It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France's Ban on Monsanto's GMO Maize

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A one-world government is fine and dandy if it was made up of principled people and caring policies. But apparantly it will result in a Monsanto GMO monopoly of our food grains on a worldwide basis. Why would anyone, anyone whatsoever - be they government, private investors, bankers - stand for that? They want to own and control every seed? Who thought up such a monstrosity in the first place, a dream of control freaks everywhere.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Selective lightning strikes sure are a funny thing. They start fires in farmer's fields all the time.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

yep, that lightening sure is funny stuff

If I wasn't so old I'd be out there with a lightening rod, trying to fight off the lightening of course

By the way, Love your signature

edit on 25-5-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I have been thinking about agriculture and farming a lot.
I have a small 1 acre homestead.
My father's family were all farmers. I farmed until I was a teenager, when we sold our properties.

I think that controlling the food system IS THE CENTRAL grip that the NWO types have on people.
I'm trying to put it all together, but it keeps coming back to that.

If we could reverse this ONE thing - agribusiness - into modern sustainable, scientific ecological farming - I think we COULD change the world into a naturally more egalitarian place.

I am a capitalist. That said, it can run amuck, and agribusiness is a prime example of the misery it can bring when resources get exploited to the mass.

I don't want to be a resource - a consumer in the chain - I am a human.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This is damn sickening, and just goes to show how much corruption there really is. On what authority or grounds do they have the right to say ANYTHING, about what France can ban food-wise or not? This is like the FDA banning Borax as a food additive, because it flushes heavy metals(Fluoride, etc), out of your body. Israel has a very HIGH Boron content in their water, and the lowest arthritis rates in the world. Yet, because it is actually beneficial to your body they ban it. Yet, the FDA will allow MSG, Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium, Fluoride, HFCS, GMO's and etc. Look at this quote from an article on wikipedia about Acesulfame...

As with other artificial sweeteners, there is concern over the safety of acesulfame potassium. Although studies of these sweeteners show varying and controversial degrees of dietary safety[citation needed], the United States Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) has approved their general use. Critics[who?] say acesulfame potassium has not been studied adequately and may be carcinogenic, although these claims have been dismissed by the US FDA[9] and by equivalent authorities in the European Union

en.wikipedia.org...

Now is the time to act Ladies and Gentlemen. Are we going to continue standing idly by, while we are poisoned to death over our lifetimes, and then wonder why we have Multiple Sclerosis, or Alzheimer's, etc? We must take back responsibility for our lives from this corrupt and broken system. It is okay to accept help, but do not ever let anyone Religion or Government, try and take control of your life. Because that my friends is how we got to this point, 2012.
edit on 25-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's why I keep trying to tell people.

Everyone likes to gripe about the USA, China, Russia, the UK, whatever.

But in reality we are all under attack and threatened directly, no matter where we live.
This is a global issue.

Tyranny vs the people. And guess what?
We are totally disorganized and that is our greatest weakness.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

LOL... Oh man if France doesn't get all up in arms (pun intended) over this, then it's not the France my mom told me about when she was younger.

Those people know how to protest! Half the $#!+ in the country shuts down when they protest...

I so hope this just explodes in Monsanto's & EU's faces like a bad case of Mudbutt.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The French are going to do what the French do best.

Surrender.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, their global headquarters is in the heart of Saint Louis, MO. The heart of America.

If you want something done, go to STL and do it yourself. Others will follow.

People outside of these circles (ATS type circles) do not truly understand Monsanto, nor do they realize the type of things that this company does. If you show up, and you bang your pots and pans loud enough outside their headquarters, someone, somewhere, will take notice. Then another. And another. And even more.

I love this site, but bitching about how bad a company is, does absolutely nothing in getting changes made. I am willing to make the trip to STL, are you?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is how you get rid of Monsanto:

Activists in UK plan to trash crop experiment
They claim the test of genetically modified wheat must be stopped.

In mid-April, a group calling itself 'Take the Flour Back' issued a blunt threat: "Pull up the GM wheat, or we will." Now, their deadline for action is fast approaching, and efforts to defuse the situation have gone nowhere, leaving researchers facing a potential confrontation this Sunday.

Set to 'kick-off' May 27th.

arstechnica.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I hope the French will burn the Monsanto crops. Because that's what should be done when someone tries to force you to allow their crappy product in your country. That way they loose money and you don't have to see their crappy products in your country.

P.S. Monsanto sucks.

Sorry for the not-too-creative post, ATS, but I hate Monsanto.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

A couple posts above AaronWilson had a better idea. The road to liberty begins at home.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

thank you for thaking the time to answer my question, greatly appreciated !

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

My pleasure, happy food shopping

I think that enough of us are making an impact because MSM is now putting up junk science to let us know that eating Organic makes you a jerk !

news.yahoo.com...

The "study" if you can call it that say's exposure to pictures of Organic food makes you mean and stingy, whereas eating cookies makes you a better person.

The only thing is they had 60 people, no mention if they were Organic consumers to start with, and they split them up into 3 groups and showed then pictures of organic fruits and veggies and the other groups "comfort" carb type foods and then measured how nice they were in a questionaire afterward .... to come up with the nonsense conclusion that "that going organic can make you feel smug about yourself — and act nasty to others".

Looking at a picture of labelled organic fruit and veggies... = going Organic ... hmmmmm, okey dokey...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by budengland

glad you bought that up as it is relevant...
i believe that this is also Monsanto, or conducted on behalf of monsanto....
www.bbc.co.uk...
Has anybody read the thread about the genetically modified wheat being linked to bees dying on mass... nobody was talking about it, even the eco warrior guy that they got on the bbc. i would have thought this is very serious and worthy of public attention...
i believe there is already a thread somewhere but last year Monsanto bought this company...
www.beeologics.com...
Even if the bees dying is nothing to do with the new wheat, then we need to find out SOON, before they start eposing the country side to potential contamination. Why is this research not being conducted openly an publicly?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

and who's behind alot of monsanto .. for one, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ...
are you using a windows operating system ?

Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
The Gates Foundation has partnered with the Rockefeller Foundation to enhance agricultural science and small-farm productivity in Africa, building on the Green Revolution which the Rockefeller Foundation spurred in the 1940s and 1960s. The Gates Foundation has made an initial $100 million investment in this effort, to which the Rockefeller foundation has contributed $50 million. Critics allege that the foundation has a preference to make grants which benefit multinational agribusiness, such as Monsanto,[32] which do not take into account many local needs in Africa.[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is not surprising. I have to ask if the people still think the EU was/is a good idea? I personally think that the fact that the wishes of a countries people can be over ridden by a group of other countries is not a great idea. I realize that a parallel can be drawn between that and states v country.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join