreams, our following of our dreams makes them rich. They hang the carrot in front of our nose and we follow their lead to destruction. The devil is the trickster or coyote.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Have you even read the bible....?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

If you are talking to me, yes I have many times. In fact I have one in each library next to the thrones.
I do my best reading when I am sitting on the throne. I like old writings. I also have books on mythology in the libraries near the thrones and some pamphlets from the Jehovah Witnesses along with the fishing regulations.
I can't even say I'm a good christian because I rarely go to church.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The bible was likely written in the 1400's-1500's.
"They" didn't wait 2000 years to enact their plan. They were doing it prior to the 1400's..........
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

We have all been hoodwinked into accepting the dating of the history that we have been taught.
Fact is there were no dates on the document used to write that history.

This site has several interesting articles that will explain this to you.
www.revisedhistory.org...

Christianity is a Hoax.
In fact, All religion is a Hoax.
It has been used relentlessly since the dawn of civilization to control the ever growing masses of people who might threaten the position of the Self-appointed leaders.

"the New Testament, the Church, and Christianity, were all the creation of the Calpurnius Piso family, who were Roman aristocrats. The New Testament and all the characters in it...are all fictional."
www.hiddenmysteries.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I will not say the Bible, or religion or any such thing is a hoax, and admire you for speaking freely about this topic, and invited the inevitable label of "anti-christ," which disallows logic immediately in discussing this issue.
What I will say about it, is that first we have to know where we are. What I mean by that, is we can mathematically assess and almost "prove" that our environment is a sort of matrix, obviously. Nothing new in that assessment.
Therefore, judging reality is at best, tricky. And obviously intended to be. We even have relativistic philosophy involved, telling us that good and evil are subjective. If you are being tortured and tied up, I propose that there is nothing relativistic about that. Proving it might be, but what you experienced, and who did it to you, isn't all that subjective.
Now, back to the Bible. And where we are. We are told we are in the galaxy called the Milky Way, on a planet called earth. Sorry, but I'm not even sure that's true these days. Having said that, I think most will get my point.
and the extrapolation intended about the Bible.
Thanks for your take on it, OP.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Nice contribution of ideas to this thread, have a star friend (:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No problem, my OP might have gotten a bit off-topic, I was just trying to illustrate that people should not dismiss the free-thinking of UFO's and Extra-terrestrial beings, simply because they are trying to use the Bible to fill in blanks that don't fit. They think because in the eyes of Christianity, God just created us, so any discussion of ET's or etc, is considered the following of evil...That is one thing Religion has a problem with, Denying Ignorance.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

No problem, my OP might have gotten a bit off-topic, I was just trying to illustrate that people should not dismiss the free-thinking of UFO's and Extra-terrestrial beings, simply because they are trying to use the Bible to fill in blanks that don't fit. They think because in the eyes of Christianity, God just created us, so any discussion of ET's or etc, is considered the following of evil...That is one thing Religion has a problem with, Denying Ignorance.

Funny, because I will counter what you have said with something asserted in the Bible, itself. "let those who have eyes to see, and ears to hear..." "ears will be covered and eyes will be blinded..."
Just sayin', about your assertion about ignorance....
This is a very complex issue you have taken on, and many have been blinded, put to sleep, and on and on.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join